Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-gun protests in London

Blackleaf

Faedon, you have to remember that America as a country is very young and the UK has been here forever, I suppose they might mature enough in few hundred years to understand what we are saying.

Australia is younger...and we (except bathory) understand what your saying. Theres flaw in your logic...lol

626613[/snapback]

No look at Australias and compare the directions each country has politically chosen to go, America is massive in terms of a built up population and different nationalities living together all having there own ideals and then you give them the right to bear arms along with the racial tension that the US breeds in their own society.. it is a recipe for disaster.

Can you imagiune what the Bradford riots and iother major riots would have been like if the UK had the same gun laws?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• onep0int

• Celumnaz

• TheOriginalF

I find it odd that everybody always brings up hunting when the subject of gun control comes up. It's apples and oranges people, the problem is with hand guns nobody hunts with a pistol and most people don't walk around with a rifle tucked in there pants for protection.

I have to also agree that it is ridiculous to think that we could defend ourselves against the US military if we ever needed to. A few shotguns, rifles and pistols isn't going to make a dent in todays high tech, high power military.

I don't really have a problem with guns themselves (I do think it's necessary to draw a distinction between handguns and rifles), but I do find it odd that when ever people defend owning or needing one they tend to bring up scenarios that just aren't relevant anymore. This isn't 1805, we don't "need" to hunt for food and we aren't going to get into a war with a musket toting military that citizens armed with rifles could defend themselves against.

Edited by TheOriginalF

And lets not forget all the people killed, that where killed in arguments, or in petty disputes, or when people are drunk. If guns where not all over the place, or legal to carry then most of them killings would not have happened and just been a brawl or a punch up, and then forgotten about the next day.

Many guns in America are used because of a flash of anger, or someone seeing red, or because someone was drugged up or drunk and not in control of them self, I know that doesn’t excuse the killing of someone with a gun, but people would not be dying so much by guns if guns where not so readily available, I cant see why that is so hard for some people to understand.

People argue that its people that kill not guns, and that is all true, but if the guns where not there then the people could not kill with them would they?. Many people killed with guns are because of accident, or because of a flash of anger, or a moment of madness. I do not agree with violence at all, but its better to give someone a kicking than to blow there brains out which is what would happen more if people didn’t have a gun at easy reach.

I am opposed to anti gun. I feel as if a person has a right to choose whether or not the have one.

You must go through a background check at a store. You must also have a permit to carry onew

I know this doesn't matter to killers and stuff or young children

but I feel as if I have a right to defend my family in case of emergency. And what about hunter that hunt deer are they hunting anyone. Sometimes it is just for sport. Or even to eat them. I think it is all according to how you feel.

That's sort of my point Faeden, and it does help bring out the distinction between rifles and handguns. You can hide a pistol anywhere, keep it loaded and whip it our and shoot anybody in a second. When was the last time you saw anybody walking downtown with a loaded rifle slung over there shoulder?

I think it's the quick response time that makes handguns so dangerous in the first place. I'm sure most people wouldn't be so apt to shoot somebody if they had to go home and load a rifle, that time to cool off just might be the difference between life and death.

I think the easiest way to sum this up is to say that we should ban handguns and allow those who feel they need a fire arm to keep a rifle.

but its better to give someone a kicking than to blow there brains out

Now that is what the hell is wrong with America. Everyone is to scared to take an ass kicking. People would rather pull a gun on someone instead of throwing down.

Now i have a gun. I don't carry it around with me. It is only incase someone breaks into my house, because i be damned if someone is going to take my stuff that i worked for, or the things that has been handed down from my great great grandparents. Things that i can't put a price on.

Now i have been in plenty of fights. I've kicked the poo outta people and got the poo kicked outta me, but we all survived.

I can cite example after example of an armed citizen defending him or herself sucessfully because they owned a gun. To answer the remark that people do not hunt with handguns, yes they do there are plenty of organized handgun hunts for fairly large game. The American Rifleman magizine, the official journal of the American Rifle Association, has case after case in its monthly publication citing examples of armed citizens defending themselves from being attacked, wounded and killed.

I am opposed to anti gun. I feel as if a person has a right to choose whether or not the have one.

You must go through a background check at a store. You must also have a permit to carry onew

but I feel as if I have a right to defend my family in case of emergency. And what about hunter that hunt deer are they hunting anyone. Sometimes it is just for sport. Or even to eat them. I think it is all according to how you feel.

626688[/snapback]

We are all entitled to our opinions background checks are easily overcome with falsified papers and many of the killers that have used guns I am sure have been vetted in some shape or form just because they were good citizens when they were checked does not mean they remain that way, this is why a proactive rather than reactive measure has to be taken.

Hunting deer for sport.. where is the sport in that, any fool can shoot a deer, I have hunting and tracking courses through my business in countries where you can blast the sh** out of any animal, I dont agree on killing an animal unless you need to eat it for survival... the sport is in tracking the animal through long forgotten human instintcs, 1/2/3/4 days of tracking and stalking and then the fact you know you could at the end have taken this animals life but don't.. you just watch it run away or move into the wood to live another day.. that shows far more skill.. we don't allow any of our students to kill anything unless they need to eat it.

I can cite example after example of an armed citizen defending him or herself sucessfully because they owned a gun. To answer the remark that people do not hunt with handguns, yes they do there are plenty of organized handgun hunts for fairly large game. The American Rifleman magizine, the official journal of the American Rifle Association, has case after case in its monthly publication citing examples of armed citizens defending themselves from being attacked, wounded and killed.

626709[/snapback]

Okay so some people hunt with handguns, is it necessary? You can hunt just fine with a rifle, why do we also have to hunt with handguns? They really just aren't needed.

626709[/snapback]

Simply wonderful. You stated this well. thumbsup.gif

626709[/snapback]

I am sure you can, but what we are syaing is the agressor probably has a gun because he can buy it over the counter... you need to take this option away, I have witnessed several hit and run accidents that went unsolved, If I had a Barret rifle they would not have run.. this does not make it right?

And what about hunter that hunt deer are they hunting anyone.

I take it you meant are they hurting anyone ? Yes they are, they are hurting the deer, and the babies they leave motherless. They hurt me and the children that are out walking in the countryside respecting it, and just trying to get away from the nastiness of life, and to relax, and then walk around a corner and see a deer lying there with its head blown of, that completely ruins my day, not to mention the childrens day that have to see it, and also the deer that lost its life while minding its own business, just because some perverted hunter wants to shot something. I have been walking in the countryside many times and seen the horror on a childs face when they see the evil of a animals that is been killed and dumped in a river or just left on the path, I remember seeing a stag that had been caught in a fishing wire snare, and someone had come along and stabbed it to death repeatedly. Try telling an innocent child why humans do such evil things to animals, and to other humans, its near on impossible, because theirs no logical explanation or justified excuse, other than sick and twisted evil reasons. I suppose you could lie, but then that is what causes people to be ignorant in the first place.

all the best

Faeden

It's kind of a catch 22 isn't it? We need guns to defend against other people with guns...kind of a silly circle if you ask me.

I take it you meant are they hurting anyone ? Yes they are, they are hurting the deer, and the babies they leave motherless. They hurt me and the children that are out walking in the countryside respecting it, and just trying to get away from the nastiness of life, and to relax, and then walk around a corner and see a deer lying there with its head blown of, that completely ruins my day, not to mention the childrens day that have to see it, and also the deer that lost its life while minding its own business, just because some perverted hunter wants to shot something. I have been walking in the countryside many times and seen the horror on a childs face when they see the evil of a animals that is been killed and dumped in a river or just left on the path, I remember seeing a stag that had been caught in a fishing wire snare, and someone had come along and stabbed it to death repeatedly. Try telling an innocent child why humans do such evil things to animals, and to other humans, its near on impossible, because theirs no logical explanation or justified excuse, other than sick and twisted evil reasons. I suppose you could lie, but then that is what causes people to be ignorant in the first place.

Now i don't hunt, but there is a disease that is killing off the deer in my county of Patrick. And if i see a deer that looks like it has this disease called CDW. You can tell because it has patches of fur missing. I would kill it. I would hate to, but if i didn't it would spread the disease and kill even more deer.

It's kind of a catch 22 isn't it? We need guns to defend against other people with guns...kind of a silly circle if you ask me.

626731[/snapback]

Catch 22 exactly but we have to get a grip on it... take away the guns and the right to bear arms, gun crime will alawys be a problem but on a lesser scale... let those taht are paid and trained to protect us take the responsibilty to ensure our floor space is a safer haven to tread.

Now i don't hunt, but there is a disease that is killing off the deer in my county of Patrick. And if i see a deer that looks like it has this disease called CDW. You can tell because it has patches of fur missing. I would kill it. I would hate to, but if i didn't it would spread the disease and kill even more deer.

626740[/snapback]

I think that would be justified... Is this the brain disease that effects deer and Elk?

626688[/snapback]

We are all entitled to our opinions background checks are easily overcome with falsified papers and many of the killers that have used guns I am sure have been vetted in some shape or form just because they were good citizens when they were checked does not mean they remain that way, this is why a proactive rather than reactive measure has to be taken.

Hunting deer for sport.. where is the sport in that, any fool can shoot a deer, I have hunting and tracking courses through my business in countries where you can blast the sh** out of any animal, I dont agree on killing an animal unless you need to eat it for survival... the sport is in tracking the animal through long forgotten human instintcs, 1/2/3/4 days of tracking and stalking and then the fact you know you could at the end have taken this animals life but don't.. you just watch it run away or move into the wood to live another day.. that shows far more skill.. we don't allow any of our students to kill anything unless they need to eat it.

626716[/snapback]

I was just stating my opinion and i am sorrry if I offended you. My father goes hunting every year and he goes for sport. This doesn't mean he kills it and leaves it fotr dead. This doesn't mean it rots and it carcuss is devoured by vulchers. My father gets the deer and then takes it to the slaughter house. We make meat out of it. I have survived many of years on deer meat. It in fact is less fatty then the bovine. So I have no problem eating this meat. And yes the laws are often overlooked but that is with everything isn't it.

I agree static, sometimes it can be more humane to simply shoot the animal than let it suffer. I have killed animals before that where hit by cars or left for dead after being shot, I would like to try to help them but when you find yourself 80 miles from the nearest animal hospital, it just seems more humane to put a bullet through their heads.

I don't really have a problem with hunting, it's the irresponsible hunters I have a problem with. Lord knows every fall they seem to come out in mass in the woods around my house! I have bullet holes in the back of my house from hunters firing at deer, good rule of thumb, if you can see a house...don't fire! A lot of my friends bring by their children who play in my back yard, thank god they weren't around when these ignorant people where deciding to fire at my home. As a matter of fact I was awoken one morning by a gunshot in my backyard, it would seem some idiot tracked a deer right into my yard and decided to shoot it right there! He must have been 30 feet from my house...needless to say he didn't leave with the deer...it wouldn't fit in the police car. I kept it, cut it up, gave out the meat to the local food banks and sold the hide to local leather smiths.

actually gun crime in america isnt too bad because the gangs here cant shoot worth s***!

recently 2 gangs fired away at each other at close range for 25 minutes I think and only ONE person got wounded, and it was a gang member. thank god those idiots cant shoot otherwise there would have been many more wounded or dead laugh.gif

Well that is different, you did it for compassionate reasons not because killing them gives you a thrill. when I walk around the countryside I find rabbits with Myxomatosis, and they are in a horrible state, there eyes are bolding out of there heads, and there brains are expanding in there skulls, and I see them head butting trees to try and kill them selves, because of the pain, I do not like showing my weaknesses, but I have had to kill them and I have sat there and cried like a baby, its a good job no one is around to see it, I can leave the babies because they normally recover. And what makes it worse is the disease is not a natural one or the result of nature sorting out its self, it was introduced by the British government in the 70s.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I think that would be justified... Is this the brain disease that effects deer and Elk?

I think that what it is. Though am not sure. I mean it is getting serious. The game warden has been coming to people's houses informing them of the diesease.

626688[/snapback]

626716[/snapback]

I was just stating my opinion and i am sorrry if I offended you. My father goes hunting every year and he goes for sport. This doesn't mean he kills it and leaves it fotr dead. This doesn't mean it rots and it carcuss is devoured by vulchers. My father gets the deer and then takes it to the slaughter house. We make meat out of it. I have survived many of years on deer meat. It in fact is less fatty then the bovine. So I have no problem eating this meat. And yes the laws are often overlooked but that is with everything isn't it.

626753[/snapback]

Hey 101 I am not offended in anyway, I am just showing alternatives to the actual kill.. you dad is using the meat and not leaving a rotting carcuss with a smile on his face.

Even if your opinion was different to mine you don't need to appologise.

Nice to meet you.

actually gun crime in america isnt too bad because the gangs here cant shoot worth s***!

recently 2 gangs fired away at each other at close range for 25 minutes I think and only ONE person got wounded, and it was a gang member. thank god those idiots cant shoot otherwise there would have been many more wounded or dead laugh.gif

626764[/snapback]

Exactly.. this is what I am saying... what if these fools start a shoot out in a crowded environment.. they walk away and the kids in the pushchairs are the victims.

I think that what it is. Though am not sure. I mean it is getting serious. The game warden has been coming to people's houses informing them of the diesease.

626768[/snapback]

That would be a justified killing and no different to giving an injection to protect against infections or disease to humans.

626764[/snapback]

Exactly.. this is what I am saying... what if these fools start a shoot out in a crowded environment.. they walk away and the kids in the pushchairs are the victims.

626782[/snapback]

oh no, the gang idiots couldnt even hit a crowd laugh.gif