Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cold Touch

ghosthound72

Hey Guys I would like some input on this about 9 monts ago I was sitting in my aparment alone just kicking back with a cup of joe, when I felt some thing grab my shoulder it only lasted a few seconds, but it felt like a hand grabing my shoulder, freaked the hell out of me, A lot of people I have told about this say its just a muscel reaction, this was not the frist time it had happenned, it happened a few years ago also, So my question is , has any body else ever felt something like that? also can I have some input to what you folks think it was ,

Thanks

Ghosthound

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lonecat

• coldethyl

• Mr Ed

• ghosthound72

i watched a program on tv just yesterday where they talked about how low frequency noises can have the exact effect on a person that you just talked about. it talked about the effect of low frequency noise and electromagnetic energy. both things can make ppl feel as if as though there is a presence and as if they were being 'pushed' upon. also they had visual hallucinations. it was a very interesting show.

anyway hope this helps! original.gif

In my friends old house, he said that there were always particular spaces that were cold. Some other people agreed with him, they all said the cats used to snarl at something, but they could never see what. They also said that if felt like something brushed past their hair now and again...strange.

What does "kicking back with a cup of joe" mean? Lonecat sad.gifhmm.gifhuh.gif

Edited by Lonecat

What does "kicking back with a cup of joe" mean?  Lonecat  sad.gif  hmm.gif  huh.gif

637196[/snapback]

it means relaxing with a cup of coffee.

wink2.gif

i too have had an experience of a cold sensation in many scary houses i have visited not only that but an eerie light than eminates from this cold spot its always in a cupboard and there is this inhuman humming noise 24/7 i believe a spirit of a shopassistant lives there as there is always food in the special spot and the food to is also cold!

Well, my mom had a similar feaky experience a few years back in another old house we used to live in. I believe the house was "haunted", but thats another part of the story. Around 11pm at night, my mom was walking in her room in the dark when all of the sudden I heard her scream and turn on her bedroom light. She then told me that she felt some child's hand grab her right ankle as she was walking in her room. I am her only son and I believed her because I actually saw ( believe it or not ) the full transparent ghost of a young girl around probably 9 yrs. old dressed in a long white night gown fly into the wall IN THE SAME BEDROOM MY MOM'S ANKLE GOT GRABBED.

Same thing has happend to me! sad.gif except that i was lying in bed and whatever it was it stroked my back! it scared the crap out of me i went all rigid and was afraid to move. eventually i went back to sleep, boy it did give me the creeps though

Thanks for the translation of "kicking back with a cup of joe" disgust.gif but now back to the topic....

I too have read about low frequency sound being the "definitive explanation" of the feeling of not being alone, though not of halluncinations. Would it not be a good idea to set up some machine or other device in places reputed to be haunted and also in places where no paranormal activity has ever been experienced, which would produce ultra low frequency sounds to see if they will produce such an effect. If it can be shown that such devices do indeed "give us the shivers", then skeptics can rest assured that they have the answer to the paranormal and comfortably ignore the possibility that low frequency sound might be the agent that attracts "entities" from another dimension in the first place. It could be rather like switching on the television in order to attract the TV transmission carrier waves to our screen.

I seriously think that some experiments with low frequency sound generators, (especially when there are cats around) in varying environments with careful notation thereof, might produce some interesting results. I also think it would be very helpful of skeptical debunkers but even moreso of serious scientists or people of a scientific inclination to provide us with a list of conditions in houses and other buildings old and new, haunted or otherwise, that might produce low-frequency sound waves. Then it would be easier for people to investigate paranormal events in their homes or work-places. What should be the reaction to the discovery of ultra-low sound waves in places where nobody has experienced anything out of the ordinary, I do not know but at least when we see a phantom descending the stairs with its head tucked underneath its arm we can reassure ourselves in the knowledge that this is not paranormal, just ultra low sound waves and kick back with a cup of joe. cool.gif Lonecat

As far as low freq waves--Is that like how you can "feel" that the TV in another room has been turned on?

Since you don't mention any cold spots or anything else, I'm gonna go with muscle spasm. I get bad muscle spasms in my shoulder. Especially when I first sit or lay down and start to relax. It's not really painful, just a kind of weird feeling. If it spasms in the right spot, it can, indeed, feel like someone grabbing your shoulder.

Has there been any history in the house that would lead someone to believe that is was a ghost? If not, i would work on the assumption that it was just some sort of anomoly. These sorts of things happen.

A couple of years ago, I was in Salem, Mass. and actually got to do a little "ghost hunting" per se down in the basement of the old phone company. Thing is this iswhere the people were held that were accused of witchcraft back in the day. So, there's a lot of emotion there -- a few people even died in jail while others waited there to be executed.

I took pictures for about 15 minutes or so. Just an empty room (they hav elong since given up on having a business there -- couldn't keep employess because guess why? Too haunted). After the 15 minutes though, it felt like someone grabbed my elbow. Knowing the place is highly charged, I did what any brave ghost hunter would do -- I got the hell out of Dodge!

That's my elbow grabbing story similar to the same experience, but with the room having a thick history. The lady who is the self acclaimed "official" ghost hunter in Salem said there is crazy paranormal activity in that room. I'm going to go ahead and believe her.

Wow! I wish I had the opportunity to do some study there, maybe spend a night there, preferably accomanied (just so I would have a witness of course, in case anything "interesting" were to happen.) grin2.gif I recently had my first experience of a regression to a former life under hypnosis. It was not pleasant and I was in the deepest depression for a week. sad.gif However, it was an interesting experience and I shall be going back to try again at a later date. These experiences don't happen all that often so I think you wasted a good chance there in Salem by making a "strategic withdrawal". rolleyes.gif Lonecat

Thanks for the translation of "kicking back with a cup of joe" disgust.gif  but now back to the topic....

I too have read about low frequency sound being the "definitive explanation" of the feeling of not being alone, though not of halluncinations.   Would it not be a good idea to set up some machine or other device in places reputed to be haunted and also in places where no paranormal activity has ever been experienced, which would produce ultra low frequency sounds to see if they will produce such an effect.   If it can be shown that such devices do indeed "give us the shivers", then skeptics can rest assured that they have the answer to the paranormal and comfortably ignore the possibility that low frequency sound might be the agent that attracts "entities" from another dimension in the first place.   It could be rather like switching on the television in order to attract the TV transmission carrier waves to our screen.   

I seriously think that some experiments with low frequency sound generators, (especially when there are cats around) in varying environments with careful notation thereof, might produce some interesting results.   I also think it would be very helpful of skeptical debunkers but even moreso of serious scientists or people of a scientific inclination to provide us with a list of conditions in houses and other buildings old and new, haunted or otherwise, that might produce low-frequency sound waves.   Then it would be easier for people to investigate paranormal events in their homes or work-places.   What should be the reaction to the discovery of ultra-low sound waves in places where nobody has experienced anything out of the ordinary, I do not know but at least when we see a phantom descending the stairs with its head tucked underneath its arm we can reassure ourselves in the knowledge that this is not paranormal, just ultra low sound waves and kick back with a cup of joe.   cool.gif    Lonecat

641535[/snapback]

i didn't say that low frequency noise was the definitive explanation of what happened to him, i just mentioned that i watched a progam where they stated that low frequency noises can cause what he experienced. since he didn't mention a phantom descending a staircase with it's head tucked underneath it's arm i just gave him one of a thousand reasonable explanations because i believe that is what he was asking for. he just happened to post his experience the day after i saw a program on the tv about very similar experiences and their causes. i was trying to be helpful. original.gif

and you're welcome for the translation.

Edited by coldethyl