Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ministry uses dinosaurs to dispute evolution

UM-Bot

news icon rKen Ham wants to save your soul. He's so bent on that mission that he has spent 11 years in Northern Kentucky creating a museum to answer one of the most debated questions of our time:When and how did life begin?Soon, visitors to Ham's still-unfinished Creation Museum will experience his view: that God created the world in six, 24-hour days on a planet just 6,000 years old.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Enquirer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zandore

• Amalgamut

• whoa182

• hyperactive

The money should've been better spent.. rolleyes.gif

So dinosaurs were created and then became extinct in less than 6 days? ooohhh.

I dont think there is any doubt whatsoever that life evolves, its just how it was initially started that is the question, chance or design..

honestly.. rofl.gif

Of course this has be built in Kentucky. As poor as this state is, that money definitely could have been better spent. All the rest of us are going hungry, but oh, let's build a museum to show that dinosaurs were only alive for six days. BAH no.gif

ok we have seen natural selection in action. we seen evolution in action through the fossil record. we have seen the step by step proses that an animal gos through to become another animal. what is it that these people don't get wacko.gif all they have for proof is an old story book whos storys were toled for meany generations before they were ever even put in to print and then rewritten agin and agin so were is the credible evidence here? huh.gif

I believe in creationism, but no way in hell was the world made in seven days, nor is it only 6,000 years old.

The Bible states that "God's" day is like that of a thousand years to a "man's" day...there is room for science and religion to come together here. There is an obvious fossil record that proves 6000 years is an illogical unit of time for the creation story to hold any credibility.

So dinosaurs were created and then became extinct in less than 6 days? ooohhh.

I dont think there is any doubt whatsoever that life evolves, its just how it was initially started that is the question, chance or design..

honestly.. rofl.gif

635637[/snapback]

a day to god is a thousand to him

You can see in Genesis that an actual "24-hour day" wasn't made untill the "fourth day."

So, this is an indicator that the word "day" used in these scriptures means something other than a day as we know it.

Okay lads, we've got 25 million dollars! What do you say we build ourselves a hospital? What? No? Okay....how about a school? No? Okay...how about we restore some of the more improve the living conditions of our poorer citizens? No!? Okay....then let's build a pointless exhibition, that completely ignores any and all scientific evidence, so we can lie to people with big wax models.

You have to remember the Bible was written by people who were about the mental ages of 10 or 12 year olds who wrote what they saw and explained it in the simplest terms possible. The Bible is full of stories that were old even before they were finally written down, some may even be 1000 years old or even older.. Faith is one thing, and Science is another.. The State of Kansas wants us to go back to the 17th century with their evolution vs creationist in school fights, now the state of Kentucky wants the same...Ignorance is our biggest enemy.. I told everyone who would listen that electing Bush in office (in the beginning before Clinton left office) that the first thing Bush would do was get us into a war or maybe two and push his form of religious beliefs to one and all.. I am on the record.. Do the dinosaurs believe in Bush or does Bush believe in dinosaurs..

"Gallup polls since 1982 have consistently shown that about 45 percent of the U.S. population believes that God created humans in their present form sometime within the past 10,000 years."

wow!. That is terrible

"Gallup polls since 1982 have consistently shown that about 45 percent of the U.S. population believes that God created humans in their present form sometime within the past 10,000 years."

wow!. That is terrible

636753[/snapback]

indeed, the world is a frightening place. that is why so many run to religion (historically, beliefs in gods and other such "higher powers" increases during times of uncertianty or turmoil.)

Humans have been around and advanced far longer than 10,000 years. There is forth coming evidence that we may have been building sophisticated buildings and had technology about 14,000 years ago.

i think that they didnt go extinct in 6 days; God created animals on the sixth day after all! instead, noah brought them on the ark, but after the flood, the layer of water surronding the earth was gone and so it became to hostile for massive reptiles. so bye bye dinosaurs!

i think that they didnt go extinct in 6 days; God created animals on the sixth day after all! instead, noah brought them on the ark, but after the flood, the layer of water surronding the earth was gone and so it became to hostile for massive reptiles.  so bye bye dinosaurs!

636899[/snapback]

could you rephrase that please? i am not sure i understand what you are saying. are you saying that dinos lived at the same time as man?

Well isn`t it great seeing $25 million dollars being spent on something worthwhile that will help so many people!

I read this yesterday and I'm still shaking my head over it. I live close enough I should go up there, just to see it. Of course I'd walk in, and probably faint from all the, for lack of a better word, stupidity I would be seeing. Well it's what they believe. So whatever, but the money sure could have been better spent. no.gif

i think that they didnt go extinct in 6 days; God created animals on the sixth day after all! instead, noah brought them on the ark, but after the flood, the layer of water surronding the earth was gone and so it became to hostile for massive reptiles.  so bye bye dinosaurs!

636899[/snapback]

Yes, all well and good except for the fact that many dinosaurs were small...some chicken-sized.

Sigh...I can't fathom that people honestly believe all these species of animals, some enormous, could fit on a single boat. no.gif The they build great museums to back up their ideas. What a sad, sad waste of funds.

Let me just add this. The theory of evolution is just that--a theory. Albeit, it is excepted as fact. However, evolution does not explain how matter just came out of existence out of nothing nor does it give us a reason why or how birds could possibly have evoled from dinosaurs. You don't get a parrot flying out of a dinosaurs egg. Also, I've heard some issues about the dating processes, that they were faulty. I also understand that the millions of years scenario may be way off from where we are in the universe, because time is not constant from universal perspective. Please, I advise people here to go to answersingenesis.org and ICR.org, they have valid arguments contrary to evolution, of which I don't have time to go into. Please have an open mind about it and decide for your self.

Let me just add this.  The theory of evolution is just that--a theory.

Are saying that the theory of evolution is just an idea like any other thought up around the water cooler, equal in terms of validity and credibility as Johnson's (from Accounting) theory that the way to tell if a woman is interested in you is how she holds her cigarette?

Or did you mean that the Theory of Evolution was a scientific theory, meaning that it has had to meet the five pre-requisites of scientific methodology (just like every single other scientific theory in existence), has had to supply a preponderance of evidence supporting the conclusion, has had to be peer-reviewed by experts in the field for accuracy, relevance, and credibility, has had to be published in credible scientific journals so that the knowledge could be disseminated throughout the entire scientific community, exposing it to the scrutiny of thousands of people, all of which would put the theory to use and either find or not find any flaws that might exist?

Albeit, it is excepted as fact.

A scientific theory is as close to a fact as you can get without violating methodology. It is not actually a fact because every theory is required to have a method in which it can be falsified, thus making room for a theory that explains a phenomena in a more complete way.

However, evolution does not explain how matter just came out of existence out of nothing nor does it give us a reason why or how birds could possibly have evoled from dinosaurs.  You don't get a parrot flying out of a dinosaurs egg.

Evolution does not explain why matter came out of nothing for two reasons: The first is that evolution deals only with the mutation of the genome through generations, not with the beginnings of the universe. The second is because, in no place whatsoever, does science make the claim that something comes out of nothing. In fact, it does make the very specific claim that energy can never be destroyed.

Science does claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs, and it does so because it can show evidence of the specific genetic mutations that caused some of the evolutions. It does not claim that a parrot came from a dino egg because there is evidence that it came from another birds egg.

Science doesn't make claims it can't support.

Also, I've heard some issues about the dating processes, that they were faulty.  I also understand that the millions of years scenario may be way off from where we are in the universe, because time is not constant from universal perspective.

Wow, talk about knowing just enough to be dangerous. The faulty dating issues that you are referring to are the incorrect readings from radiometric dating. Does this invalidate the entire field? Of course not. Errors are expected (ever hear the phrase "the exception that proves the rule"?). It would be impossible for any method to consistently give 100% results. That is why science works on probabilities. Tests are done hundreds of times, not just one or two, and the answers is the most statistically probably one.

From this, the argument is launched that time is not consistent, which has absolutely nothing to do with radiometric dating (it is only relevant to the Quantum Physics realm), and basically only covers the first few microseconds when the universe was born.

Please, I advise people here to go to answersingenesis.org and ICR.org, they have valid arguments contrary to evolution, of which I don't have time to go into.  Please have an open mind about it and decide for your self.

637414[/snapback]

I advise people here to go to answersingenesis.org and ICR.org, they have valid arguments contrary to evolution, of which I don't have time to go into. Please have an open mind about it and decide for your self.

We don't actually have to go anywhere to hear these argument's as they keep popping up on these forums on a regular basis, and might I add that they are also debunked on a regular basis as well. grin2.gif

Talk about beating a dead horse tongue.gif

Please, I advise people here to go to answersingenesis.org and ICR.org, they have valid arguments contrary to evolution, of which I don't have time to go into.  Please have an open mind about it and decide for your self.

637414[/snapback]

I have done just as you recommend.

You are wrong. Answersingenesis.org and ICR.org do not have valid arguments contrary to evolution. I have looked with an open mind and have found only closed-minded, deliberate distortion of facts. I also found that a few minor facts that can't be explained are held up as proof that evolution is wrong while the overwhelmingly huge body of evidence demonstrating evolution is ignored.

rolleyes.gif

Evidently, we really haven't come very far from the dark ages.