Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The horse of troy

marduk

what was the horse of troy  

44 members have voted

1. 1. what was the horse of troy

• a wooden animal with troops (+ toilet facilities) inside
    • an analogy
    • an annunaki armoured personnel carrier
    • a lie written by the winners of the battle
    • a plot piece in a literary story
    • you don't care

The trident was the way in which he caused storms- a likely explanation.

628507[/snapback]

you must have missed the last meeting of orthodox science in this area then if you really don't know this

The greeks borrowed some of their culture from the assyrians

the assyrian sea god was called oannes

he had a trident because he was based on an earlier god who had originally been a famous mortal fisherman. Fishermen in those days used tridents.

I'm not sure but i don't think their net technology was very good. hehe w00t.gifw00t.gif

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• marduk

• The Roswell Man

• Lady

That could well be possible, but since I had no knowledge of this civilisation I had to make a judgment on the information I knew original.gif

By the way is this a theory or a proven theory? source if 100% proven by mainstream historians please. It sounds promising.

Edited by Mr Ed

i thought it was a toss up between fishing and causing storms myself

but did trident eva fish? huh.gif

or are u asking if the trident had a role in the past?

im confused. blink.gif

Basically the trident was used by Poseidon to generate storms etc. Marduk is saying that this was inspired from an earlier civilisation.

listen to Marduk he's right.

I never said he wasn't, the problem is I only have knowledge of the Greek's, not civilisations that they drew ideas from, unfortunately.

(oh yeah I did once, sorry if I was wrong, but ive never heard of the a..... before)

Edited by Mr Ed

i thought it was a toss up between fishing and causing storms myself

but did trident eva fish? huh.gif

or are u asking if the trident had a role in the past?

im confused. blink.gif

628520[/snapback]

Okay start off with the sumerian fisherman"adapa"

he gets lost in a storm and finds a new land, he eventually sails home

That act made him a famous person in his society and he was remembered for hundreds of years until he became a demi god who was worshipped and called upon for luck while at sea.

Then that culture over time and conquest became a new one and the old traditions were handed down and he was recognised as nothing but a god of the sea. A pure deity.

Other visiting cultures were impressed by this god and adapted it to their own pantheon ,

In that wasy adapa the fisherman had Become known as Uan "the craftsman" and then as Oannes by the asyyrians

he went from there and became a philistine fish god and also to greece where he became poseidon.

The story doesn't end there or weren't you at all suspicious at the roman god Neptune. who also has a trident.

In fact these kind of Trident bearing Gods were all so popular that when catholicism came along they were demonised. Called pagan and their badge of office handed over to satan. Ask a catholic who has a trident. They won't say poseidon

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Quick little tidbit, I guess...someone said back there that there's a good deal of creative license in the Iliad, which is true. But the Iliad ends during Hector's funeral games. The story about the Trojan Horse is in Vergil's Aeneid. The Trojan Horse was supposed to be a gift to Athena, I believe, because the Greeks(Diomedes and Odysseus particularly) had stolen a sacred icon of hers from her temple in Troy, and they were trying to make amends. Athena was, however, fighting alongside the Greeks.

When the Trojans found the horse, a priest named Laocoon warned against them taking it inside, but was killed by a pair of sea serpents which then hid, strangely enough, behind the shield of a statue of Athena in her temple.

Way I figure it is it's just a nice wrapup to a classic story.

I am not suspicious about the Roman god Neptune, as I know for a fact that the Romans took the Greek gods after conquering them, and made them their own. Unless of course you are saying that the Romans were in turn inspired by the Greeks, then I can see what you are saying.

Do you have any proof for this theory? I just want to check its authenticity- I find all this kind of stuff interesting. Thanks if you can find a link or something.

damn it marduk

the more u bring ur evidence to bear

the more u knock down the christian view eh? w00t.gifw00t.giftongue.gifgrin2.gif

kinda like that tell a story to friend and then they tell a friend and then they tell a friend and so on until you get a completely changed story......hmmmm

I am not suspicious about the Roman god Neptune, as I know for a fact that the Romans took the Greek gods after conquering them, and made them their own. Unless of course you are saying that the Romans were in turn inspired by the Greeks, then I can see what you are saying.

Do you have any proof for this theory? I just want to check its authenticity- I find all this kind of stuff interesting. Thanks if you can find a link or something.

kinda like that tell a story to friend and then they tell a friend and then they tell a friend and so on until you get a completely changed story......hmmmm

Argh sorry I did it again, I'll be more patient this time.

Edited by Mr Ed

Quick little tidbit, I guess...someone said back there that there's a good deal of creative license in the Iliad, which is true.  But the Iliad ends during Hector's funeral games.  The story about the Trojan Horse is in Vergil's Aeneid.  The Trojan Horse was supposed to be a gift to Athena, I believe, because the Greeks(Diomedes and Odysseus particularly) had stolen a sacred icon of hers from her temple in Troy, and they were trying to make amends.  Athena was, however, fighting alongside the Greeks.

When the Trojans found the horse, a priest named Laocoon warned against them taking it inside, but was killed by a pair of sea serpents which then hid, strangely enough, behind the shield of a statue of Athena in her temple.

Way I figure it is it's just a nice wrapup to a classic story.

628541[/snapback]

man one sea serpent is bad enough but getting attacked by two atthe same time just unlucky.

especially on dry land.

or did he go swimming

Just think though how dumb would you have to be after having been at war for ten years and under siege for most of that time waking up one morning and finding a gift from your opponents in the shape of a large wooden horse

Just large enough to hold a division of greek soldiers in full battle armour plus toilet facilities

I mean ?

how long did it take them to build all that and weren't the trojans just a little bit suspicious of all the hammering and sawing sounds coming from the other side of the wall

hehehe

w00t.gifw00t.gifyes.gif

I have never heard that the Trojan horse was a gift for Athene, that makes little sense to me since she never demanded any sacrifices from the Achean's. It was Poseidon and Zeus that were angry with them which is why most of the army was ship wrecked or got lost after sacking Troy. I also don't understand why Athene would be offered a horse...It is Poseidon's symbol, but maybe you have more reliable information...

Now p*** off or I shall have to taunt you a second time tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Oh yeah, I think the sea serpent you are talking about was Thetis- Achilles' shape shifting mother. She wanted to pay her respects to her dead son sometime after his death at Troy.

628555[/snapback]

Actually i can't find it anywhere on the net

It's that new

you heard it here first

It would probably be a lot easier if you just researched the names

Adapa

Uan

Oannes

Poseidon

Neptune

Pope

in that order. The links are clearly drawn

For some reason not many people talk about it in this fashion so matter of factly

its kind of proof that gods were us if you think about it a little deeper

How horrifying

now the vatican is gonna have me assasinated for letting out their secrets

the masons will probably be after me too

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

hmmmm well I'll take your origins of Poseidon into consideration then, since it sounds like it could well be true, but I won't consider it concrete yet...

Good point there about the gods being us. One of the reasons for the downfall of the Greek god is that people realised they were far from perfect. Many of the male gods raped mortal women, nymphs, niads etc. They also squabbled amongst themselves. Some Greek's saw that gods would not behave like this, part of the reason for their abandonment.

Edited by Mr Ed

I had to translate the Aeneid from Latin last year for a class...my memory may be a little hazy, but I'm fairly certain it was supposed to be a gift for Athena. That was just another part of the trick. The Trojans were made to think that when Diomedes and Odysseus stole her sacred symbol she was angry with them, when those two were two of Athena's favorites.

And I'd be willing to bet the snakes weren't Thetis. There were two, first of all, and they came from the island where the Greek fleet was hiding. Then when they hid behind Athena's statue, the implication is that she sent them to shut up Laocoon. He had tried to warn the Trojans with that now famous saying "I don't trust Greeks, even when they bear gifts." Then he hurled a spear at the horse's underside, which groaned because of its hollowness. When he(and his sons) were killed, the Trojans interpreted it as punishment for his striking a sacred object.