Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which church is right for you.

To all the church goers.

Whatever Belief it doesn't matter.....What made you choose your church?

I picked mine because I was raised Penecostal. I have always known this. But I have attended baptist, Church of God, and others.

But I like mine the best. Preferably because I noticed I wasn't allowed to clap my hands in Baptist chiyrch. And church of God was similiar to Penecostal. But I just liked my churches views better.

I haven't been to church in years.  hmm.gif

624179[/snapback]

Oh I am sorry but I feel as if a person can continue living for God and not go to church it is okay. Personally church helps me. Because if I need a person to pray with or talk to they are there. Hey maybe you can watch church via TV. grin2.gif

I haven't been to church in years.  hmm.gif

624179[/snapback]

Oh I am sorry but I feel as if a person can continue living for God and not go to church it is okay. Personally church helps me. Because if I need a person to pray with or talk to they are there. Hey maybe you can watch church via TV. grin2.gif

624200[/snapback]

You are right, but church does help. However, there are certain things I feel in certain churches.

Some churches I have been to , I can feel a "fakeness" like the people who organize the church are only after money, and not really who they say they are.

However, in some churches I can feel 100% certainty that the people of the church aren't worried about money, but about preaching the word of God.

I watch church on TV sometimes. But out of all the TV evangelists, I like John Hagee the best. I feel that he is a true man of God.

Roman Catholic.

Baptised into this faith; my entire family are devout catholics.

In the past I've attended other churches (as a guest), but I will also remain a Catholic - It works for me. innocent.gif

• Like 2

Amalgumat, My church in fact is not about all the money. The money we do get in tithes and offerings we spend accordally. We have about 5-10,000 dollars in savings in case something happens. But most of our money goes to Outreach and missions. We think it is what should be used of the money God has blessed us with to spread his message.

I like John Hagee myself. But I like Perry Stone he is the man.

Amalgumat, My church in fact is not about all the money. The money we do get in tithes and offerings we spend accordally. We have about 5-10,000 dollars in savings in case something happens. But most of our money goes to Outreach and missions. We think it is what should be used of the money God has blessed us with to spread his message.

I like John Hagee myself. But I like Perry Stone he is the man.

624229[/snapback]

Thats good. Thats how a church should be. thumbsup.gif

Raised in a Catholic and Prodestant household by a crystal hugging semi buddhist who seemed to follow a lot of pagan principles looking back on it.

I have no idea how I came to the conclusions I did.

I have been to church with the Catholics with the Anglicans with the Christians and even with the Mormons they where all pretty much the same, quite pleasant, but I prefer being outdoors.

• Like 1

But I like mine the best. Preferably because I noticed I wasn't allowed to clap my hands in Baptist chiyrch. And church of God was similiar to Penecostal. But I just liked my churches views better.

just curious, do you know what kind of baptist church was it? there are several varieties.

i go to a southern baptist church (you can clap your hands if you want, but i am usually in the eariler services and no one is just that enthusiastic that early), my family has been going to it for a very long time.

Both of my parents are strict baptists, and when I was young I attended with them. As the years went by, due to certain events.. I began to drift away from church as a whole. I don't feel comfortable in church and in a big way, I feel it being vice versa. Perhaps it is largely due to the fact that I don't really believe in an organized religion, but more so just through what the Bible has to say. Plus, I have a strong feeling that I'm not one who can be forgiven so easily.. I cannot forgive myself, so it's a damaged feeling and I'm just not appropriate material for church. Most people from here on would say that He forgives anyone, but one has to forgive themselves right?

Now that may not make much sense, but it's what I chose. I applaud those who have made a decision and stay with their church. You certainly have my sincere respect.

Something Like Laughter, It wasn't a southern baptist. But I remember I was about 10 and this girl sang a beautiful song and me and my brother clapped for her and everybody stared at us. I was so embarressed. It was okay the pastor told us that everything was alright and that he thought she did a good job also. I just guess I got so embarressed I have been afraid to step foot into another Baptist Church.

Both of my parents are strict baptists, and when I was young I attended with them. As the years went by, due to certain events.. I began to drift away from church as a whole. I don't feel comfortable in church and in a big way, I feel it being vice versa. Perhaps it is largely due to the fact that I don't really believe in an organized religion, but more so just through what the Bible has to say. Plus, I have a strong feeling that I'm not one who can be forgiven so easily.. I cannot forgive myself, so it's a damaged feeling and I'm just not appropriate material for church. Most people from here on would say that He forgives anyone, but one has to forgive themselves right?

Now that may not make much sense, but it's what I chose. I applaud those who have made a decision and stay with their church. You certainly have my sincere respect.

625298[/snapback]

I know what you mean. It is the hardest thing to forgive yourself. I even have trouble with that. And once my Aunt and Uncle went to a Methodist Church right and was going to meet the Senator. Well they weren't allowed because she had a nose ring and his hair was long. I felt so bad... no.gif But just because the people of a church may feel you aren't appropiate doesn't mean all churches are that way. We have many different kinds of people at my church...people with tattoos, piercings,long hair, young, old, and all races. We even have homeless people picked up so they can attend. It is just a place you will have to be in search for. Good Luck. original.gif

Raised in a Catholic and Prodestant household by a crystal hugging semi buddhist who seemed to follow a lot of pagan principles looking back on it.

I have no idea how I came to the conclusions I did.

I have been to church with the Catholics with the Anglicans with the Christians and even with the Mormons they where all pretty much the same, quite pleasant, but I prefer being outdoors.

625078[/snapback]

Very interesting, I have a lot of friends who prefer the world or outdoors as their church. Hey whatever works. I think it is great if you can mediditate/pray while being in a relaxed state of mind. I do most of my praying while I am on my front porch at night. grin2.gif

Roman Catholic.

Baptised into this faith; my entire family are devout catholics.

In the past I've attended other churches (as a guest), but I will also remain a Catholic - It works for me.  innocent.gif

624227[/snapback]

This is great. thumbsup.gif

Attended catholic high school, baptized catholic, nobody in family has any religious belief. A lot of my choice rest in the belief that Peter was chosen as the rock of the church. Although there are many churches that stem from the first one and that the catholic church has done many wrongs in its history, I might just as well stick to it as all churches are prompt to human error in many ways anyway, so might as well chose the one with the direct root to the apostles. Also I am a reflective person, so attending mass mean more to me than the more bonding oriented manners of other churches, at least as I perceived.

• Like 1

Roman Catholic (that was fairly easy to guess- just look at my sig)

I was baptised in that church, and always remained in that church. It has made big mistakes in the past, I know it, but the main reason I believe in it is because of John Paul II. When I saw him in St. Peter's Square, nearly two years ago (September 10th, 2003), watching him suffering yet willing to go on till the end, made me think about everything. In fact, those minutes have had a bigger impact in my life than most of the threads here (Xianity is evil, Buy-bull full of contradictions, Science=good; religion=evil, u know the deal). I mean it.

Although I'm not officially a member, I truly agree with Schoensttat's ideals. It's an awesome group. grin2.gif

Well, I'm a bit short of time. Take care y'all!! thumbsup.gif

I'm a christian scientist (i know its an oxymoron) i chose this path myself, my mother is also a christian scientist. I find the views and thoughts to be very inspiring and thoughful.

I'm a christian scientist (i know its an oxymoron) i chose this path myself, my mother is also a christian scientist. I find the views and thoughts to be very inspiring and thoughful.

629647[/snapback]

So is there a church that you can go to. To learn and study more of this.

Yes, Christian science is just a branch of mainstream christianity. Our founder was a woman named Mary Baker Eddy. She founded the Mother Church in Boston, and now there are churches all over the world, however it is a relatively small faith. Mary Baker Eddy wrote her book Science and Health with key to the scriptures around 1860, she also wrote several other books on her thoughts. We don't have preachers talking from a pulpit every sunday, we have what are called first readers and second readers, and they read passages from the bible and science and health for our interpretation and study. we are more encouraged to take the Bibles meanings and interperate them for us. We take the Bible and the science and health as our sufficient guide to eternal life.

http://www.spirituality.com/ is our website if you want to learn more.

I hope that answers a few of your questions.

Yes, Christian science is just a branch of mainstream christianity. Our founder was a woman named Mary Baker Eddy. She founded the Mother Church in Boston, and now there are churches all over the world, however it is a relatively small faith. Mary Baker Eddy wrote her book Science and Health with key to the scriptures around 1860, she also wrote several other books on her thoughts. We don't have preachers talking from a pulpit every sunday, we have what are called first readers and second readers, and they read passages from the bible and science and health for our interpretation and study. we are more encouraged to take the Bibles meanings and interperate them for us. We take the Bible and the science and health as our sufficient guide to eternal life.

http://www.spirituality.com/ is our website if you want to learn more.

I hope that answers a few of your questions.

630034[/snapback]

welcome to UM.

I was born Presbyterian, but from some of their recent problems,my family just got fed up. so I have chosen to be Non-denominational Open-minded Christian.

the church that i chose is a spiritualist one that i find very peacful and i am able to relax when i am there.

i was raised c of e but found that when i started asking questions alli got was a load of cr*p that just gave me more questions. but i have found that through the spiritualsit church i have found people who if they dont know the answers that i want they will help me find them. plus it agrees most wiht my idea of what happens after we die. i dont like the whole heaven hellthing cause lets be honest very few people will be able to get into heaven. most vicars wont be going. what wiht all the rules they have to keep to be break.

most vicars wont be going. what wiht all the rules they have to keep to be break.

635610[/snapback]

There are i think 637 rules in the old testament. If we go to hell for breaking the bibles rules... then everyone will be going.

Sin is more than the 10 commandments it is so much more. Earom you are right there are so many rules in the Bible that it is sometimes "wow" so it is difficult. But i think we all know when we are sinning in our hearts. We just got to confess it when it happens. grin2.gif

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, `Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, `Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, `You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny. You have heard that it was said, `Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Matthew 5:21-28)

• 7 years later...

If going to church , makes you a christian ,

does going to your garage, make you a car? " Okay bumper sticker knowledge" just kidding!

my church is my ' closet' my room hummmm; does that sound vagley familuar.?....... ah .ha!

SOME religous people / that go to church (s) really ....they need to dismount their high handedness...

my own personal experience............& we all can't possibley grow spiritualy at the same level . It's differet with everyone.

and sub-gods; i have found ,unrelyable / so , I figure .... that I would go to the c.e.o. ITS FASTER.

I was just sayin' ........

Edited by rrainny