Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-gun protests in London

Blackleaf

Well,I already knew your answer when I read his post and was going to reply at first but then thought I will let you do the work.

Advertising.....hmm.......Would be interesting to see....

639997[/snapback]

These are the latest ones:

S.A.S The Real Story

S.A.S Survival Secrets

S.A.S Are You Tough Enough

The History of the 9mm

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• onep0int

• Celumnaz

• TheOriginalF

oh yeah, forget about defense,self-defense is totaly dumb!

623608[/snapback]

Self defence by using a gun is dumb.. this is not the wild west, it is not a war zone, guns have a place in this todays world. There is no quick fix or solution to stopping gun crime, but the right to bear amrs etc etc etc... what a load of crap.

623630[/snapback]

here's something for you to make a mental image about ...you and your girlfriend/wife/mistress (whatever it be) just got out of a nice dinner lets say for example in my backyard of miami in south beach ...where we have a nice mix of decent people and scum ....on the way to the dark parking lot in which you parked your car a man/group of men (hell even women) ...approach you and your lady friend in a very suspicous manner and proceed to pull a gun (or another weapon with the same lethal effect) on you and rob you blind possibly even still leave you face down in a puddle of blood

now myself a concealed weapons permit holder ...I would find quite easy to get myself out of a similar or equal situation the second I would have seen activity that makes me uneasy about my own and my lady friend's personal safety

criminals will always have acesss to firearms outside of the legal process ....myself knowing this and as a law abiding citizen I appreciate my right to carry firearms to protect myself in such a situation ....I have protected myself in such a situation and I will continue to do so

"it's better to have and not need than need and not have"

also for some 1 so antigun ...thats a cute mp5 (looks like the front stock of it anyways) the character is holding in your av ...and looks like something out of counter strike ...so for being antigun you appear to enjoy realistic first person shooting games

I'll refrain from rightfully calling you names ....but honestly you have a warped understanding of how the world really works ...it's not all pretty pink and baby blue outside of your liberal mentality ...in your mind it might work like a movie but real life is very different

btw I've never seen this website before until searching this morning for information on getting the lic. to own automatic firearms ...I'm getting into Fugitive Recovery and Bail Enforcement ...in which my M4 would be highly useful with 3 round burst incase of a sticky situation

639723[/snapback]

On the contrary to your posting about me being anti guns... I use them at work, as for my av with the MP5, it is a painting that a friend of mine did as for me having a warped understanding of the real world.

I work in the real world, I deal with the canercous individuals in society, I protect people, diamond mines, oil rigs, I recover abducted children, I get kidnapped Victims back, I train counter Terrorist units across the world, I train hostage rescue units in more countries than you have probably visited, I have served Queen and country and killed god knows how many people with guns so don't preach to me about the real World or indeed my "liberal mentality"... unlike most people that post on these boards I can differentiate the differences between the Movies and the real World.

PS...Welcome to UM.

639940[/snapback]

then how in gods name can you be against the right to bear arms ...that is beyond my understanding ...I went on simply what I was given to work with from what you had been stating ...inform me ...I would love to understand where you're coming from on this ....I'm actually looking to get into the type of work you have mentioned above .... I'm in the process of getting my BEA lic ...and after more experience I want to look into executive security and pmc work if possible ...and I am all for the right of law abiding citizens to legally arm themselves and protect themselves with deadly force if the situation calls for it

Edited by onep0int

btw I'll tell you this much ..it's a nice painting ...looks damn near indentical to the sas character on counter strike lol ...still dont understand your logic though

If the 99.9% bug you,I can assure you there are very few things I believe in with 100% certainty.

then how in gods name can you be against the right to bear arms ...that is beyond my understanding ...I went on simply what I was given to work with from what you had been stating ...inform me ...I would love to understand where you're coming from on this ....I'm actually looking to get into the type of work you have mentioned above .... I'm in the process of getting my BEA lic ...and after more experience I want to look into executive security and pmc work if possible ...and I am all for the right of law abiding citizens to legally arm themselves and protect themselves with deadly force if the situation calls for it

Because he had to deal with armed maniacs who wouldn t have been such a problem if they didn t have easy acces to guns.I actually agree with him,although many seem to think I don t,but I do believe the maniac is the problem,not the gun it self.

S.A.S The Real Story

S.A.S Survival Secrets

The History of the 9mm

Survival secrets sounds familiar.One of the websites you mailed me I think.Will have a look at it.

One more thing.

Onepoint.Since you consider PMC work ,you should ask a few private contractors what they think about arming Iraq s public.

then how in gods name can you be against the right to bear arms ...

I've thought the exact same thing, even questioned it myself, as I didn't understand it... but I had never considered:

Because he had to deal with armed maniacs who wouldn t have been such a problem if they didn t have easy acces to guns.

And then it makes sense to me somewhat.

It's common among prison guards and law enforcement. They see one side of humanity daily, the worst side, and get a warped view where they see everyone through that lens, forgetting that the majority of people are nothing like that at all.

623608[/snapback]

Self defence by using a gun is dumb.. this is not the wild west, it is not a war zone, guns have a place in this todays world. There is no quick fix or solution to stopping gun crime, but the right to bear amrs etc etc etc... what a load of crap.

623630[/snapback]

here's something for you to make a mental image about ...you and your girlfriend/wife/mistress (whatever it be) just got out of a nice dinner lets say for example in my backyard of miami in south beach ...where we have a nice mix of decent people and scum ....on the way to the dark parking lot in which you parked your car a man/group of men (hell even women) ...approach you and your lady friend in a very suspicous manner and proceed to pull a gun (or another weapon with the same lethal effect) on you and rob you blind possibly even still leave you face down in a puddle of blood

now myself a concealed weapons permit holder ...I would find quite easy to get myself out of a similar or equal situation the second I would have seen activity that makes me uneasy about my own and my lady friend's personal safety

criminals will always have acesss to firearms outside of the legal process ....myself knowing this and as a law abiding citizen I appreciate my right to carry firearms to protect myself in such a situation ....I have protected myself in such a situation and I will continue to do so

also for some 1 so antigun ...thats a cute mp5 (looks like the front stock of it anyways) the character is holding in your av ...and looks like something out of counter strike ...so for being antigun you appear to enjoy realistic first person shooting games

I'll refrain from rightfully calling you names ....but honestly you have a warped understanding of how the world really works ...it's not all pretty pink and baby blue outside of your liberal mentality ...in your mind it might work like a movie but real life is very different

btw I've never seen this website before until searching this morning for information on getting the lic. to own automatic firearms ...I'm getting into Fugitive Recovery and Bail Enforcement ...in which my M4 would be highly useful with 3 round burst incase of a sticky situation

639723[/snapback]

On the contrary to your posting about me being anti guns... I use them at work, as for my av with the MP5, it is a painting that a friend of mine did as for me having a warped understanding of the real world.

I work in the real world, I deal with the canercous individuals in society, I protect people, diamond mines, oil rigs, I recover abducted children, I get kidnapped Victims back, I train counter Terrorist units across the world, I train hostage rescue units in more countries than you have probably visited, I have served Queen and country and killed god knows how many people with guns so don't preach to me about the real World or indeed my "liberal mentality"... unlike most people that post on these boards I can differentiate the differences between the Movies and the real World.

PS...Welcome to UM.

639940[/snapback]

640010[/snapback]

It is not a difficult concept to understand, As I stated I am not Anti guns, I rely on them to carry out my job. I am all for gun control that is what this topic is all about, it is easier for me to protect a client in country that has gun control than one that doesn't, I have less problems in Africa than I have had in the USA, I have witnessed shooting in Cape Town that would not have happened if the other guy had not reached for his hand gun, I hafvge seen situations that could have been diffused until a gun has been pulled.

I am against gun culture and any tom dick and harry having the right to bear arms, I comments from individuals who say... "It is my right to defend myself" Fluffy mentioned in a previous post that it seem the people that are actually for gun control on this board are the ones that have actually served with the Police or military... even if I lived in the US I would still feel the same and I would never have a firearm in the house, especially if there are children there.

Answering a gun with another gun is not a way forward and what I find ammusing is when I work in the US and have to be Armed.... I can't becasue of licencing issues and different State laws... and lets be realistic also, if you are approached by a man holding a gun in your face or woken up in your bedroom by an individual with a gun pointing at you... what are your chances of drawing your weapon before he puts a bullet between your eye's??

I don t think people like XSAS or the prison guards you mentioned have a warped view about the majority.They are part of that majority,remember.However I do think that this line of work can change people.But it is mostly soldiers that are affected, not really those active in the "civilised world" as how many call it.

Because he had to deal with armed maniacs who wouldn t have been such a problem if they didn t have easy acces to guns.I actually agree with him,although many seem to think I don t,but I do believe the maniac is the problem,not the gun it self.

S.A.S The Real Story

S.A.S Survival Secrets

The History of the 9mm

Survival secrets sounds familiar.One of the websites you mailed me I think.Will have a look at it.

640042[/snapback]

the only way that armed maniacs will not be able to get their hands on firearms .....is if there were to firearms at all period!! ...and that will never happen ...so a citizens best defense is the right to bear arms ...I'm looking forward to dealing with those same armed maniacs in the future ....and that will never take away my belief in that right ....a citizen should be able to defend him or herself from any would be attackers with deadly force if the situation calls for it ....even if I came to hate guns (which would never happen) from any future experience I may have ....I would never deny another persons right to protect themselves

what are your chances of drawing your weapon before he puts a bullet between your eye's??

better than calling 911, asking the criminal to wait for them to arrive, letting them in the house, and having them peacefully arrest him while you're having tea.

btw I'll tell you this much ..it's a nice painting ...looks damn near indentical to the sas character on counter strike lol ...still dont understand your logic though

640021[/snapback]

His paintings are fantastic with detail, I have a lot of them on my web site although he has stopped painting for a short time and taken his own web site down... Hey Snake.. no mate it does not bug me... I was having ago at you.

623608[/snapback]

623630[/snapback]

639723[/snapback]

PS...Welcome to UM.

639940[/snapback]

640010[/snapback]

Answering a gun with another gun is not a way forward and what I find ammusing is when I work in the US and have to be Armed.... I can't becasue of licencing issues and different State laws... and lets be realistic also, if you are approached by a man holding a gun in your face or woken up in your bedroom by an individual with a gun pointing at you... what are your chances of drawing your weapon before he puts a bullet between your eye's??

640081[/snapback]

so you prefer being shot that protecting your self?

there's various tactics in defending your self if a gun is pointed at you ....as of right now I myself know of 2 ...I'm sure you know more ....so you must admit if executed properly your chances are pretty damn good ...I'm also a firm beliver that a gun isn't the only way out ...it's the gun plus applying tactics ...which I also belive (though it may not happen) that every legally armed citizen should learn and practice the tactics that would get them out of such a situation

as for home defense ....myself for example I have an alarm unless the crook is a professional (and there's no reason for a professional to target your everyday citizen's home) ...I'll know if some 1 has entered my home and once again there is also tactics for home defense

One more thing.

Onepoint.Since you consider PMC work ,you should ask a few private contractors what they think about arming Iraq s public.

640056[/snapback]

iraq's public is not ready to be armed yet ...hell their military isn't even ready to operate on their own ...."pray and spray" is not a very effective tactic

640021[/snapback]

His paintings are fantastic with detail, I have a lot of them on my web site although he has stopped painting for a short time and taken his own web site down... Hey Snake.. no mate it does not bug me... I was having ago at you.

640088[/snapback]

I would love to see some more of his work ...what is your website

what are your chances of drawing your weapon before he puts a bullet between your eye's??

better than calling 911, asking the criminal to wait for them to arrive, letting them in the house, and having them peacefully arrest him while you're having tea.

640087[/snapback]

My point is your are knackered any way... you can not reach or draw your weapon fatser than it takes him to pull his trigger, being reactive rather than proactive is the wrong road.

Your right to bear arms just makes you feel safer and the agressor know in a country where he is probably likely to be against an armed individual because of there gun laws... the confrontation is more likely to end in a bloodbath as he his hyped up knowing the posibilities of a gun waitiing for him... the aggressors whole approach is different to one where the chances of him coming up against a gun in a country with gun control.

640021[/snapback]

640088[/snapback]

I would love to see some more of his work ...what is your website

640136[/snapback]

It is listed in my control panel.

His paintings are fantastic with detail, I have a lot of them on my web site although he has stopped painting for a short time and taken his own web site down...

wouldn't be Hugh Syme or Derek Riggs would it? that would rock

His paintings are fantastic with detail, I have a lot of them on my web site although he has stopped painting for a short time and taken his own web site down...

wouldn't be Hugh Syme or Derek Riggs would it? that would rock

640151[/snapback]

No.. take a look you will be impressed anyway we better get back on topic before Fluffs gets here.

640087[/snapback]

My point is your are knackered any way... you can not reach or draw your weapon fatser than it takes him to pull his trigger, being reactive rather than proactive is the wrong road.

Your right to bear arms just makes you feel safer and the agressor know in a country where he is probably likely to be against an armed individual because of there gun laws... the confrontation is more likely to end in a bloodbath as he his hyped up knowing the posibilities of a gun waitiing for him... the aggressors whole approach is different to one where the chances of him coming up against a gun in a country with gun control.

640139[/snapback]

it's common knowledge that most "agressors" don't even know how to shoot properly ...I myself can draw pretty damn quick ...and in the time it takes to pull a double action pistol (what most "agressors" will be found to use) I would be on the floor with my ctc laser and more than likely a .38 sepcial (my carry weapon) federal premium hollow tip in my agressor's head ....I'm also not saying the situation will not end in a blood bath ..and I'm not trying to sound like a bad ass but I belive those individuals deserve to have their lives end in a blood bath at a confrontation that I belive my life is in danger I will use deadly force ..and at least out here in florida we now have coming into act the "castle doctrine" law that completely supports those actions

iraq's public is not ready to be armed yet ...hell their military isn't even ready to operate on their own ...."pray and spray" is not a very effective tactic

The PMCs you are talking of are currently training Iraq s police force.Aegis Defense Systems if I remember correctly.

Oh, btw I think it is spray and pray,not the other way round.

If I woke up with a gun in my face, the last thing I would think about is my own gun in the room next to mine or under my bed.It is easier to deal with simple burglars without any kind of weapons,not only beacause of the mess afterwards.

Have to go now.I ll be back.In a few minutes.

I must say your friend's artwork is incredible

Oh, btw I think it is spray and pray,not the other way round.

640182[/snapback]

yeah actually I think your right lol

btw xsas... completely off topic ...due to your experience what would you reccomend aimpoint or eotech ..I'm having the hardest time deciding on what to throw on my M4

btw xsas... completely off topic ...due to your experience what would you reccomend aimpoint or eotech ..I'm having the hardest time deciding on what to throw on my M4

640209[/snapback]

drop me an email.