Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prove why Christianinty is the TRUE religion

BobaFett

It's truly impossible to prove that christianity is the true religion...can't be done, not without having to quote the bible which in turn makes the argument into circular logic. The bible exist becasue god wrote it and god exists because the bible says so, that proves nothing.

628738[/snapback]

The reason why I think Christianity is the true religion is the passage "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me."

Jesus never claimed to be God, he just claimed to be the Son of God.

And Christianity says to have no other god's other than God himself.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amalgamut

• Foundation Stone

• zandore

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... if the Goddess I worship says "there will be no other god before me." That makes it true too?

Sweet... >D

So... if the Goddess I worship says "there will be no other god before me." That makes it true too?

Sweet... >D

628754[/snapback]

Yes but "thou shalt have no other Gods before me" came from the OT, which is from the Jewish bible. Judaism is one of the older religions.

Muhammad proves that christianity is incomplete. There would not have been a prophet following jesus had the message been complete with jesus.

628729[/snapback]

How do you know that Muhammad is a true prophet from God? One of his messaged was that Jesus was not the son of God. How does Muhammad prove anything?

Christianity is sort of the splinter group of judaism that went wrong.  no one will prove it the true religion because it is the most false religion of them all!

628729[/snapback]

Tell me why you think Christianity is the "most false" religion of them all.

628740[/snapback]

1) how do you know jesus was more than a man? I have my answers by studying many religions and history. where are yours from (outside the bible that is)?

2) do you really want me to start listing the ways in which christianity is nothing more than the "cheap street drug" of the religions? do i need to go into is care-free, insta-repent, "i am so special", egomaniacal ways (not that they don't reflect on the egomaniacal god it preaches of)

Judaism worked as a social structural religion - it was the laws of the people

Christianity was the hippie movement of the times - those that wanted to just "get high" and not live by the jewish rules - the hippie rebels of 2000 years ago.

Islam came along and corrected for the error that was christianity. it gave a balanced social order and pillars to live one's personal life by. What other religion is so ego driven that you have to do nothing to be a practicing memeber (well other than sell your soul, but that is something people do freely everyday anyway)?

so, without even getting into the supernatural, it went something like:

structure that worked -> incomplete and rediculous rebel offshoot -> correction and return to stability.

Edited by hyperactive

Sweet... >D

628754[/snapback]

Yes but "thou shalt have no other Gods before me" came from the OT, which is from the Jewish bible. Judaism is one of the older religions.

628758[/snapback]

So isn't Goddess worship... so if we find a text somewhere along the way with Her saying the same thing...

structure that worked -> incomplete and rediculous rebel offshoot -> correction and return to stability.

628764[/snapback]

So you are saying that Islam is the same as Judaism?

Judaism<Christianity<Islam

Also keep in mind, the main difference in these religions is Jesus being the Son of God.

The reason why I think Christianity is the true religion is the passage "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me."

628749[/snapback]

But that still doesn't prove that christianity is the one true religion, it's just circular logic. I'm not saying you are wrong for thinking that christianity is the one true religion, but it's all a matter of faith isn't it?

628749[/snapback]

But that still doesn't prove that christianity is the one true religion, it's just circular logic. I'm not saying you are wrong for thinking that christianity is the one true religion, but it's all a matter of faith isn't it?

628772[/snapback]

You right I can't actually prove it. I can only give you scriptures that are relevant to the argument. And yes its more of a faith thing. Like I have said before, if God came down right now and said "I am he" people still wouldn't believe.

Of course not... because with all that can happen today with our own technologies... many wil feel that it's a David Copperfield worthy trick...

Of course not... because with all that can happen today with our own technologies... many wil feel that it's a David Copperfield worthy trick...

628776[/snapback]

indeed

628764[/snapback]

So you are saying that Islam is the same as Judaism?

Judaism<Christianity<Islam

Also keep in mind, the main difference in these religions is Jesus being the Son of God.

628770[/snapback]

Islam is built on top of Judaism and Christianity.

And as for the son of god, well as I have said before: Jesus was incomplete, thus he was not of godliness as defined by the monothesitic religions. Christian scripture can be used to show that jesus had to be no more than a man. THis i think is becuase he always was a philosopher/prophet (whichever you prefer) and followers made him to be a god (a false god), practicing the age old tradition of idolatry. Eventually when it got so bad that people thought of jesus as a god and not the one god as the only god, the god sent another prophet to set the record straight.

don't forget most of your teachings are jewish teachings (the OT)! The ones that make sense are the jewish teachings. Add to that the teachings of Islam follow in that path and also make sense (even outside of belief in gods). It is the stuff that came between the two that is bad for you (sort of like the cream in an oreo cookie is probably the worst part for you).

don't forget most of your teachings are jewish teachings (the OT)!  The ones that make sense are the jewish teachings.  Add to that the teachings of Islam follow in that path and also make sense (even outside of belief in gods).  It is the stuff that came between the two that is bad for you (sort of like the cream in an oreo cookie is probably the worst part for you).

628798[/snapback]

Then why aren't Islam and Judaism the same religion?

If Islam "set the record strait" why wouldn't all Jew convert to Islam?

don't forget most of your teachings are jewish teachings (the OT)!  The ones that make sense are the jewish teachings.  Add to that the teachings of Islam follow in that path and also make sense (even outside of belief in gods).  It is the stuff that came between the two that is bad for you (sort of like the cream in an oreo cookie is probably the worst part for you).

628798[/snapback]

Then why aren't Islam and Judaism the same religion?

If Islam "set the record strait" why wouldn't all Jew convert to Islam?

628802[/snapback]

bloodlines.

judiasm is as much about protecting and keeping the bloodlines of the original tribes as anything else. it is a fairly closed system -> you can convert to it, but usually you enter through birth or marriage.

the question should be why don't the christians convert to islam or judaism? there is no logical reason not to. christianity should have died after the arrival of the first message via muhammad at the very latest. happy.gif

Did you ever stop to think that thats just your opinion?

Oh, and what you said isnt?

Its obvious you no nothing of the teachings of the Bible.

Oooh... I better not catch you calling anyone a sheep!

The Bible clearly states that Satan tried to influence the church LONG before any of those things happend.

The bible is not authority on the subject. The bible saying that Satan tried to influence the church means nothing at all really.

Did he not make that comment?

He made the comment... but it doesnt prove that Satan is responsible for him making that comment like you say it proves.

And, would you not say that Christianity today is the most scrutinized religion due in partly to those things mentioned?

Hmm... Personally, I think Islam may be scrutinized a bit more at the moment in the western public at least... but yes, Christianity is up there too... that still doesnt prove anything about Satan and his actions...

You're basically arguing: "Apples are green and they tast good. Grass is green, therefore, I've just proven that it tastes good too."

now i know stellar enough to know he wouldnt have said satan "Was" a scape goat if you never said that he "was" responsible for the evil in the church

wink2.gif

If someone is going to say how Christianity is wrong due to to these things Christianity has done, I can show them the truth as to why they think that. Which is excactly what I did.

No... what you did is transfered blame without good reason and then claimed that your belief is the truth which it is not.

And that is why I replied in the way I did, and I have scripture to back my claim. All they have is their opinion, and their opinion only.

Their opinion is just as valid as scriptures...

He has nothing to back his claim in terms of him thinking Christianity is the wrong religion. I have scripture to back my opinion as to why he thinks Christianity is wrong.

Sure we do. I can take the egyptian Book of the Dead or any other religion ans use that as backing. It would be just as valid as you with yours. (Neither of which are valid).

Why would I say "I believe Satan did this" if I know what scripture says.

Because you cant be sure that what scripture says is accurate!

Does this mean scripture is true? No, however in relation to the argument it is.

No... you didnt say "In scripture, this is how its expalined" you basically said "this is how its explained because its in scripture."

Tell me, does it say anywhere in the Bible to kill people to spread the

word?

It does say to kill and destroy other religions. Theres even a part in which god kills nonbelievers.

the question should be why don't the christians convert to islam or judaism?  there is no logical reason not to. 

628806[/snapback]

Because Christianity is believing that Jesus is the Son of God. Islam and Judaism does not recognize this.

christianity should have died after the arrival of the first message via muhammad at the very latest.  happy.gif

628806[/snapback]

Prior to Christianity, most of this part of the world was Jewish.

So, essentially, the middle eastern world was Judaism then they switched to Islam.(prior to Christianity)

So the whole Jewish bloodline thing doesn't make sense as to why Islamics arent Jewish today. Hence, they can marry into the Jewish religion anyway. The Jews do not recognize Muhammad either, so if anything, Islam is the "hippie religion." And no records were set strait. If this were true the Jews would be Islamic. Many Jews actually believe Jesus was the Son of God. However, they still consider themselves Jewish. Islam is the odd one out, due to "Muhammad." Considering Jesus warned the rest of people "beware of the false teachers." And that is exaclty what Muhammud was, false.

I give this challenge to everyone who reads this post- prove to me Christianity is the 1 true religion WITHOUT using the bible as a reference.  Or if you don't think Christianity is the true religion, explain your reasonswhy not.  LET THE SPIRITUAL AND THE SKEPTIC CLASH!

628028[/snapback]

user posted image

The cosmic fire is hidden within the oil or within the water!

Fire burns from oil in many religions and electricity comes from the energy of falling water. Electricity generated this way is called hydroelectricity!

Christ is the fire of the fire!

Christ from L. Christus, from Gk. khrism "to anoint"

Anoint implies baptism, from O.Fr. enoint "smeared on," pp. of enoindre "smear on," from L. inunguere, from in- "on" + unguere "to smear." Originally in ref. to grease or oil smeared on for medicinal purposes; it very common in medicine of “Ayurveda” India. To smudge with water.

It is good to remember the baptism of RAMA, the YOGI-CHRIST of India:

When they were at yodjana, halfway from the meridional brook of the Sarayu: Visvamitra sweetly said, “RAMA it is convenient that you pour water upon yourself, in accordance with our rites. I am going to teach you our salutations in order to save time. First of all receive these two marvellous sciences: THE POTENCY AND THE ULTRAPOTENCY. These will avoid fatigue, old age or any other malady that would ever invade your limbs.

While pronouncing this discourse, Visvamitra the man of mortifications initiated RAMA on the two sciences, who was being purified in the waters of the river, standing, with his head inclined and his hands joined. (This is quoted from the RAMAYANA which invites those who call themselves Christians to reflect about).

the question should be why don't the christians convert to islam or judaism?  there is no logical reason not to. 

628806[/snapback]

Because Christianity is believing that Jesus is the Son of God. Islam and Judaism does not recognize this.

christianity should have died after the arrival of the first message via muhammad at the very latest.  happy.gif

628806[/snapback]

Prior to Christianity, most of this part of the world was Jewish.

So, essentially, the middle eastern world was Judaism then they switched to Islam.(prior to Christianity)

So the whole Jewish bloodline thing doesn't make sense as to why Islamics arent Jewish today. Hence, they can marry into the Jewish religion anyway. The Jews do not recognize Muhammad either, so if anything, Islam is the "hippie religion." And no records were set strait. If this were true the Jews would be Islamic. Many Jews actually believe Jesus was the Son of God. However, they still consider themselves Jewish. Islam is the odd one out, due to "Muhammad." Considering Jesus warned the rest of people "beware of the false teachers." And that is exaclty what Muhammud was, false.

628823[/snapback]

an age old trick is to make claims, and then tell people others will "challenge you"/"say other things" but they are false.

look at the religions outside of the religions and you will see that muhammad is just as prophetic as jesus. you will see that it makes no sense to dismiss islam because christianity tells you to.

let history be your guide.

don't also forget that you actually have to do something to become jewish or islamic, unlike the wacko.gif religion that came between them.

The Bible clearly states that Satan tried to influence the church LONG before any of those things happend.

The bible is not authority on the subject.

628812[/snapback]

The Bible is the "authority" on Christianity, do the math.

The bible saying that Satan tried to influence the church means nothing at all really.

628812[/snapback]

So, in terms of religion, Satan influencing the church means nothing? wacko.gif

Did he not make that comment?

He made the comment... but it doesnt prove that Satan is responsible for him making that comment like you say it proves.

628812[/snapback]

Yes it does. Considering what Satan did to make Christianity look bad. Why would he make that comment if he tought Christianity was good? It's obvious that the bible does not say "kill people to spread my word." Satan however influenced people in the church to do bad things. So, in turn it hurts the outlook on this religion.

You're basically arguing: "Apples are green and they tast good. Grass is green, therefore, I've just proven that it tastes good too."

628812[/snapback]

Horrible analogy.

And that is why I replied in the way I did, and I have scripture to back my claim. All they have is their opinion, and their opinion only.

Their opinion is just as valid as scriptures...

628812[/snapback]

My opinions have scriptures to back them. Yours dont, nor do his.

He has nothing to back his claim in terms of him thinking Christianity is the wrong religion. I have scripture to back my opinion as to why he thinks Christianity is wrong.

Sure we do. I can take the egyptian Book of the Dead or any other religion ans use that as backing. It would be just as valid as you with yours. (Neither of which are valid).

628812[/snapback]

Ok, give me some writtings from those books that say Christianity is bad.

Why would I say "I believe Satan did this" if I know what scripture says.

Because you cant be sure that what scripture says is accurate!

628812[/snapback]

Well, if I couldn't read them yes it would be a problem. But the scritpure says the things I stated plain as day.

Does this mean scripture is true? No, however in relation to the argument it is.

No... you didnt say "In scripture, this is how its expalined" you basically said "this is how its explained because its in scripture."

628812[/snapback]

Thats the same exact thing.

Tell me, does it say anywhere in the Bible to kill people to spread the

word?

It does say to kill and destroy other religions. Theres even a part in which god kills nonbelievers.

628812[/snapback]

It does? Where? Show me.

Christianity was the hippie movement of the times - those that wanted to just "get high" and not live by the jewish rules - the hippie rebels of 2000 years ago.

628764[/snapback]

Oh yea sure, next time write that here is my opinion based on zero facts of what I am assuming why Christianity is wrong. Don't just throw out silly claims of early Christians being lazy Jews without any back up. The hostility between Jews and Arabs back to Abraham. The Jews are decendants from Abraham's son Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Abraham’s son Ishmael. Judiams and Islam are not the same religion.

628764[/snapback]

Oh yea sure, next time write that here is my opinion based on zero facts of what I am assuming why Christianity is wrong. Don't just throw out silly claims of early Christians being lazy Jews without any back up. The hostility between Jews and Arabs back to Abraham. The Jews are decendants from Abraham's son Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Abraham’s son Ishmael. Judiams and Islam are not the same religion.

628918[/snapback]

study the line of prophets and you will see that they are of the same god, and are the three chapters of it.

they weren't necessarily lazy, that is your inference. the egocentric nature of the religion though was clearly self-serving.

the big picture is your friend! step back from the bible and take a look, if you dare.

the big picture is your friend!  step back from the bible and take a look, if you dare.

628924[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Uhh, I think I have, I think I've mentioned many times to you "open minds" that I've been an athiest. Please, you think your mind is free and mine is closed in. WRONG, last time I checked scientists and people like you are closed minded and can't accept anything w/o proof, seems like you have a closed mind. no.gif I actually came to my faith on MY OWN! Please you probably never read the Bible, or at least it doesn't seem like it. The view is not self serving, but scripture says to help others, and no for selfishness, if in your head and your definition for helping others means self serving then blah.

Edited by P4P3R T1G3R2

And the question here is whether christianity is true or not. So... doing the math... would OJ's plea have any authority over whether he did commit murder or not?

So, in terms of religion, Satan influencing the church means nothing?

The bible saying Satan influenced the church means nothing until it is supported by evidence.

Yes it does. Considering what Satan did to make Christianity look bad.

You have no proof that Satan DID anything to make Christianity look bad!

Satan however influenced people in the church to do bad things.

Can you prove that?

Horrible analogy.

Care to ask someone else about that?

The scriptures are just opinions themselves. I can write down something on a piece of paper, claim its divinely transmitted to me too...

The question is not whether Christianity is bad. Holy crap, cant you stay on topic for more than 2 lines?

Well, if I couldn't read them yes it would be a problem. But the scritpure says the things I stated plain as day.

Which can not be verified. Sure you understand them, just like I understand LotR. That doesnt mean that its true.

Its completely different. The first is simply to do with what is written in scripture. The second is basically saying that scripture is 100% true.

It does? Where? Show me.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came. He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors." The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces.

Exodus 23:23-25

If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 8:18-20

Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not provoke me to anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you."

Jeremiah 25:5-7

628812[/snapback]

Horrible analogy.

that was YOUR analogy !

the big picture is your friend!  step back from the bible and take a look, if you dare.

628924[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Uhh, I think I have, I think I've mentioned many times to you "open minds" that I've been an athiest. Please, you think your mind is free and mine is closed in. WRONG, last time I checked scientists and people like you are closed minded and can't accept anything w/o proof, seems like you have a closed mind. no.gif I actually came to my faith on MY OWN! Please you probably never read the Bible, or at least it doesn't seem like it. The view is not self serving, but scripture says to help others, and no for selfishness, if in your head and your definition for helping others means self serving then blah.

628930[/snapback]

study it closely.... very closely... and you will see the keys to the understanding of the religion. yes.gifhappy.gif (go forth and discover the falts of it on your own, as that is the way it must be - strangly you never actually challenge the faults but sidestep them)

An atheist that found a bible.... and how many other religions have you looked at? and how many perspectives have you taken towards christianity?

as for proof: the bible proves itself to be fallible, contradictory, and incomplete.

for a person claiming great knowledge of your religion, it sounds like you only have knowledge permitted by your found religion. now that is not very complete at all.

And the question here is whether christianity is true or not. So... doing the math... would OJ's plea have any authority over whether he did commit murder or not?

628934[/snapback]

The QUESTION here is whether Christianity is the TRUE RELIGION. This argument isn't about if RELIGION IS TRUE OR NOT. And again, thats a terrible analogy, compared to Christianity and the Bible.

So, in terms of religion, Satan influencing the church means nothing?

The bible saying Satan influenced the church means nothing until it is supported by evidence.

628934[/snapback]

Exactly, so this topic does not concern you, because all you do is say how all religions are un-true. Again, I tell you, this is about proving Christianity is the right religion. I also say that Christianity cannot be proven scientifically, but thats not the topic now is it? It's going to be hard for you to make any point in this topic considering you think all religions are not true. So how could one be proven?

Yes it does. Considering what Satan did to make Christianity look bad.

You have no proof that Satan DID anything to make Christianity look bad!

628934[/snapback]

See my above comment please. And like I said, I can PROVE IT BIBLICALLY, not scientifically.

Satan however influenced people in the church to do bad things.

Can you prove that?

628934[/snapback]

Can I prove that I took the trash out this morning?

Horrible analogy.

Care to ask someone else about that?

628934[/snapback]

Sure.

Does anyone else think this was a horrible analogy?

The scriptures are just opinions themselves. I can write down something on a piece of paper, claim its divinely transmitted to me too...

628934[/snapback]

Really? Me too. We would be false prophets. Do you know what those are?

The question is not whether Christianity is bad. Holy crap, cant you stay on topic for more than 2 lines?

628934[/snapback]

You've been OFF TOPIC this entire time. This thread isnt about providing scientific evidence that Christianity exists. If you want to talk about that make your own thread. Matter of fact, I think their might already be one.

Which can not be verified. Sure you understand them, just like I understand LotR. That doesnt mean that its true.

628934[/snapback]

Ok, would you say that Froto was a hobbit?

Its completely different. The first is simply to do with what is written in scripture. The second is basically saying that scripture is 100% true.

628934[/snapback]

Again, we aren't trying to prove Christianity scientifically are we?