Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster of Weatherford, Texas

_Nyx_

*A friend of my mom sent me this....just thought I'd get some opinions before I get back to her. rolleyes.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weatherford, Texas is a peaceful community known for its rich texture of folklore and a long history of slightly differing accounts of a mysterious creature which haunts Lake Weatherford.

Most eye witnesses tend to disagree over what type of creature they've seen. A few of the reported accounts say the beast is the legendary BIGFOOT a hairy missing link ape-man mainly seen in the North Western United States.

However several accounts of the Lake Weatherford beast would cast doubts on it being a BIGFOOT. For one thing the Lake Weatherford monster is mainly said to walk on all fours. A few people have even said that this creature is mainly hairless, and resembles a giant armadillo.

But the most popular accounts report the beast as being a huge BULL with red glowing eyes and in at least two known cases, flames emitting from his nostrils.

Unlike some similar legendary creatures such as the LOCH NESS MONSTER and the YETI there are no huge scientific research projects trying to prove or disprove the existence of the Lake Weatherford Monster. As of now it remains a local legend, a monster that brings more laughs than fear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sightings of the Weatherford Monster originated with the Indians who roamed the area which now makes up the community of Parker County. Their legend told of a fire breathing bull that terrorized villages and killed several warriors until one young brave managed to stop the beast by piercing his heart with an arrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the early summer of 1953 Texas was facing a terrible drought. The mayor of Weatherford, Jim Wright ( a man who would later become Speaker of the House in the United States Congress ) helped to negotiate the purchase of a small lake which was owned by the Texas and Pacific Railroad. This lake was located in the northwest quadrant of Weatherford. The plan was to expand this small lake and turn it into a permanent water supply for the community.

After the area was cleared of underbrush, reported sightings of the monster started to increase. However a number of early accounts seem to be related to heavy alcohol use ( at least that's how certain officials explained the events ). No real investigations were launched to explore these early claims.

In the early 1970s a couple of local monster hunters provided the world with a plaster cast of what they claimed to be the tracks of the Lake Weatherford Monster. The odd thing about these footprints proved to be the lack of a front right side track, leading many of those associated with the hunt to refer to the monster as "South Paw" and "Lefty". These men claimed that the monster's front paw must have been torn from its arm, leaving only a stump which it probably dragged along on the ground as it travelled.

As for the plaster cast of the remaining limbs, they were reported to resemble a giant crocodile's feet. Needless to say, crocodiles are very rare in this part of the world. The plaster cast of these tracks were immediately met with cynical criticism and denounced as a hoax.

However without this incident the monster would have never received its nickname "South Paw".

A handful of the eye witnesses ridicule the people who are determined to explain the monster as a physical animal. This group of individuals truly believe that the monster is some type of supernatural phantom. A GHOST which has come to warn the world about its destructive path. They claim to have seen the shadowy shape of the mythical BULL which the Indians had spoken of. The principle cause being championed by this apparition is to return the balance of humanity back to the truth of nature.

I don't know what to make of it, there's too many conflicting descriptions.

Sounds like it is just a legend.

• Like 1

That's what I'm thinking, too. It seems, however, that Weatherford is a hotspot for UFO sightings, as well. Coincidence?

I think there have been, and maybe still are, scientific projects to try and prove whether or not Nessie exists. There have been boats sending sonar down there to see if they can detect anything unusual, and they detected a giant object moving under the water. The scientists say that it was just probably a huge fish - but it may not have been.

That's what I'm thinking, too. It seems, however, that Weatherford is a hotspot for UFO sightings, as well. Coincidence?

625526[/snapback]

Lots of people have noticed that Bigfoots and the UFO phenomenon may be connected. Bigfoots are often seen at around the same time, and in the same place, that UFO's have been seen. But no-one knows why.

You must meen the Sasquatch Illuminati, or the Priory of High-Ons.

rofl.gif

There all ridiculous in my opinion, but I love Cryptozoology considering it is DOWN TO EARTH, beleiveable, and in general fun. You get to explore and disover something nobody has even heard of, granite some may call you crazy.

Gorrillas were considered folklore or legends by Europeans at first.

So were giant pandas, giant anacondas, giant black cats, etc.

I think the Tazmanian tiger still exists in the wild as well.

Sasquatch is a myth. So is Nessie.

hmmm...

where did ur friends mom get this from?? huh.gifdontgetit.gifdisgust.gif

just sounds like a legend

hmmm...

where did ur friends mom get this from?? huh.gif  dontgetit.gif  disgust.gif

625652[/snapback]

I'm assuming on the Internet somewhere.

• 14 years later...

This was 2014 it was in January very cold. I use to live off Peaster hwy close to rick Williamson hwy. one night around 2am my dog woke me up barking. She kept on for almost 30 minutes so I got the flash light went outside and found her in the front field she was facing toward creek barking I shined my light and saw this huge white creature. He had hoofed feet and hand at least 12 ft tall. His face was kinda human but goat like red eyes and his horns curved backward like a sheep. Two cars were pulled over saw same thing I did. The creature turned and looked at me. I told my dog come on let’s go. I was so afraid I could not stop shaking.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to go through Weatherford occasionally but never heard of a monster there.   My family had some property in Utopia, Tx in which we did some hunting back in the late 80s while the area was still pretty remote.   One day while in a blind my dad said he saw a large, inky black something on the neighboring property in the cedars.  He said he looked away and when he looked back it was gone.   There's no telling what lurked in those hills back then and may still be there.   

I'm not really a believer in this thing called Bigfoot, however, at another part of Texas near Devine (small rural town) there was a road named Bigfoot and I always wondered why they named it that.    What else could this creature be but a specie of Ape that keeps eluding capture?

Edited by Dustyrose33

• 4 weeks later...

Kim f  they say LSD is a helluva drug. Might consider taking a smaller dose.