Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Ghost

schadeaux

Found this on the web:

user posted image

Full Pic:

user posted image

This photo (close-up above, full image below) was taken May 25th 2003 at around 10 pm after we finished dining at a very popular steak house in old Montreal City while we were there on a weekend getaway. My wife took this photo, I tried to have her move closer in, I knew the flash would not carry the distance she was from us.

She wanted to catch the name and exterior of the historic building. A few days later when we were home, I decided to try some software programs to enhance the brightness and crop the picture. It still looked terrible, but something of interest appeared behind us. To me it looks like a man slightly turned with his back to us, he also appears to be at least 7 feet tall. He wasn't there when the photo was taken, I'm sure of that, someone that tall you notice. Kinda strange, this building dates back to the late 1600's.

No other info. Fact or Fake?

Coast to Coast site

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• Aslan

• dust19

• mandyistheshiznit

It doesn't look faked does it. The figure appears to have a beard. But am I alone in thinking it's dimensions look a little odd for a seven foot tall man?

Also, it appears to be wearing some sort of cloak or sheet or something, and you would expect that to be visible between the three people in the foreground, but it isn't.

Then again, there's a lot of dark area around the three people's feet there. A normal sized (living) guy standing on a dark object?

It looks to me like they took a pic with the man standing looking at the window, or whatever it is, and they did not notice him as it was nearly dark at the time, the size looks a bit out as he is stooped slightly so he can see in.

Actually, it looks like a drunk guy leaning against the wall and having a slash.

i think it looks like a man, but I think it could be some type of illusion. The only reason I say this is because what is supposedly his back is the same color as the continuiing wall back there. And what looks like a window or a door, may not be that at all. It may just be dark blotches on the wall that when viewed together, their negative space creates an outline similar to a back.

But it does look like a man.

if you use the edge detect facility on a paint program, the man is clearly visible.

The other side is not visible as it is too similar in colour and shade as the wall.

There's clearly something in front of the wall behind them( blink.gif )

What's the purpose of that niche that the three people are standing in front of? If it's a porch, there could be a door in the right hand wall that we can't see. Then someone could have wandered out and strayed into camera shot.

But the best explanation is probably that it's just a bloke behind them and these people just cooked up this story because the photo looks a bit eerie, or else they've just convinced themselves that there was nobody behind them at the time and therefore they MUST have taken a photo of a ghost.

But the best explanation is probably that it's just a bloke behind them and these people just cooked up this story because the photo looks a bit eerie, or else they've just convinced themselves that there was nobody behind them at the time and therefore they MUST have taken a photo of a ghost.

I agree, people can convince themselves of anything.....but really who knows? I hope I wasn't just convincing myself of any of my experiences. huh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ha Ha! 'Leaning against the wall having a slash' Good one.

Nah, it's just a bloke standing on a box. And you can call me 'Susan' if it isn't true. (He may or may not be having a slash. I don't really want to delve that far into it.) original.gif

well susan, i'm afraid i don't agree with you. probably a guy on stilts walkin' through a door, and you can call me ugly if i'm wrong.

I think it looks as if the man if being hung maybe thats why his head is a little of to one side, it also explains the elavation in height. One flaw with that theory there is no rope, but hey. wink.gif