Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-gun protests in London

Blackleaf

you know what i would love for someone to provide evidence of?

a case where gun control lowers overall murder rates, anywhere, any country PLEASE this is my challenge to all you gun control (please note when i refer to gun control i refer to outright banning, and not restrictions and background checks).

Until someone can present statistically significant evidence that gun control will lower rates of murder (sorry kids, but lowering rates of homicides with guns is cheating, it has to be an overall statistic, if you need me to explain why you most definately shouldn't try to argue in this topic), the gun control advocates have ZERO arguement.

In conclusion, I indeed rock, moreso than Bill Clinton, and significantly less than Elvis.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• onep0int

• Celumnaz

• TheOriginalF

the truth about guns/and america,why there is crime etc.etc. IS BECAUSE THE badguys HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN LAW BIDDING CITIZENS.the laws are there to protect them,believe me, if it was open season on badguts there would be no crime,rapes,murders or drug dealing etc etc because the american people would not stand for it, but they CANT take the law in their own hands ,they will end up in jail not the badguys!!

99%of americans are good people,its that 1%that we cant control which gives us a bad wrap!!!!! wacko.gifwacko.gif

oh yeah, forget about defense,self-defense is totaly dumb!

623608[/snapback]

Self defence by using a gun is dumb.. this is not the wild west, it is not a war zone, guns have a place in this todays world. There is no quick fix or solution to stopping gun crime, but the right to bear amrs etc etc etc... what a load of crap.

623630[/snapback]

-Did I say it was the wild west? no!

-Did I say it was a war zone? no!

what are you gonna do , charge at your attackers with a pointy stick?

guns do have a place in this world, they should be available to all (or at least most people) because otherwise pointy sticks will be issued to the citizens.

623669[/snapback]

You have major issues and if I had a pointy stick I know where I would like shove it?

Have you used a gun in defence against another person.

623691[/snapback]

no, I have never used a firearm in my own defense but if I had to I damn bloody would!

most americans dont buy gons for murder and crime, just for hunting, sport, and DEFENSE.

whats wrong with that?

if my relative was killed by a gun I wouldnt blame and condemn all guns, ide only blame THE ATTACKER! The Attacker is the real enemy,not the gun, its not like the gun decided to murder someone

Edited by PadawanOsswe

most americans dont buy gons for murder and crime, just for hunting, sport, and DEFENSE.

Well for one, point a gun at an animal and blowing its brains out for fun, is what is known by many as evil and cruel and for brain dead people.

And most kids that are killed by guns are killed by accident, doesn’t make it anymore right does it? What is all this crap about defence ? That is just the product of paranoia, caused by Americans continued obsession with fear, and the whole worlds coming to get you mentality, isn’t it funny that its the pro-gun people and those that support them that seem to be the ones pumping America full of this fear based paranoia, and the constant reminder that evil and someone wanting to harm you is around every corner, very convenient that because they get rich of the people they pump full of this fear by selling them guns.

Other countries where guns are illegal are fine, America where guns are obsessed about is not fine, it has a horrible history of gun violence, fear makes people do pretty extremism things in all aspects of life. Some people go as far as imprisoning them selves in there own homes, with a gun around every corner, what a horrible curse on ones life.

whats wrong with that?

Ask someone who has lost a son or daughter to the evils of guns, and I am sure they will be able to give you good enough answer.

Edited by Faeden

Other countries where guns are illegal are fine, America where guns are obsessed about is not fine

Could I see those stats?

Ask someone who has lost a son or daughter to the evils of guns, and I am sure they will be able to give you good enough answer.

For every one you find that now hates guns, I'll find one that doesn't. Probably be able to find one that didn't and now does. The "I'm Bein Oppressed!!" crowd are more vocal though, they're more likely to get in your face and say "Guns are eeevvvilllll"

Oh almost forgot, regarding my post above... Nobody ****ing shot in school today! Wow, two day streak... break out the champagne!

Could I see those stats?

You do not really need stats, just common sense, but here is something you might find interesting U.S. leads the world in gun deaths

There are numberless amounts of "stats" to prove that America has a huge gun violence problem, you do not really need stats to prove it, just eye balls and ears, all you have to do is study it and you will see stats all over the place, but the pro-gun people seem to ignore them, again very convenient for them.

To try and justify guns, all you need is an attitude that constantly tries to delude its self, and bury its head in the sand, and just keeps telling its self that they are right no matter what the reality shows, ignorance is bliss, its true that if you keep telling your self something, no matter how stupid, you will soon begin to believe it.

It was proved that more Americans have died in America from guns in its history, than Americans have died in wars over seas, do you need any more proof than that, and please do not ask me for proof of that, look for your self and your find it easily enough.

all the best

Faeden

people just want their way, they like guns until someone they know gets killed by one, then they say there shouldn't be guns. those kind of people I can kill. guns are cool, target practice, shoot stuff like cans, also don't have to worry if a murderer is in your house gonna kill you. guns are cool. plus, even if they said people can't buy guns, tehy can get them on the streets.

Edited by fallingalien

Faeden Posted Today, 01:08 PM

Well for one, point a gun at an animal and blowing its brains out for fun, is what is known by many as evil and cruel and for brain dead people.

How would you suggest then that say the deer population be controled if shooting an animal is so evil and cruel and for brain dead people. Isn't letting them starve to death even more cruel.

Faeden Posted Today, 01:08 PM

How would you suggest then that say the deer population be controled if shooting an animal is so evil and cruel and for brain dead people. Isn't letting them starve to death even more cruel.

626432[/snapback]

Nature has its own ways of controlling things, but you cant use that lame excuse to try and out wit me, because the fact is most people hunt because they enjoy shooting things, and killing things, not because they are doing it for the benefit for nature, so what you said is just some lame and shallow excuse to try and justify there sick perverted needs.

Animals do cause people a problem when they come into contact with humans yes, but its not there fault, they where here before us, we invaded there homes remember, if we are going to share this world with them we should respect them, even if they can cause our way of life a problem, they have a way of life to and have the right to be in nature.

Before humans came about, animals got over populated, and nature took care of that. Hunters go into there homes and back yards and kill them, just because they like the "sport" of hunting, not because they are trying to keep them from starving.

Nature will take care of its self, and it will and is taking care of us ignorant humans that rape and destroy it for our selfish, sick, and greedy needs. People can rape nature all they like, we might think we have the right to abuse nature, but time and time again humans find out that nature is in charge of us, rather than our arrogant belief, that we are in charge of nature, and that we can take from it, and never give anything back. There is no way we can control or manipulate nature. Humans are puny and stupid enough to think they can fight it, but nature will always be the winner.

I remember some redneck type guy on TV once, and he summed up the mentality of the hunter perfectly, he went into nature and started shooting bears, and even shooting mothers and there cubs, and one time his gun jammed and he was mauled, he survived, and after said that what the bear did to him (in the bears own home after him killing hundreds of bears) was proof that bears where evil and barbaric and that they should be killed, totally forgetting that he had slaughtered hundreds of them before one ever got his paws on him. Maybe its more understandable if a bear came into his house, but he was in there house, and he was calling them evil for attaching him, even though he was there to blow them away, aren’t them hunters smart ?

Celumnaz I did read the responses yes, and they are just typical of the dilutional things pro-gun people convince them selves of. Some of the pro-gun people do make some good arguments, but they are far and few between, and the arguments against guns are much more powerful and are based on common sense. Guns are nasty things, no matter how you try and justify it or gloss it over. They are made to kill.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

the arguments against guns are much more powerful and are based on common sense.

You mean based on fear. Common sense would say hey, there wasn't a problem with guns for over a hundred years plus, but there was a seminal shift in society about 30 years ago, and *violence* has been becoming more and more of a problem. Common sense would say, like one of the freepers up there:

To: Lexington

Likewise, I would expect countries with more trees, cliffs and ladders will report a higher incidence of deaths due to falls. Countries with more automobiles will show a higher incidence of fatal traffic accidents. This is rather meaningless.

One need only look to Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, China, Cambodia, Rwanda, Albania, etc. to see what happens when a government runs amok and its people are disarmed.

04/17/98 14:08:45 EDT

so don't mistake fear, for common sense.

Guns are nasty things, no matter how you try and justify it or gloss it over.

ummm, ooook... so is this the real reason? If it were human, I'd say you were racist. Fear...

hey cool, my moms a member of freerepublic

guns are what is keping our nations safe and your freedoms secure, the gun is designed to be both offensive AND defensive, and I am sorry about the families who's loved ones have been killed by someone using a firearm but what they have to realise is that its not the guns fault! its the dumba** that shot the person! and even at that people die every few seconds, we all have to go sometime.

to hate firearms is to hate the very thing that keeps your countries safe and free, you might as well hate swords, knifes,spears and every other weapon. rofl.gif

oh and about the hunters, some ONLY hunt for food, others hunt for BOTH food AND sport. no hunter that I know wastes the animal on just sport.

shooting can be fun, be it shooting cans or far off range targets, its a thrill, marksmanship is a fun hobby!

and defense witha firearm is not BS! americans that own a firearm are 99.9% of the time not paranoid, its just in case.

beseds if you country was invaded it would be good to have a firearm otherwise you would have to smite thee with a pointy stick! no.gif

beseds if you country was invaded it would be good to have a firearm otherwise you would have to smite thee with a pointy stick!

I am still laughing at that one, it is as good as the Monty Python line concerning the killer rabbit in The Holy Grail, Run away......

ummm, ooook... so is this the real reason? If it were human, I'd say you were racist. Fear...

You have a strange mentality I give you that LOL but then you seem to support guns so its to be expected. Maybe I am just really dumb, but I do not really understand what your on about. I’m just glad I do not support something that is responsible for so much evil in the world, you carry on, we all have free will, and its on your head not mine thumbsup.gif I fear guns yes, but then that is why I do not think they should be legal because I fear someone I love dyeing at the hands of them, whether it be murder or accident….

Faeden

Using your logic the next time a mosquito decides to bite you or termites start to eat your home remember your words:

Nature has its own ways of controlling things, but you cant use that lame excuse to try and out wit me, because the fact is most people hunt because they enjoy shooting things, and killing things, not because they are doing it for the benefit for nature, so what you said is just some lame and shallow excuse to try and justify there sick perverted needs.

Animals do cause people a problem when they come into contact with humans yes, but its not there fault, they where here before us, we invaded there homes remember, if we are going to share this world with them we should respect them, even if they can cause our way of life a problem, they have a way of life to and have the right to be in nature.

Before humans came about, animals got over populated, and nature took care of that. Hunters go into there homes and back yards and kill them, just because they like the "sport" of hunting, not because they are trying to keep them from starving.

Nature will take care of its self, and it will and is taking care of us ignorant humans that rape and destroy it for our selfish, sick, and greedy needs. People can rape nature all they like, we might think we have the right to abuse nature, but time and time again humans find out that nature is in charge of us, rather than our arrogant belief, that we are in charge of nature, and that we can take from it, and never give anything back. There is no way we can control or manipulate nature. Humans are puny and stupid enough to think they can fight it, but nature will always be the winner.

Don't swat that mosquito or poison those termites let nature handle it ok.

beseds if you country was invaded it would be good to have a firearm otherwise you would have to smite thee with a pointy stick!

I am still laughing at that one, it is as good as the Monty Python line concerning the killer rabbit in The Holy Grail, Run away......

626535[/snapback]

lol, that line is partially from a Monty python skit

the new British army

------------------

-Private:"sir, may we have guns?"

-Officer: "absolutly not! this is the new British army,you will shoot yourself!"

-Private:"hmm,what about a sword?"

-Officer:"no, you'lle stab yourself!"

-Private:" (ponders)...what about a pointy stick?"

-Officer:"no you'lle poke your eye out!"

-------------------

laugh.gif thank goodness for firearms otherwise the militaries would be just like this! laugh.gif

oh and about the hunters, some ONLY hunt for food, others hunt for BOTH food AND sport. no hunter that I know wastes the animal on just sport.

shooting can be fun, be it shooting cans or far off range targets, its a thrill, marksmanship is a fun hobby!

You can shot tin cans and targets with pellet guns, and even tin can ally that is just as much fun.

The excuse that hunters hunt for food is hilarious, they say the poor have to hunt for food, thinking that people are as stupid as the people that make that excuse, we have shops, and stores in walking distance of most people homes now, hey you can even order your shopping online direct to your house, we are not living 200 years ago, and with the money they spent on there guns and ammo they could easily buy a meal from the store. Hunt for food sure… you would have to be just as dilutional as the person hunting to believe that LOL We are not cavemen anymore. I can imagine even cavemen did not hunt because they enjoyed slaughtering animals.

Edited by Faeden

people useually dont hunt all of the time.my friends just hunt occasionally. I dont hunt, just because I dont need to, and plus its really cold out and early in the morning and I just wouldnt feel like getting up. laugh.gif

but sometimes hunting is neccessary in rural area's hmm.gif

Squatting a mosquito is a little different from going out and destroying the environment, and killing an animal just because you find pleasure in killing and blowing up animals. You know you sound like one of these programmed pro-violence robots. Why dont you get a mind of your own?. Why do you keep using shallow and vane examples and excuses that a 5 year old could think up? What on earth has swatting a mosquito got to do with hunting for pleasure?

All the best

Faeden

You can shot tin cans and targets with pellet guns, and even tin can ally that is just as much fun.

The excuse that hunters hunt for food is hilarious, they say the poor have to hunt for food, thinking that people are as stupid as the people that make that excuse, we have shops, and stores in walking distance of most please homes now, we are not living 200 years ago, and with the money they spent on there guns and ammo they could easily buy a meal from the store. Hunt for food sure… you would have to be just as dilutional as the person hunting to believe that LOL We are not cavemen anymore. I can imagine even cavemen did not hunt because they enjoyed slaughtering animals.

626570[/snapback]

Faedon, you have to remember that America as a country is very young and the UK has been here forever, I suppose they might mature enough in few hundred years to understand what we are saying.

Squatting a mosquito is a little different from going out and destroying the environment, and killing an animal just because you find pleasure in killing and blowing up animals. You know you sound like one of these programmed pro-violence robots. Why dont you get a mind of your own?. Why do you keep using shallow and vane examples and excuses that a 5 year old could think up? What on earth has swatting a mosquito got to do with hunting for pleasure?

All the best

Faeden

626585[/snapback]

I know a few occasional hunter and in no way are they psycho destroy the animal types, hunters (or at least most hunters) are not crazy.

The excuse that hunters hunt for food is hilarious, they say the poor have to hunt for food, thinking that people are as stupid as the people that make that excuse, we have shops, and stores in walking distance of most please homes now, we are not living 200 years ago, and with the money they spent on there guns and ammo they could easily buy a meal from the store. Hunt for food sure… you would have to be just as dilutional as the person hunting to believe that LOL We are not cavemen anymore. I can imagine even cavemen did not hunt because they enjoyed slaughtering animals.

626570[/snapback]

Faedon, you have to remember that America as a country is very young and the UK has been here forever, I suppose they might mature enough in few hundred years to understand what we are saying.

626588[/snapback]

were young and rebellious devil.gifgunsmilie.gif

Australia is younger...and we (except bathory) understand what your saying. Theres flaw in your logic...lol

laugh.gif Yeah and the young and rebellious have to grow up sooner or later... Thank god for that innocent.gif

I would say out of control and this is what makes the US gun crazy, I will be the first to admit we have a problem with guns in the UK but no where on the level that the US have... they like you are obseessed with the Right to bear arms to defend ourselves it is laughable to see some of the replies here.

I have handled more guns than you have probably seen, been shot at and killed... any fool can pull the trigger and take someones life and don't get me wrong shooting the cancerous trash in our society gets my vote, but it doesn't work like that, guns are used in crimes against the innocent, children are killed by accidental shootings or simply stumbling across the Gun dad was hiding under the bed and then the child thinks it is a toy then introduces it to the game... before you know it he shot his friend thinking it was a toy?