Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-gun protests in London

Blackleaf

I'm having the hardest time deciding on what to throw on my M4

m4 super 90?

m4a1?

i'm assuming the shotgun? hehe

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• onep0int

• Celumnaz

• TheOriginalF

I'm having the hardest time deciding on what to throw on my M4

m4 super 90?

m4a1?

i'm assuming the shotgun? hehe

640274[/snapback]

Bushmaster M4 A3 (AR15) thumbsup.gif

what are your chances of drawing your weapon before he puts a bullet between your eye's??

better than calling 911, asking the criminal to wait for them to arrive, letting them in the house, and having them peacefully arrest him while you're having tea.

640087[/snapback]

My point is your are knackered any way... you can not reach or draw your weapon fatser than it takes him to pull his trigger, being reactive rather than proactive is the wrong road.

Your right to bear arms just makes you feel safer and the agressor know in a country where he is probably likely to be against an armed individual because of there gun laws... the confrontation is more likely to end in a bloodbath as he his hyped up knowing the posibilities of a gun waitiing for him... the aggressors whole approach is different to one where the chances of him coming up against a gun in a country with gun control.

640139[/snapback]

it's common knowledge that most "agressors" don't even know how to shoot properly ...I myself can draw pretty damn quick ...and in the time it takes to pull a double action pistol (what most "agressors" will be found to use) I would be on the floor with my ctc laser and more than likely a .38 sepcial (my carry weapon) federal premium hollow tip in my agressor's head ....I'm also not saying the situation will not end in a blood bath ..and I'm not trying to sound like a bad ass but I belive those individuals deserve to have their lives end in a blood bath at a confrontation that I belive my life is in danger I will use deadly force ..and at least out here in florida we now have coming into act the "castle doctrine" law that completely supports those actions

640179[/snapback]

First of all,you don t want to have weapons lying around in your house,even if you don t have children.Unless you sleep with your .38 special how can you be sure that the agressor doesn t find it?And even if you can reach it in time,it still is way easier to get to the agressor or out of his sight.And you won t have your 38. around all the time.You should look for other ways of defending yourself.

Those individuals may deserve to have their lives end in a blood bath but,

1. You have to clean up the mess

2. You have to spend hours explaining the police why the agressor has a few dozen shot wounds in his back

3.You can have more fun with him when he is still alive.

Hey Snake.. no mate it does not bug me... I was having ago at you.

Oh, I m quite aware of that,but my sense of humour is completely underdeveloped so don t expect anything other than sarcasm from me.

Oh, and I m also quite aware that I had been away for hours and not for minutes so no need to remind of it.

Edited by Snake_6024

The lack of common sense from pro gun society here is totally baffeling my mind.

You have no idea what you are saying and defend these stupid 'rights' that are illogical.

Police do not want to deal with societies that have high death rates and carry gun's.

If no1 has a gun then less people will die. Its that simple

The lack of common sense from pro gun society here is totally baffeling my mind.

You have no idea what you are saying and defend these stupid 'rights' that are illogical.

Police do not want to deal with societies that have high death rates and carry gun's.

If no1 has a gun then less people will die.  Its that simple

641008[/snapback]

ohhhhhh so you're the real liberal out here thumbsup.gif

Unless you sleep with your .38 special how can you be sure that the agressor doesn t find it?

Those individuals may deserve to have their lives end in a blood bath but,

1. You have to clean up the mess

2. You have to spend hours explaining the police why the agressor has a few dozen shot wounds in his back

3.You can have more fun with him when he is still alive.

640625[/snapback]

my .38 is arms reach from me when it's not on my waist

and on 1 and 2 I dont mind at all what so ever I would actually enjoy explaining to the cops what exactly happened and why he has 1 shot inbetween his eyes cool.gif

as for 3 ..I'm not sadistic I'm not trying to have "fun" with him just put the scumbag out of his misery

Edited by onep0int

Why do you feel the need to have your gun with you at all times? Are you that worried about those around you? Sounds like a bit of paranoia to me....

Why do you feel the need to have your gun with you at all times? Are you that worried about those around you? Sounds like a bit of paranoia to me....

641096[/snapback]

there might be a little of paranoia ...more than anything I never really know when I'll get into a situation where I may need it ...once again it is better to have and not need ...than need and not have ..it's very simple

Well to each his own I guess, I certainly couldn't imagine walking around constantly feeling the need for protection. Whatever floats your boat.

Do you trust everyone around you with your life?

Ted Bundy was a really nice guy.

As a victim of violent crime, with and without guns, my scars mental and physical are the worst from non-gun related violence.

If there's even a chance a rape can not only be halted in its tracks, but the monster is dealt with...

a citizen should be able to defend him or herself from any would be attackers with deadly force if the situation calls for it

I did not vote for Bush. I do not own a gun, nor feel the need to own one.

It's a paranoid and controlling personality that would even think to take that away in my opinion.

Bushmaster M4 A3 (AR15)

grin2.gif man if i had something like that, i'd be compelled to yelll out "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND"

Bushmaster M4 A3 (AR15)

grin2.gif man if i had something like that, i'd be compelled to yelll out "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND"

641292[/snapback]

she's nice!! haha ... I'm dying to add a few extras to it

Well to each his own I guess, I certainly couldn't imagine walking around constantly feeling the need for protection. Whatever floats your boat.

641120[/snapback]

indeed ...and much luck to you hopefully that situation never occurs to you and I sincerely mean that

Do you trust everyone around you with your life?

Ted Bundy was a really nice guy.

As a victim of violent crime, with and without guns, my scars mental and physical are the worst from non-gun related violence.

If there's even a chance a rape can not only be halted in its tracks, but the monster is dealt with...

No, but I don't worry about it either, if something happens than it something happens. I simply refuse to go around wondering who or what might be lurking around the corner or who might try to hurt me. I just will not be held prisoner by my fellow man and an irrational fear of what they may do to me. But like I said before if that's how you want to run your life than be my guest. Whatever gets you through the day I guess.

No, but I don't worry about it either, if something happens than it something happens. I simply refuse to go around wondering who or what might be lurking around the corner or who might try to hurt me. I just will not be held prisoner by my fellow man and an irrational fear of what they may do to me. But like I said before if that's how you want to run your life than be my guest. Whatever gets you through the day I guess.

641300[/snapback]

who has to be held prisoner to anything? ...a gun is a tool ...let me give another example ....lets say you're at a park with your daughter ...niece ....sister whatever it may be.... a young child ...an elderly person ..yourself ..anyone in general for the sake of looking out for your fellow man thumbsup.gif ....and a loose/stray people aggressive dog shows up and starts attacking people perhaps those mentioned above or to prevent from attacking those above ....being armed you can easily take the animal out with a shot or 2 ....otherwise what would you do? ...throw rocks at it maybe? chase it with stick? run?....there is no paranoia, fears ect... behind it ....lets say I'm hunting and an aggressive bear shows ...I always keep my side arm with me which will work very well in that situation ...there's alot more to protection than worrying about your fellow man ....I'm intrested in my future and working towards some good goals ... and that if something happens it happens mentality doesn't work too good for me I want to do alot of stuff with my life to let it stop for not being prepared

Edited by onep0int

who has to be held prisoner to anything? ...a gun is a tool ...let me give another example ....lets say you're at a park with your daughter ...niece ....sister whatever it may be.... a young child ...an elderly person ..yourself ..anyone in general for the sake of looking out for your fellow man ....and a loose/stray people aggressive dog shows up and starts attacking people perhaps those mentioned above or to prevent from attacking those above ....being armed you can easily take the animal out with a shot or 2 ....otherwise what would you do? ...throw rocks at it maybe? chase it with stick? run?....there is no paranoia, fears ect... behind it ....lets say I'm hunting and an aggressive bear shows ...I always keep my side arm with me which will work very well in that situation ...there's alot more to protection than worrying about your fellow man ....I'm intrested in my future and working towards some good goals ... and that if something happens it happens mentality doesn't work too good for me I want to do alot of stuff with my life to let it stop for not being prepared

There are many ways to deal with that dog.Or even bear if you wish to.A gun is only one of those.And I m not talking about avoiding it,which is not always possible.

But you are right,I don t think it is paranoia like many here seem to think.

I like guns ,but I don t have one ,and don t need one.If I would ever come in a situation where I would need one,then I guess I deserve it to die for being so deliberately stupid.I simply couldn t rely on a gun.It s a tool.Tools can fail you.

who has to be held prisoner to anything? ...a gun is a tool ...let me give another example ....lets say you're at a park with your daughter ...niece ....sister whatever it may be.... a young child ...an elderly person ..yourself ..anyone in general for the sake of looking out for your fellow man  ....and a loose/stray people aggressive dog shows up and starts attacking people perhaps those mentioned above or to prevent from attacking those above ....being armed you can easily take the animal out with a shot or 2 ....otherwise what would you do? ...throw rocks at it maybe? chase it with stick? run?....there is no paranoia, fears ect... behind it ....lets say I'm hunting and an aggressive bear shows ...I always keep my side arm with me which will work very well in that situation ...there's alot more to protection than worrying about your fellow man ....I'm intrested in my future and working towards some good goals ... and that if something happens it happens mentality doesn't work too good for me I want to do alot of stuff with my life to let it stop for not being prepared

There are many ways to deal with that dog.Or even bear if you wish to.A gun is only one of those.And I m not talking about avoiding it,which is not always possible.

But you are right,I don t think it is paranoia like many here seem to think.

I like guns ,but I don t have one ,and don t need one.If I would ever come in a situation where I would need one,then I guess I deserve it to die for being so deliberately stupid.I simply couldn t rely on a gun.It s a tool.Tools can fail you.

641678[/snapback]

tools can most definetly fail ...a plane can fall out of the sky ..people still travel on them ...I'm not really sure of any other way to handle the dog ...or bear other than running as fast as possible which is what I would do if I didn't carry my handgun ....where I go hunting turkey in northern florida it's infested with bears and there's not many big trees to climb out there ...just alot of marsh pineflats and palmettos ...it's not so much relying only on a gun ..but relying on yourself too and your skill with that gun

another thing I'd like to mention again my carry gun is a .38 special ...it's a revolver ..and I had the intregal lock removed ...so there's really slim to none chance of it failing

Edited by onep0int

It doesn't matter what you say onepoint, they will allways come at you with "what if" and "you don't need" and whatever imposing their desire, their will, on and on and on till they wear you down... "for the children" telling you how you should live, and why you're evil or stupid for believing what you do.

it's a fear of guns, a desire to control, or a twisted outlook on humanity that drives probably 99% of them...

what if it was proven that defensive uses for fire arms saved 1,000,000 more lives than it cost? They'd still be "dangerous", people would still fear them to the point of wanting to eliminate them... if they were people they'd be able to sue for racism. People would still want to control the population into a neat little box.

tools can most definetly fail ...a plane can fall out of the sky ..people still travel on them ...I'm not really sure of any other way to handle the dog ...or bear other than running as fast as possible which is what I would do if I didn't carry my handgun ....where I go hunting turkey in northern florida it's infested with bears and there's not many big trees to climb out there ...just alot of marsh pineflats and palmettos ...it's not so much relying only on a gun ..but relying on yourself too and your skill with that gun

The dog isn t really much of a problem.Kick him a few times.That should do the job.As long as you don t expose your throat to him you should be fine.The bear is a little bit tougher.The first thing you should do of course is to look for cover.If there is none then don t run away as the bear is most propably faster than you are.Focus on him,make threatening noises and try to dodge his claws.Try to make him vulerable.Aim for his eyes,his nose,etc.

I don t encourage you to not take a gun with you while hunting, of course.But I wouldn t rely on it.It is not the only way to survive an encounter with a bear.However ,I m sure you have more knowledge of bears than I do as I never had an encounter with one.The tactic described above is common sense.Call it instinct if you wish ,but that is what I would do.I think XSAS has some knowledge of survival so you could ask him.

Edited by Snake_6024

The dog isn t really much of a problem.Kick him a few times.That should do the job.As long as you don t expose your throat to him you should be fine.The bear is a little bit tougher.The first thing you should do of course is to look for cover.If there is none then don t run away as the bear is most propably faster than you are.Focus on him,make threatening noises and try to dodge his claws.Try to make him vulerable.Aim for his eyes,his nose,etc.

I don t encourage you to not take a gun with you while hunting, of course.But I wouldn t rely on it.It is not the only way to survive an encounter with a bear.However ,I m sure you have more knowledge of bears than I do as I never had an encounter with one.The tactic described above is common sense.Call it instinct if you wish ,but that is what I would do.I think XSAS has some knowledge of survival so you could ask him.

641720[/snapback]

for the sake of arguement lets say the dog is a pitbull now I love pitbulls and by no means am I saying that all pitbulls are people aggressive actually a show pit is so docile it's stupid and game pits make the perfect dog ...but people aggressive pits do exist as any other breed of dog ....a few kicks are not going to help you man at all what so ever ...and there's plenty of other breeds almost as capable as the pit ...who of course is on top of the dog food chain thumbsup.gif (you got to love them)

I wouldn't really try noises with the bear ...if I wasn't armed which no matter what anytime I go hunting I have a side arm in addition to my hunting rifle not only animals ...but you never know what you might encounter out there but I would just run ..and more than likely I'd get caught ..usually a few shots scares the bear away without a problem you don't even have to kill it or wound it for a big aminal the bear is pretty quick and I'm no super human to be dodging claws more than likely I'll get my chest ripped open lol

It doesn't matter what you say onepoint, they will allways come at you with "what if" and "you don't need" and whatever imposing their desire, their will, on and on and on till they wear you down... "for the children" telling you how you should live, and why you're evil or stupid for believing what you do.

it's a fear of guns, a desire to control, or a twisted outlook on humanity that drives probably 99% of them...

what if it was proven that defensive uses for fire arms saved 1,000,000 more lives than it cost?  They'd still be "dangerous", people would still fear them to the point of wanting to eliminate them... if they were people they'd be able to sue for racism.  People would still want to control the population into a neat little box.

641719[/snapback]

it doesn't wear me down at all ...I actually like it lol ... my favorite one is usually "for the children" ....I was brought up around guns at a very young age ...and I have always been responsible around them even when I was a young dumb punk ...and so will my children because they too will be brought up around them ...I belive it's a fun exciting sport ..I love shooting in general and I love hunting ..and god knows I want to get into some sort of tactical work haha ....but you're right ...they'll never stop with all that nonsense ...ever since vietnam the liberal mentality/lifestyle whatever has been on the rise and it's sickening ....I only hope people would open their eyes instead of crying and complaining

for the sake of arguement lets say the dog is a pitbull now I love pitbulls and by no means am I saying that all pitbulls are people aggressive actually a show pit is so docile it's stupid and game pits make the perfect dog ...but people aggressive pits do exist as any other breed of dog ....a few kicks are not going to help you man at all what so ever ...and there's plenty of other breeds almost as capable as the pit ...who of course is on top of the dog food chain thumbsup.gif (you got to love them)

I wouldn't really try noises with the bear ...if I wasn't armed which no matter what anytime I go hunting I have a side arm in addition to my hunting rifle not only animals ...but you never know what you might encounter out there but I would just run ..and more than likely I'd get caught ..usually a few shots scares the bear away without a problem you don't even have to kill it or wound it for a big aminal the bear is pretty quick and I'm no super human to be dodging claws more than likely I'll get my chest ripped open lol

I still think a dog is no match to a human.The only vulnerable place is your throat(Nearly all animals would go after the throat),so as long as you don t let him knock you over you won t be seriously harmed.Get a good hold him and break his neck.(If a few kicks don t scare him away.If they don t the dog seriously has a problem).

As for the bear.I didn t mean make noises like a warcry or something.They should be threatening.Combined with your stance and your movements ,it could scare the bear away(again,only if he is a normal bear).Watch especially the way you move.Not like a human.It may sound strange,but you should move like an animal.And dodging claws: I didn t mean dodging like in martial arts(You didn t seriously consider to block his attacks did you?).It has more to do with timing.Wait for the right moment,jump out of the way,get up as fast possible and try to get behind him before he has time turn around.

what if it was proven that defensive uses for fire arms saved 1,000,000 more lives than it cost?  They'd still be "dangerous", people would still fear them to the point of wanting to eliminate them... if they were people they'd be able to sue for racism.  People would still want to control the population into a neat little box.

641719[/snapback]

So you call me a child.....Impressive.I will ignore your words.For now.

I really thought I made myself clear on the gun issue.

for the sake of arguement lets say the dog is a pitbull now I love pitbulls and by no means am I saying that all pitbulls are people aggressive actually a show pit is so docile it's stupid and game pits make the perfect dog ...but people aggressive pits do exist as any other breed of dog ....a few kicks are not going to help you man at all what so ever ...and there's plenty of other breeds almost as capable as the pit ...who of course is on top of the dog food chain  thumbsup.gif  (you got to love them)

I still think a dog is no match to a human.The only vulnerable place is your throat(Nearly all animals would go after the throat),so as long as you don t let him knock you over you won t be seriously harmed.Get a good hold him and break his neck.(If a few kicks don t scare him away.If they don t the dog seriously has a problem).

As for the bear.I didn t mean make noises like a warcry or something.They should be threatening.Combined with your stance and your movements ,it could scare the bear away(again,only if he is a normal bear).Watch especially the way you move.Not like a human.It may sound strange,but you should move like an animal.And dodging claws: I didn t mean dodging like in martial arts(You didn t seriously consider to block his attacks did you?).It has more to do with timing.Wait for the right moment,jump out of the way,get up as fast possible and try to get behind him before he has time turn around.

641760[/snapback]

you've never delt with too many pits huh? ...my friend's main pit (he breeds pits this is his pet though) easily knocks me down ...while just playing ...to lick my face lol ...an angry pit is not something to take lightly ....they grab huge wild hogs and literally bring them down with little effort ..and there's a few other breeds out there that not quite as tough as the pit ...they're tough enough to take a human on ..with the pit however we're not much of a match for it

the bear I'm sorry I'm not doing any sort of stances or anything you run into a nursing mother and gun shots might not even work ....I'll time how fast I ran before it caught me lol

641719[/snapback]

So you call me a child.....Impressive.I will ignore your words.For now.

I really thought I made myself clear on the gun issue.

641767[/snapback]

I think he was refering to people that say guns and kids don't mix ..at least thats what I understood