Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Faulkner

Jim Morrison still alive per A Current Affair

51 posts in this topic

archer95446

yeah he is still alive.i have a friend who lives out that way,he said that last week he hired elvis,john lennon,and keith moon as ranchands!

I have always felt in my heart that Jim was still alive, but Elvis, Janis, and Jimi are gone, sad but true.

crouton

and the lindberg baby too.

No, the body of the Lindberg baby was found. :no:

mrs mojo risin01
No, the body of the Lindberg baby was found. :no:

*snip* Why would he come out after all these years?and if he did come out, there would be a media frenzy, He is a musical genius that needs to be remeberd as such, this type of bull needs to be stoped, let the man rest in peace and if he is alive out there, let him be.

And just a few questions, why has the rest of the band or his family not come forward to say that this is him in the movie?

and secondly on the site of "jim morrison a living legend" there is a picture of so called jim, why is his arms blanked out in colour?.

Mr pitts you are nothing but a gold digger! cashing in on the mans name - *snip*

Edited by SaRuMaN
Language please

McNevinz

Wow! Where have I been? Anyway, I tried the overlaying a photo of the young Jim on top of the "old Jim" and it was a good match, but thirty eight years changes much ion a face. That trick doesn't work with everybody and it does work with two pictures of different people. So, I decided to take a different approach. Instead of focussing on how much they look alike I started looking for that one similarity that was beyond the obvious and could not be denied and I think I found it. It's very subtle and if you compare their noses they are completely different at first glance. Young Jim's nose is slender, it looks symmetrical and is almost delicate. "Old" Jim's is crooked and bulbous, but look at the bony bridge of the nose and I think you'll be surprised at how incredibly similar they really are. Take a look for yourself and don't forget that the angle of these pictures are different. "Old" Jim's picture is taken straight on while young Jim's face is slightly pointed down as you can see he's looking up at the camera. Looking down at the camera is a common trick to give the illusion of symmetry in the face.

Image credit:Rodeoswest

Image credit:Rodeoswest

Right click and hit view image for a closer look. Compare the noses using the images of the full face. What do you think? Do you think the nose knows?

Edited by McNevinz

MirrorImage

holy pointless necroposting batman

Quill

Lol, Ditto...

Dang, 4 years old...

Pinky Floyd
In case anyone else is interested... :)

Click Here

Something not mentioned in your excellent post. France used to have only ONE Dr. signature needed on a valid death certificate.. (Wonder who's siggy that was..)

Ans as mentioned in your post, indeed he also used to joke with Ray Manzarek about faking death, disappearing and assuming the name 'Mojo Risin'. I also read years ago that he did spend a considerable sum of his money on "African Endeavors" (although I cannot find a link now). I wonder if that involved buying land there under a possible alias or corporation.

The guy had a 165 IQ. Doing this and pulling it off successfully was (is) well within his capacity.

McNevinz

Ha ha! Pointless Necroposting: replying to useless topics and comments relating to the supposed faked death of a celebrity. I see where you're going with that. That's funny!

Edited by McNevinz

InfraredCow

Oh yeah, just look up "Mojo Rising". I know a few people who think it is him... they're dead set on meating him too.

I think (using "think" loosely, 'cause really -- reincarnation of a famous person?! That claim is orignal... :rolleyes: ) it's all BS, but whatever!

-Natalie

McNevinz
Why can't people accept that the famous people that are dead are really that dead?

Celebrity deaths are widely accepted, being unable to accept that a celebrity could fake their own death is the issue. That is exactly why a reappearance will never be recognized. Young people don't care whether he's alive or not and people of Morrison's generation have believed he is dead for too long and they are at an age where it doesn't matter. The media can't admit it, will deny it and suppress it because in this society being wrong about a celebrities death is the biggest mistake a news organization could make. It's impossible for something like this to be revealed and to have the public believe it. If they did believe it then all faith would be lost in mainstream media. People like to believe they know what's happening to celebrities, but what they don't understand is that it's none of their business and the celebrity really has all control over how the public perceives them whether it's true or not. Jim Morrison's music was a huge part of my young life and I was always heartbroken to think he died at such a young age. I'm now glad to know that he could be living a peaceful life and not the life of a has been. I'm glad to know that celebrities really can have complete control over how the public sees them, not the media.

Edited by McNevinz

Elfstone810

Well, it's pretty obvious the original story turned out to be nothing because if the show they were talking about had proved Morrison was alive it'd be old news now.

As for whether it's possible Morrison could be alive, well . . . I think it unlikely. But, if any of the celebrities who are believed to be still alive after their deaths have been reported WERE to be alive, Morrison is probably the most likely because of the circumstances surrounding his death.

chemical-licker

it would be great to meet someone like jim morrison, but as the saying goes, never meet your heros :no:

jesspy

Does he share the farm with Elvis?

sarah snow
Does he share the farm with Elvis?

I thought Elvis worked down the chip shop? :huh:

MirrorImage
I thought Elvis worked down the chip shop? :huh:

No thats JFK, Elvis runs the barber shop, and Tupac is working as a ladies perfume designer in the back of the chip shop.

McNevinz

Golly gee Batman, the dead discussion has been brought back to life! Amazing!

Image credit: WMG,Viacom,Turner,Disney,Me

Image credit: WMG,Viacom,Turner,Disney,Me

Edited by McNevinz

sarah snow
No thats JFK, Elvis runs the barber shop, and Tupac is working as a ladies perfume designer in the back of the chip shop.

No, it's not , and here's the Kirsty McColl song to prove it ;)

There's Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis

McNevinz
Well, it's pretty obvious the original story turned out to be nothing because if the show they were talking about had proved Morrison was alive it'd be old news now.

As for whether it's possible Morrison could be alive, well . . . I think it unlikely. But, if any of the celebrities who are believed to be still alive after their deaths have been reported WERE to be alive, Morrison is probably the most likely because of the circumstances surrounding his death.

Who would prove it and if it were to be proven who would report it? Would Fox News report it or CNN? Do you think the media would actually care to pick up on a story about Jim Morrison being alive? That's totally insane as far as the media and the general public is concerned. Only looney conspiracy theorists with no lives and who are probably on drugs even consider things like that. As far as the media is concerned any DNA test that proves that a celebrity faked his own death is faked. The most important reason the media would never touch a story like that is because although it was over 30 years ago they were the same ones who reported him dead and they are the only reason the world thinks he's dead. Isn't that crazy? To believe something just because you hear it? The media is never wrong about anything. Yes, it's true our mainstream media is so unbelievably irresponsible they won't admit any mistake that they've made even if it was 30 years ago. Alternative media could report it, but they they would be risking their credibility. The public also believes Jim Morrison is dead and anybody who says otherwise is in la la land. That's how our public thinks, in black and white. They don't want to have to think about things like Morrison or anybody else faking their own deaths. It's too much for them to comprehend and Jim Morrison was also too much for them to comprehend good thing he put a stop to that.

The fact is Jim Morrison is dead and that's what I love about this. Jim Morrison is dead no matter if the guy who sang "Light My Fire" is still walking on Earth or not. The world believes Jim Morrison is dead and the persona of Jim Morrison is dead that's all we know, but it doesn't mean that man is no longer living and is buried in the ground. Just like all celebrities he was a character, unlike most celebrities he might have been intelligent enough to know when his character's time was up and he ended the show by faking his death. Some celebrities are able to hide from the public when they want to retire or have become a Hollywood has been. They can be successful at avoiding the public eye (the paparazzi), but what kind of life is that? To live in fear of having your and your families privacy intruded on at any moment by rude tabloid reporters who's goal is to not only exploit the personal lives of these people, but cross inhumane boundaries by stalking and harassing them. Unfortunately faking ones death is the only way a famous person has to completely retire from the job of being a celebrity. If Jim Morrison did fake his death my respect for him has not only been regained, it has reached a new level of respect that I've never had for an artist before. Imagine how difficult it would be on him if he did fake his death and from my simple investigation of his picture I'm very sure that he did, but out of respect for him I'm not completely sure. Not only did he have to find a way to get a gravestone in a cemetery without having a body and without anybody knowing, but he had to completely give up fame. He gave up the money, the girls, the free drugs, the parties, the connections, the band, his friends and maybe even his family so he could end the absurdist tragedy play act that Jim Morrison had become. That's integrity and he is a honest and true artist. His art exhibition was over and he ended it the only way a superstar can end it. He killed the character and became a regular person again.

The public saw Jim Morrison as a character in a movie or a story and that's exactly what he was. He was a character on TV and occasionally on stage like a play. When the character dies and then reappears in the sequel claiming he faked his death that is an unacceptable hole in the story and as far as I know has never happened in a movie. Nobody wants to see that and the story would instantly be rejected. We are OK with characters in stories dying and sometimes we are even satisfied. The main reason a fake death will never be revealed is because the public would never accept it. Even people who are members of a forum called Unexplained Mysteries and have posted 10's of thousands of comments on that site have dismissed it as old news. If these "conspiracy theorists" have dismissed it not because of disproof but simply because the story has become stale bread then how do you think the general public would react?

kallisti

I disagree with those of you who say the media wouldn't want the public to know if Jim faked his death. I think they would love it. It would sell magazines and get ratings on television$$$. I'm pretty sure this farmer dude is a fake and it is a scheme to get people to watch this movie and it will probably work.

If Jim faked his death (which I think is possible) I'd really doubt he would sacrifice his anonymity to promote some film, but what do I know? I've never met the guy.

MirrorImage

Isnt/wasnt A Current Affair the tv version of the Sun and The Enquirer?

McNevinz
I disagree with those of you who say the media wouldn't want the public to know if Jim faked his death. I think they would love it. It would sell magazines and get ratings on television$$$. I'm pretty sure this farmer dude is a fake and it is a scheme to get people to watch this movie and it will probably work.

If Jim faked his death (which I think is possible) I'd really doubt he would sacrifice his anonymity to promote some film, but what do I know? I've never met the guy.

Ha ha! "The media wants the public to know." Exactly, but the media is more concerned about what they don't want the public to know. They certainly don't want the public to know that they were wrong, and they don't want the public to think they'd buy into these "crazy ideas." Reporting Jim Morrison's reappearance is along the same lines as reporting that the unicorn in your avatar was sighted galloping through Palm Springs.

Ha ha, I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh, but the media doesn't need Jim Morrison (fake death or not) to sell magazines. I think they're doing just fine without putting their credibility at risk by claiming another dead celebrity is actually alive.

How are you so sure that this farmer dude is not Jim? How can you be sure of anything?

My experience with people of Jim's generation is that they find the antics of celebrities completely irrelevant to the significance of life. They don't care if Jim faked his death. If they believed it which they probably would not even care to consider they'd say "well good for him, I'm glad he's ok" and get back to their gardens and decaf. Jim himself might be almost 40 years older at this point and he too would not care and lose the need to keep his anonymity. He wouldn't be a kooky psychedelic icon with a rocket in his pocket anymore, he'd just be an old man who possibly breeds horses. I don't think he'd expect a flood of reporters, junkies and monkies arriving at his doorstep. That would be incredibly egotistical even for him. This crazy farmer dude isn't promoting the film he is the film.

I thought the possibility of Morrison being alive was completely amazing, but what's even more amazing is the willingness of the public to immediately shoot it down as soon as someone claims to be him. Many people think that this man is insulting Jim by exploiting his name, but what if it is Jim? Poor guy, people really didn't care about his well being and the last thing people want to believe is that Jim Morrison breeds horses. That is so not rock n' roll. If he's buried in Paris or not "Jim Morrison" is currently an oil stain embedded into the rubber soul of an overpriced Beatle boot being sold on the shelves of some Silverlake vintage clothing shop.

Edited by McNevinz

Pandora7321

I sometimes hate that when you click on a topic, it brings it up on the first page instead of the most recent page. This is why.

I just had a total Twilight Zone, slip in time moment.

Today is May 18, 2009. The first page is May 19, 2005 and says that "it will be aired tomorrow, May 20, 2005.

Yeah, I'm a goof who scanned it quickly and didn't notice 2005. I'm thinking, "Cool, gotta watch that. It's tomorrow."

I look at the date displayed on my phone. It's May 18. Wait a second, then tomorrow is May 19, not 20th. I look at my calendar, yep, still May 18. I look back at the article to make sure I didn't read it wrong. The post and the ones posted below it are all May 19th. I'm like WTF.

THEN I finally notice that it's 2005!!

Who in the "F" revived a 4 year old dead topic on whether or not Jim Morrison is really dead?? I mean seriously?? Is Jim Morrison any more or less dead now than he was 4 years ago??

MirrorImage
I sometimes hate that when you click on a topic, it brings it up on the first page instead of the most recent page. This is why.

I just had a total Twilight Zone, slip in time moment.

Today is May 18, 2009. The first page is May 19, 2005 and says that "it will be aired tomorrow, May 20, 2005.

Yeah, I'm a goof who scanned it quickly and didn't notice 2005. I'm thinking, "Cool, gotta watch that. It's tomorrow."

I look at the date displayed on my phone. It's May 18. Wait a second, then tomorrow is May 19, not 20th. I look at my calendar, yep, still May 18. I look back at the article to make sure I didn't read it wrong. The post and the ones posted below it are all May 19th. I'm like WTF.

THEN I finally notice that it's 2005!!

Who in the "F" revived a 4 year old dead topic on whether or not Jim Morrison is really dead?? I mean seriously?? Is Jim Morrison any more or less dead now than he was 4 years ago??

LOL I know how ya feel I did it the other day, then sat here feeling like I had lost a few years in time. As for the necroposting, according to some, its still a valuble topic worthy of serious discussion...as for my opinion, I was told Im not allowed to have it several pages back since some one still likes this post.

McNevinz

LOL I know how ya feel I did it the other day, then sat here feeling like I had lost a few years in time. As for the necroposting, according to some, its still a valuble topic worthy of serious discussion...as for my opinion, I was told Im not allowed to have it several pages back since some one still likes this post.

somebody had to do it. all you guys seem to be doing is sitting around policing things and reading half dates.

jesspy

was this "A Current Affair" the Australian one with tracey Grimshaw?

If it was they would do a story about Nibriu they are such idiots

they would say Morrison was on Nibriu with Elvis

Edited by jesspy