Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prove why Christianinty is the TRUE religion

BobaFett

I give this challenge to everyone who reads this post- prove to me Christianity is the 1 true religion WITHOUT using the bible as a reference. Or if you don't think Christianity is the true religion, explain your reasonswhy not. LET THE SPIRITUAL AND THE SKEPTIC CLASH!

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amalgamut

• Foundation Stone

• zandore

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh this is going to get real nasty! I think it's truly impossible to prove that christianity is the one true religion...which is just one of the many reasons I don't buy into it. If you have to use the bible to prove the validity of christianity than to me it's just circular logic and at that point it just comes down to blind faith.

Oh this is going to get real nasty! I think it's truly impossible to prove that christianity is the one true religion...which is just one of the many reasons I don't buy into it. If you have to use the bible to prove the validity of christianity than to me it's just circular logic and at that point it just comes down to blind faith.

628055[/snapback]

I agree 100% w/ everything Orginal said. This will probably get ugly, and I don't think there is anyway to try and prove ANY religion without using circular logic and faith. Which is also one reason I don't buy into it either.

All religions offer guidance and advice about morality, spiritual paths, how to treat others ect.

However the unique thing about Christian believe is that the Creator Himself realized that mankind was unable too fully comprehend the results of his flaws/sins against Him. And provided a just sentence off DEATH upon all sinners.

This sentence was than served by Himself (through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ) God himself became 100% human to accomplish this feat. And through Faith and faith alone (NOT WORKS OR SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTMENTS) provided a way for us too return to our Fathers house. taught

This fact sets Christianity aside from all world religions including atheistis.

Irish

I give this challenge to everyone who reads this post- prove to me Christianity is the 1 true religion WITHOUT using the bible as a reference. Or if you don't think Christianity is the true religion, explain your reasonswhy not. LET THE SPIRITUAL AND THE SKEPTIC CLASH!

This is a very half-baked thread, but very well.

No christian is arrogant enougth to openly declear their religeon, the right one. Or at least, very few fundamentalists will.

I look to christianity because it was a revoloution at the time. It is the only religeon which preached with not what god could do for you, but what you could do for god.

it will be very difficult

without using the book of choice

altho i dont like how sum ppl read it

and us it to support ideas or crazy thoeries.

If this is provable there will be no need of faith anymore. This will not be the world as we know. My challenge will be to believe in the possibilty of 'something', even if you do not yet have the proof. If you pass the challenge, go on to the possibility of something greater.

All religions offer guidance and advice about morality, spiritual paths, how to treat others ect.

However the unique thing about Christian believe is that the Creator Himself realized that mankind was unable too fully comprehend the results of his flaws/sins against Him. And provided a just sentence off DEATH upon all sinners.

This sentence was than served by Himself (through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ) God himself became 100% human to accomplish this feat. And through Faith and faith alone (NOT WORKS OR SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTMENTS) provided a way for us too return to our Fathers house. taught

This fact sets Christianity aside from all world religions including atheistis.

Irish

628081[/snapback]

Ok, but where does this knowlage of "the unique thing about Christian believe is that the Creator Himself realized that mankind was unable too fully comprehend the results of his flaws/sins against Him. And provided a just sentence off DEATH upon all sinners." come from? I smell a bible refrenece...

You are right, but much the same as proving the law is just. you can ask the lawyers or study the law books yourself. But you need the written laws to begin with.

You are right, but much the same as proving the law is just. you can ask the lawyers or study the law books yourself. But you need the written laws to begin with.

628176[/snapback]

EXACTLY. By that sence, any religion that has holy documents can be proven real! whether its the Bible, The Quran, or one of the numerous other religion's holy documents, they all can be used to prove their religion the TRUE one. Thus, either all religous documents for all religions be allowed in the discussion, or none of them should.

Words from a 2000 year old book doesn't make a religion right-it just makes it sound more convincing.

628055[/snapback]

I agree 100% w/ everything Orginal said. This will probably get ugly, and I don't think there is anyway to try and prove ANY religion without using circular logic and faith. Which is also one reason I don't buy into it either.

628062[/snapback]

That is three saying the same thing. This I think can get very.....bad(?).

Two words...

You can't.

Can't what?

Hmmmm, I smell a campaign by Bobafett to slaughter Christianity! unsure.gif

Yes its true, all the religious zealots out there rely upon their holy texts for proof and such... citing this and claiming that, this passage says this, this passage outlines that.. blah blah blah and Bobafett believes none of them have any creditbility. rolleyes.gif

How about I suggest this; I know Christianity is the right religion, because I have hope and faith in it.

Above what you can say to discredit the ideas of christianity, I have hope, which overrides your words and proofs. It seems crazy at times, much like madness, because faith passes aside reason and logic because it doesn't function within those terms; logos doesn't apply to hope and belief.

That's what's best about it, you don't need any proof at all for it to be the one true religion. You just have to believe. wink2.gif Proofs and reasoning do little good in the realms of belief.

Of course, that's what I'd say if I were a passionate Christian... which I'm not. tongue.gif I am a believer though. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Monkyburd

It seems crazy at times, much like madness, because faith passes aside reason and logic because it doesn't function within those terms
ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Are you sure you know what you said?

Two words...

You can't.

Can't what?

628296[/snapback]

Prove Christianity is the "true" religion.

that is like a buddist saying his is the true religion. You just can't prove that Christianity is or is not. You either believe or you don't.

Hmmmm, I smell a campaign by Bobafett to slaughter Christianity! unsure.gif

Yes its true, all the religious zealots out there rely upon their holy texts for proof and such... citing this and claiming that, this passage says this, this passage outlines that.. blah blah blah and Bobafett believes none of them have any creditbility. rolleyes.gif

How about I suggest this; I know Christianity is the right religion, because I have hope and faith in it.

Above what you can say to discredit the ideas of christianity, I have hope, which overrides your words and proofs. It seems crazy at times, much like madness, because faith passes aside reason and logic because it doesn't function within those terms; logos doesn't apply to hope and belief.

That's what's best about it, you don't need any proof at all for it to be the one true religion. You just have to believe. wink2.gif Proofs and reasoning do little good in the realms of belief.

Of course, that's what I'd say if I were a passionate Christian... which I'm not. tongue.gif I am a believer though. thumbsup.gif

628338[/snapback]

I once had "Hope" and "Faith" in Santa Claus and I also had "Hope" and "Faith" in the Easter bunny and the Tooth fairy...but that didn't make them "right" nor did it even make them "real"...

very bad argument.

Now, I know Christianity is the "right" religion because:

they killed more people over religion than any religion in history.

they opressed more poeple over and with religion than anyone in history.

they spread their religion by the sword, yet have amnesia of that fact now that others are doing the same.

...and because they keep telling me that I'm going to be tortured in hell fire for eternity with Elvis if I don't agree with their bulls#it religon.

yes.gif

innocent.gif

devil.gif

Now, I know Christianity is the "right" religion because:

they killed more people over religion than any religion in history.

they spread their religion by the sword, yet have amnesia of that fact now that others are doing the same.

628561[/snapback]

Did you ever stop and think the reason why this happend is because Satan wanted to get people to hate Christianity?

If you were Satan, what would be your main target, religion wise?

Would you not try and get evil involved in right religion, to get people to hate it?

Well, this is exactly what Satan did. He sowed many tares in Christianity throughout history (and still does today). He wants people to look at this religion and bash it due to the things mentioned above. He tried to get this religion to self-destruct. By doing these things he got just what he wanted, people to hate Christianity due to people abusing it's power in the past. He wants non-believers to stay as far away from Christianity as possible.

You say no other religion has done as much killing as Christianity, we'll you are right. The tares that Satan sowed went far. Satan tried to influence the overall outlook on Christianity from non-believers, and he did just that. The proof lies in the comment you just made.

Did you ever stop and think the reason why this happend is because Satan wanted to get people to hate Christianity?

Did you ever stop to think that thats just a scapegoat?

The proof lies in the comment you just made.

THeres no proof in that comment that Satan did anything.

Did you ever stop to think that thats just a scapegoat?

628653[/snapback]

Did you ever stop to think that thats just your opinion? Its obvious you no nothing of the teachings of the Bible. The Bible clearly states that Satan tried to influence the church LONG before any of those things happend.

THeres no proof in that comment that Satan did anything.

628653[/snapback]

Did he not make that comment? And, would you not say that Christianity today is the most scrutinized religion due in partly to those things mentioned?

satan being behind the evil in the church is just as well your opinion as satan being a scapegoat is his, you cant claim something to be true if there is no way to support it, you cant just say "satan made these people do this, and god made these people do this" you HAVE to put "i beleive satan did this, or i feel satan did this" something to that respect, now i know stellar enough to know he wouldnt have said satan "Was" a scape goat if you never said that he "was" responsible for the evil in the church

and christianity is the most scrutinized relgion due to it being the biggest, nothing more

Edited by seeking

satan being behind the evil in the church is just as well your opinion

628689[/snapback]

Obviously, I cannot prove Christianity. However, I can prove that Satan sowed tares in the church biblically. Meaning, if you believe the bible to be true, I can prove that Satan influenced the church (Via scripture). Hence, those people think the bible is true.

All im trying to do is help people realize the things that went on in the past, and the things happening today were talked about in scripture.

If someone is going to say how Christianity is wrong due to to these things Christianity has done, I can show them the truth as to why they think that. Which is excactly what I did.

This debate isn't about proving if religion is true or not, its about proving the true religion. Someone said how "Christianity is wrong, because they killed people." And that is why I replied in the way I did, and I have scripture to back my claim. All they have is their opinion, and their opinion only.

you cant claim something to be true if there is no way to support it, you cant just say "satan made these people do this, and god made these people do this"

628689[/snapback]

He has nothing to back his claim in terms of him thinking Christianity is the wrong religion. I have scripture to back my opinion as to why he thinks Christianity is wrong.

you HAVE to put "i beleive satan did this, or i feel satan did this" something to that respect,

628689[/snapback]

Why would I say "I believe Satan did this" if I know what scripture says. Does this mean scripture is true? No, however in relation to the argument it is. Again, this isnt about proving that religion is true, its about proving that Christianity is the true religion.

now i know stellar enough to know he wouldnt have said satan "Was" a scape goat if you never said that he "was" responsible for the evil in the church

628689[/snapback]

He was responsible. Tell me, does it say anywhere in the Bible to kill people to spread the word? No.

and christianity is the most scrutinized relgion due to it being the biggest, nothing more

628689[/snapback]

You could take every religion every made, and it would never equal the scrutiny that Christianity has had.

well, christianity is incomplete, and the gods of it are incomplete (violating the claims of the bible of completeness). the flaws of christianity reveal it is a work of man.

Muhammad proves that christianity is incomplete. There would not have been a prophet following jesus had the message been complete with jesus.

Christianity is sort of the splinter group of judaism that went wrong. no one will prove it the true religion because it is the most false religion of them all!

Edited by hyperactive

It's truly impossible to prove that christianity is the true religion...can't be done, not without having to quote the bible which in turn makes the argument into circular logic. The bible is true becasue god wrote it and god exists because the bible says so, that proves nothing.

All anybody has to rely upon is faith...until you can prove that god exists in a secular setting there is no way anybody can prove christianity is the one true religion. Anything else is pure speculation and blind faith.

Edited by TheOriginalF

Muhammad proves that christianity is incomplete. There would not have been a prophet following jesus had the message been complete with jesus.

628729[/snapback]

How do you know that Muhammad is a true prophet from God? One of his messaged was that Jesus was not the son of God. How does Muhammad prove anything?

Christianity is sort of the splinter group of judaism that went wrong.  no one will prove it the true religion because it is the most false religion of them all!

628729[/snapback]

Tell me why you think Christianity is the "most false" religion of them all.