Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-gun protests in London

Blackleaf

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• onep0int

• Celumnaz

• TheOriginalF

you've never delt with too many pits huh? ...my friend's main pit (he breeds pits this is his pet though) easily knocks me down ...while just playing ...to lick my face lol ...an angry pit is not something to take lightly ....they grab huge wild hogs and literally bring them down with little effort ..and there's a few other breeds out there that not quite as tough as the pit ...they're tough enough to take a human on ..with the pit however we're not much of a match for it

the bear I'm sorry I'm not doing any sort of stances or anything you run into a nursing mother and gun shots might not even work ....I'll time how fast I ran before it caught me lol

If the pit knocks you over a gun won t help you as well.I still don t see how a pit can knock you over if you re carefull.Well,I ll try it.If I can find a pit bull here.

Nursing mother?Anything smaller than a bazooka won t help you there.

I did?

It doesn't matter what you say onepoint, they will allways come at you with "what if" and "you don't need" and whatever imposing their desire, their will, on and on and on till they wear you down... "for the children" telling you how you should live, and why you're evil or stupid for believing what you do.

it's a fear of guns, a desire to control, or a twisted outlook on humanity that drives probably 99% of them...

what if it was proven that defensive uses for fire arms saved 1,000,000 more lives than it cost? They'd still be "dangerous", people would still fear them to the point of wanting to eliminate them... if they were people they'd be able to sue for racism. People would still want to control the population into a neat little box.

I was the only talking to him,so yes you did.Maybe not on purpose.

If the pit knocks you over a gun won t help you as well.I still don t see how a pit can knock you over if you re carefull.Well,I ll try it.If I can find a pit bull here.

Nursing mother?Anything smaller than a bazooka won t help you there.

641787[/snapback]

the pit charges like any other animal I don't know once again I'm pretty quick to draw and a pretty good shot ...but once again if the pitbull is an animal you've never delt with then I understand how you may not know it's capabilities ...but trust me in saying it's a very capable animal ...I don't know if you've ever been hog hunting ...but a wild boar is a damn strong animal there's times it takes a few rounds and it's still charging at you... and the pitbull easily brings it down

a .38 to the bears head nursing or not will bring it down ...especially the rounds I use and once again I'm a pretty good shot

Edited by onep0int

I was the only talking to him,so yes you did.Maybe not on purpose.

Where? It wasn't on purpose, but I still don't see it...

OK let me get this right... You are trying to justify carrying a gun now in case you come across some stray dog in a park.. I can't believe waht I am reading.

A rabid dog. Running. Towards children playing on a playground. No time to call anyone and save a life, no time to rescue the children, all you have is your sidearm and 20 seconds to decide. 10 feet distance separate you and the children. Other adults are too far away, you're the only one that can save them. rolleyes.gifsleepy.gif

Edited by Celumnaz

Yes because I want to fire a handgun on a crowded playground full of children, that seems real safe.

Really how often is something like this really going to happen anyway?

I think we could run scenarios all day and night... but if you have to start justifying carrying a gun because of the fear of rabid dogs then your scraping the bottom of the barrel... what next escaped lions from the Zoo.

Yes because I want to fire a handgun on a crowded playground full of children, that seems real safe.

642006[/snapback]

You would fire on the children!? wacko.gifblink.gif No wonder you've a problem with guns. no.gif

We have plenty of links here on UM of dog attacks, and big cat attacks... <shrugs> it happens even if you don't believe it. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, without a Gun you get to watch the horror of children being mauled to death, or being mauled to death yourself, or hearing their tortured cries as you dial 911 and try to explain calmly that no, you're not a rabid dog yourself. We must save the children! Please, please think of the children. wub.gif

I think we could run scenarios all day and night... but if you have to start justifying carrying a gun because of the fear of rabid dogs then your scraping the bottom of the barrel... what next escaped lions from the Zoo.

642014[/snapback]

oh whew, finally see it too

It doesn't matter what you say onepoint, they will allways come at you with "what if" and "you don't need" and whatever imposing their desire, their will, on and on and on till they wear you down... "for the children" telling you how you should live, and why you're evil or stupid for believing what you do.

What if I were in the park and the Russians landed from the skies... I would need my gun then.. what if.. what if.. come on people lets get back to the original topic.

What if I were in the park and the Russians landed from the skies... I would need my gun then.. what if.. what if.. come on people lets get back to the original topic.

642051[/snapback]

I got an M4 for that? thumbsup.gif

OK let me get this right... You are trying to justify carrying a gun now in case you come across some stray dog in a park.. I can't believe waht I am reading.

641966[/snapback]

you might want to read alil bit more ...I'm saying that "fear of your fellow man" as some 1 had previously stated is not an issue for 1 and your fellow man is not the only reason a gun can be helpful

The other day one of my aunts and one of my uncles were in Hackney getting my nan's car MOTd. Whilst they were there two rival black gangs appeared and one guy got out a gun and started shooting across the street...

I am not too sure where this topic is at now, but I am pretty sure this shows the dangers of guns and how the situation has got out of hand.

642006[/snapback]

I've been attacked by a dog when I was younger .....I've stopped 2 attacks myself ....and I have plenty of friends that have been attacked ....I live in miami ...there's alot of strays out here ...I don't know about where you live ...but where I live it's most definetly a common situation ...not to mention a recent problem with rabies

641966[/snapback]

you might want to read alil bit more ...I'm saying that "fear of your fellow man" as some 1 had previously stated is not an issue for 1 and your fellow man is not the only reason a gun can be helpful

642063[/snapback]

I read that but the conversation is getting silly with scenarios that are ridiculous and strays from the original topic, never mind Dogs you don't need guns to take down a dog... This is a serious topic and should remain on that track or your argument against wanting to bare arms his already lost because of your reasons.

Do you agree?

642014[/snapback]

haha well we do have safaria land out here ..never know innocent.gif

we could run scenarios ..and those scenarios are all very possible

I carry a gun for my protection and any 1 else I may be able to protect thats my justification

642006[/snapback]

You would fire on the children!? wacko.gifblink.gif No wonder you've a problem with guns. no.gif

We have plenty of links here on UM of dog attacks, and big cat attacks... <shrugs> it happens even if you don't believe it. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, without a Gun you get to watch the horror of children being mauled to death, or being mauled to death yourself, or hearing their tortured cries as you dial 911 and try to explain calmly that no, you're not a rabid dog yourself. We must save the children! Please, please think of the children. wub.gif

642031[/snapback]

I never said I would fire on children...stop grasping at straws. It doesn't seem like a very good idea to go around firing a handgun on playground, even if you're a good shot there is still a chance that you might miss and clip a couple of kids in the head with a bullet. Kids are everywhere on a playground not just standing in one spot behind the shooter. I would rather have a child taken to the hospital for a few broken bones and cuts than have one carried away in body bag after he was hit by a stray bullet.

Bullets don't need to stray to kill, they pass through a body or ricochet off a bone then exit the body on an angle not anticipated.

641966[/snapback]

642063[/snapback]

I read that but the conversation is getting silly with scenarios that are ridiculous and strays from the original topic, never mind Dogs you don't need guns to take down a dog... This is a serious topic and should remain on that track or your argument against wanting to bare arms his already lost because of your reasons.

Do you agree?

642071[/snapback]

on topic? fine ... gun control is pointless and fixes nothing

try to take a pitbull down with out a gun ....they're not too famous out in britian huh?

Bullets don't need to stray to kill, they pass through a body or ricochet off a bone then exit the body on an angle not anticipated.

642097[/snapback]

hollow tips are very well known for staying in the body

This is a serious topic and should remain on that track or your argument against wanting to bare arms his already lost because of your reasons.

Do you agree?

642071[/snapback]

No! There are numerous reasons in this post, if some want to argue against it with crazy scenarios, well... I'm just tryin to keep up with the lunacy.

I never said I would fire on children...stop grasping at straws. It doesn't seem like a very good idea to go around firing a handgun on playground, even if you're a good shot there is still a chance that you might miss and clip a couple of kids in the head with a bullet. Kids are everywhere on a playground not just standing in one spot behind the shooter. I would rather have a child taken to the hospital for a few broken bones and cuts than have one carried away in body bag after he was hit by a stray bullet.

642078[/snapback]

Ok, so you would stand there and let it maul them to death. At least we know what you would do. A rabid dog won't stop at a broken bone or cut.

go around firing a handgun on a playground? how reckless! No wonder you've a problem with guns.

1 kid injured from a ricochet off the dog's skull, 12 kids alive and well.

Or.

12 kids and an adult mauled to a lifeless bloody pulp.

Shall we get back to the statistics side of things, and how violent crime and it's effects are worse than any gun-related murder rate could be?

642006[/snapback]

642031[/snapback]

642078[/snapback]

yes lets start firing at random in the playground ...it sounds like your grabbing at straws more than anybody ...I can't speak for anyone else ...but again I'm a pretty damn good shot ...there wont be more than 2 rounds fired and it will go into the animal ..expand and stay in it's body ...garunteed

This is a serious topic and should remain on that track or your argument against wanting to bare arms his already lost because of your reasons.

Do you agree?

642071[/snapback]

No! There are numerous reasons in this post, if some want to argue against it with crazy scenarios, well... I'm just tryin to keep up with the lunacy.

642078[/snapback]

Ok, so you would stand there and let it maul them to death. At least we know what you would do. A rabid dog won't stop at a broken bone or cut.

go around firing a handgun on a playground? how reckless! No wonder you've a problem with guns.

1 kid injured from a ricochet off the dog's skull, 12 kids alive and well.

Or.

12 kids and an adult mauled to a lifeless bloody pulp.

Shall we get back to the statistics side of things, and how violent crime and it's effects are worse than any gun-related murder rate could be?

642124[/snapback]

it's alot easier to stand there or run away and go home to say wow you wont belive what happened today ...a stray dog grabbed 4 kids before the cops showed up to put a bullet in it lol ..(which is what I would have done from the start) than to actually do something ....it's that if something happens it happens mentality ...and it's disgusting

Edited by onep0int