Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The horse of troy

marduk

what was the horse of troy  

44 members have voted

1. 1. what was the horse of troy

• a wooden animal with troops (+ toilet facilities) inside
    • an analogy
    • an annunaki armoured personnel carrier
    • a lie written by the winners of the battle
    • a plot piece in a literary story
    • you don't care

Personally all this greek stuff bores the hell out of me, but when i read that Zechariah Sitchen is now claiming that the annunaki assisted the greeks in their attack on troy i just had to have someone else's opinion on it

sounds true to me

right ......?

armoured personnel carrier everytime

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• marduk

• The Roswell Man

• Lady

I saw a movie about that once. I think it was a big wooden bunny, but the plan backfired if I recall correctly.

The Greeks bore the hell out of you!? You are crazy!

The Greeks have given us so much in the way of advancement in all areas, they were the first democratic republic! Look at all the great pieces of literature from that time and the wars they held. To be honest I can not see how you find it boring. Im quite fascinated by it, but I suppose each to his own...

it was giacomo. (sp)

628287[/snapback]

? hmm.gif

Spanish?

According to what i have heard, Achilles was killed by Paris, with a single arrow that was directed by God in flight to the heel of Achilles, which wounded him badly.

I can imagine the wooden horse story is true, and after Achilles killed off Hector of Troy, their was a significant truce between the two armies as a mark of respect.

That is when the Greeks led by King Agamemnon, took advantage with the Trojan Horse idea, which as we know in theory, led to the conquering of Troy.

But it just seems silly to me that you are being invaded, and then they all leave, and all thats left is a giant wooden horse, which you then decide is a gift from the kinda people that wouldnt pee on you if you was on fire.

From what i have seen of ruins in Turkey, i expect Troy was well defended, with the locations for a start. So that is why sending hundreds of Greek soldiers to die didnt last long. So, they used their initiative.

Some truth i expect, but i think it's an over-exaggeration.

No.. actually that's logical.. i actually mean the horse was a wooden intergalactic horse demon from the planet Ubel, in the Riluna system. Join my cult!.. only $599 per year!

The hundreth subscriber gets a 'FREE', yes thats 'FREE'.. 12 legged Ubelian donkey.

In truth there is no way to know for sure if the Trojan horse ever existed, there was a lot of creative license used in the Illiad that did not mirror real life very well. It is just a nice story.

Don't forget where the term "beware of greeks bearing gifts" comes from

thinking further, didn't they also invent Jesus.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Edited by marduk

Hey cerberus, the Greek's did not have 'God'. It was Apollo who guided the arrow that killed Achilles.

One of the main reasons that I believe the story of the Wooden Horse to be true, is that the Greeks focused their lives around religion. They didn't even have a word for religion, it was their lives. Only later were there people that actually said they disbelieved in the gods. Back to my point, one of Poseidon's symbols was the horse. Therefore it wasn't just a horse that the Greeks gave the Trojan's, but a religious symbol.

The Trojan's could have accepted it as they believed the Greeks wished to make an offering of some sort to Poseidon before they embarked on their journey home... I think this is a good point anyway, it is valid.

Another way of viewing the Trojan Horse scenario is that an earthquake split the walls of Troy and allowed the Achean's to storm the city. This is sometimes believed because Posiedon was the god of earthquakes as well, and the story can be interpreted as Poseidon brining the walls down- via an earthquake.

However, I like to believe in the horse story. The film is a lot of crap by the way. They got a lot wrong.

i thought a recent thoery was he was caesar??? huh.gifdontgetit.gif

Hey cerberus, the Greek's did not have 'God'. It was Apollo who guided the arrow that killed Achilles.

One of the main reasons that I believe the story of the Wooden Horse to be true, is that the Greeks focused their lives around religion. They didn't even have a word for religion, it was their lives. Only later were there people that actually said they disbelieved in the gods. Back to my point, one of Poseidon's symbols was the horse. Therefore it wasn't just a horse that the Greeks gave the Trojan's, but a religious symbol.

The Trojan's could have accepted it as they believed the Greeks wished to make an offering of some sort to Poseidon before they embarked on their journey home... I think this is a good point anyway, it is valid.

Another way of viewing the Trojan Horse scenario is that an earthquake split the walls of Troy and allowed the Achean's to storm the city. This is sometimes believed because Posiedon was the god of earthquakes as well, and the story can be interpreted as Poseidon brining the walls down- via an earthquake.

However, I like to believe in the horse story. The film is a lot of crap by the way. They got a lot wrong.

628446[/snapback]

One of poseidons symbols was a horse ??

what were the others ?

Im trying to remember now, dolphins, fish and a trident. Probably some others as well.

628460[/snapback]

Why a trident ?

it was giacomo. (sp)

628287[/snapback]

? hmm.gif

Spanish?

628342[/snapback]

It's the horse that just won the Kentucky Derby.

However, I didn't spell it right.

Like Zeus has his lightning and sceptre of justice...Poseidon had his trident. If you watch cartoons now, the kings of atlantis etc have tridents. It all harks back from the Greek's. I doubt there is an explicit reason he had the trident, he just did. It was linked to the sea, as he was primarily god of the sea, not water btw.

i thought he had a trident also

is this wrong? huh.gif

user posted image

user posted image

No, he did have a trident, you are right. Read what I have said, I assure you that he had a trident.

Edited by Mr Ed

No, he did have a trident, you are right. Read what I have said, I assure you that he had a trident.

628488[/snapback]

"I doubt there is an explicit reason he had the trident, he just did. It was linked to the sea, as he was primarily god of the sea, not water btw."

actually he had a trident for a very good reason.

First you have to ask why a trident. what is it for ?

Do you actually know Marduk or are you theorising? I doubt the reasoning for the trident actually matters or is linked to the topic matter! But I suppose it is interesting nethertheless.

Edited by Mr Ed

Do you actually know Marduk or are you theorising? I doubt the reasoning for the trident actually matters or is linked to the topic matter! But I suppose it is interesting nethertheless.

628500[/snapback]

A trident is used for what ?

It's used for spearing fish ?

why would a god need to spear fish to catch them ?

because the god is based on a real person who was a famous fisherman perhaps ?

what do you think so far ?

50-1 baby cha-ching!.........oh uh urmmm are we still talking about the horsey thing tongue.gif

lol, Marduk he is not based on a real fishing man. Maybe on a fishing tool though. Thats common sense.