Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ministry uses dinosaurs to dispute evolution

UM-Bot

I am afraid you mihty be right. no.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zandore

• Amalgamut

• whoa182

• hyperactive

On a lighter note.......

"When that museum is finished, it's going to be Cincinnati's No. 1 tourist attraction," says the Rev. Jerry Falwell, nationally known Baptist evangelist and chancellor of Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va."It's going to be a mini-Disney World."

I keep having this image in my head of biblical figures running around in costumes with goofy looking big heads.

Please, I advise people here to go to answersingenesis.org and ICR.org, they have valid arguments contrary to evolution, of which I don't have time to go into.  Please have an open mind about it and decide for your self.
I have posted this link here in this forum in the past. I will post it again.

My Webpage

Well maybe it'll give me something I can actually laugh at.

However, evolution does not explain how matter just came out of existence out of nothing

Thats because the theory of evolution has nothing to do with that. Does Pythagoras' theory deal with it?

nor does it give us a reason why or how birds could possibly have evoled from dinosaurs.

Sure it does. Do you know anything about the theory of evolution?

You don't get a parrot flying out of a dinosaurs egg.

And thats exactly why the theory of evolution doesnt say parrots came flying out of dinosaur eggs.

Also, I've heard some issues about the dating processes, that they were faulty.

Such claims are really poorly lacking in substance. I've heard claims from the hillbilly that aliens abducted his wife and impregnated her... I have yet to see any evidence.

I also understand that the millions of years scenario may be way off from where we are in the universe, because time is not constant from universal perspective.

But we're not talking about the rest of the universe, we're talking about Earth.

Please, I advise people here to go to answersingenesis.org and ICR.org, they have valid arguments contrary to evolution, of which I don't have time to go into.

I've been over those many times here. Go to www.evolutionisalwaysrightandthebibleiswrong.com, I suppose they have valid arguments for evolution and against the bible then.

Wait I got it. When this place opens I'll take a couple of friends and we can all have our pictures taken on the dinosaur with the saddle. grin2.gif

Don't take pictures at this museum. The curators might think you are trying to steal their souls and will burn you at the stake for witchcraft.

Oh, MAN!  Here's an exhibit from the museum, a dinosaur wearing a saddle!!!!

http://cmsimg.enquirer.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/...xH=280&border=0

This would be hilarious if there weren't so many people swallowing it.

638003[/snapback]

HAHAHA

I'm sure that only a Minority are going to fall for this stuff.

Well I hope so laugh.gif

Only in america heh

Edited by whoa182

Its so sad so many try to deny evolution . Not only does evolution not directly contradict religion , but even if evolution was proven false it still wouldn't prove the bible to be true any more then anything else . Its amazing that there are only a few people who realize that you can trust both evolution and parts of religion .

Meh . Some people will never get it .

638003[/snapback]

Oh my GOD!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever seen... laugh.giflaugh.gifrofl.gif

Yeah or incredibly stupid and sad, but whatever it's not my museum, sigh...

Its so sad so many try to deny evolution . Not only does evolution not directly contradict religion , but even if evolution was proven false it still wouldn't prove the bible to be true any more then anything else . Its amazing that there are only a few people who realize that you can trust both evolution and parts of religion .

639074[/snapback]

I agree.

Science does claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs, and it does so because it can show evidence of the specific genetic mutations that caused some of the evolutions.  It does not claim that a parrot came from a dino egg because there is evidence that it came from another birds egg.

637438[/snapback]

Could yu link me to this evidence? Thanks aquatus original.gif.

639074[/snapback]

But it does contradict it, Xeno. The bible says the earth is 6000 years and everything now is as it was then. Evolution says it's been millions of years and many many things have changed.

639074[/snapback]

But it does contradict it, Xeno. The bible says the earth is 6000 years and everything now is as it was then. Evolution says it's been millions of years and many many things have changed.

639294[/snapback]

Not everyone who believes the Bible believes that dating sytem. The Bible doesn't say anywhere anything about how old the Earth really is---or how long the six 'days' of creation actually were. Some people just try to trace the age through lineages, but lots of Christians disagree with that method.

639074[/snapback]

But when evolution is finally proven will it not contradict the very beginning of the Bible? If part of the Bible is proven false then the whole thing......

But when evolution is finally proven will it not contradict the very beginning of the Bible? If part of the Bible is proven false then the whole thing......

639502[/snapback]

Honestly, the beginning of the Bible contradicts itself. Two different creation stories, one where aniamls are created first, the other where man is created before animals. People have overlooked counter-productive evidence for the sake of religion before...they'll keep doing it.

638003[/snapback]

READ! star wars! well anyway, I think dinosaurs lived with man. most of them were plant eaters, or lived somewhere wher no peole lived, or people lived away from dinosaurs. I think the world is on;y 6000 years old but our minds are so small that we can't understand everything. no.gif you guys ever here about this? what do you think would be older? the rock on top? or the rock on the botom? the rock on the bottom right? well, they did a test on both and it siadi the one on the top was older, now thats wrong, adn they can get dinosuar bones wrong too. so, scientists don't know everything. plus, some bibles are made different then other bibles, so some bibles are messed up.

Edited by fallingalien

you guys ever here about this? what do you think would be older? the rock on top? or the rock on the botom? the rock on the bottom right? well, they did a test on both and it siadi the one on the top was older, now thats wrong,

Not really.

Structural Geology is perhaps one of the hardest subjects for beginning geology students to learn. It deals with geologic structures (faults and folds) that form when stresses (tension, compression, shear) act upon a body of rock. The difficulty is that it requires that the student think in 3-D -- which is a difficult skill to learn. However, there is hope! Knowing a few simple rules (and a lot of terminology) can allow even the beginning geologist to handle some rather complex structural problems. Let's get to it!

geo.utexas.edu/

Edit: Fixed link

Edited by zandore

638003[/snapback]

READ! star wars! well anyway, I think dinosaurs lived with man. most of them were plant eaters, or lived somewhere wher no peole lived, or people lived away from dinosaurs. I think the world is on;y 6000 years old but our minds are so small that we can't understand everything. no.gif you guys ever here about this? what do you think would be older? the rock on top? or the rock on the botom? the rock on the bottom right? well, they did a test on both and it siadi the one on the top was older, now thats wrong, adn they can get dinosuar bones wrong too. so, scientists don't know everything. plus, some bibles are made different then other bibles, so some bibles are messed up.

639552[/snapback]

Why do you think Dinasuars lived with man, got any evidence for that? or is it completely blind faith / belief that they did?

Why do you think the world is only 6000 years old? What evidence suggests that apart from the bible ?

Our brains are too small? wacko.gif

Do some research on this and you will find that our brains are at an optimal size. meaning if they got a bit bigger our brains would be slower.

Science knows more than the bible

Edited by whoa182

Honestly, the beginning of the Bible contradicts itself.  Two different creation stories, one where aniamls are created first, the other where man is created before animals.  People have overlooked counter-productive evidence for the sake of religion before...they'll keep doing it.

639505[/snapback]

Really? Where does it say this?

rolleyes.gif

Evidently, we really haven't come very far from the dark ages.

638022[/snapback]

my theory is that in the grand scheme of things the christian era is the dark ages (we have yet to leave them behind, although we are on the way out of the tunnel) rolleyes.gif

That's exactly what it is.

The time that religion ruled the world is now referred to as the Dark Ages by all the people who speak of it, christians and non-christians alike.

Definately makes you think.

Sometimes i marvel in my imagination in wondering how far science would have come if it wasn't punishable by death for several hundred years, and how much truth we would actually know.

rolleyes.gif

Evidently, we really haven't come very far from the dark ages.

638022[/snapback]

my theory is that in the grand scheme of things the christian era is the dark ages (we have yet to leave them behind, although we are on the way out of the tunnel) rolleyes.gif

641019[/snapback]

I hope I live long enough to see that wonderful day.

Yes, God's 'day' is one thousand Earth years (think lightyears, Heaven being in space), and even SPECIFICALLY says in Enoch that it was created in 7000 Earth years. 7000 YEARS, not 7, 24 hour days. That equals 7 of God's days and the reason why Adam died a few years off being 1000 years old, as God said 'In that you will surely die', and in that 'day' to God, Adam DID die. Dinosaurs were hybrids as per Enoch and the Nephilim/animal hybridization. They weren't created directly by God, and were the REASON for the flood, caused by asteroids hits, tsuniamis, and an eventual Ice Age.

I do still, however, support this move as it opens the gate for a better acceptance of Creationism.

Yes, God's 'day' is one thousand Earth years (think lightyears, Heaven being in space), and even SPECIFICALLY says in Enoch that it was created in 7000 Earth years. 7000 YEARS, not 7, 24 hour days.

Enoch is not in the bible nor is recognised as a biblical book by the majority of christians.

Yes, God's 'day' is one thousand Earth years (think lightyears, Heaven being in space), and even SPECIFICALLY says in Enoch that it was created in 7000 Earth years. 7000 YEARS, not 7, 24 hour days.

Enoch is not in the bible nor is recognised as a biblical book by the majority of christians.

641257[/snapback]

it was removed from the Old Testement.