Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swedish nursery worker bites off more than she can

Althalus

SKOEVDE, Sweden (AFP) - A Swedish nursery assistant has been fined for biting a baby in an attempt to discourage it from sinking its tiny teeth into other children, a media report said.

A court in the western town of Skoevde ordered the assistant to pay her victim 1,320 euros (1,570 dollars) in compensation for "poor treatment" of the child, a two-year-old boy, the daily Expressen reported.

The trouble began back in October 2002 when the boy, whose parents had warned workers at the creche that he was prone to bite, sank his miniature but powerful jaws into the 35-year-old assistant.

The child received more than it had bargained for when the assistant bit him back, prompting his parents to call on staff at the creche to find some other way of discouraging their son's disagreeable habit.

But three days later, after the boy bit another child, this time in the face, the assistant bit back for a second time, leaving an indentation that was still visible 10 days later.

The assistant, who was not named, has since resigned her job.

Yahoo News

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• emmy

• Aslan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I fully appreciate that the at the age of two the concept of right and wrong is as yet unformed, and while I further appreciate that a guiding hand is better than a commanding fist, violence begets violence and two wrongs don't make a right...

...I would have been hard pushed not to bite the little @*&$?!£ too.

We have a under 5's story hour at the library, all the kids are lovely except for one little boy aged 2 who will fight the other children, bite them, growl at them etc. and make them cry, most are frightened of him, I think its due to lack of interaction of children his own age...

however there is a set of 18 month old twins (who are really cute), he tried to bully these and one pushed him over, although I shouldn't of been I was pleased the he had finally got his comeuppance.