Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian man scared to death by movie

Althalus

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A man was found dead in his seat at a cinema in the Indian capital after the late-night screening of a horror film which the director has warned could pose a health risk to those of a nervous disposition.

A police official told Reuters that the theatre's cleaning staff found the man --aged around 50 -- slumped in his seat early on Tuesday morning after the end of the screening of Bollywood's latest horror movie, "Bhoot", or "Ghost".

Police said they had found no identification papers on the man or external injuries on his body.

"Nobody has come forward to claim his body. Maybe he got frightened, I don't know," said the police official.

"Bhoot" is a spooky thriller about a possessed housewife and is set in a high-rise Bombay apartment. It is running

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• Aslan

• Kismit

• Lillian416

Top Posters In This Topic

How frightening can a Bollywood film be? It must have been all the singing and dancing that did it.

They must have thought something like that could happen, if

they had to post a warning. sad.gif

Didn't they have the same kind of concern about The Exorcist, way back when, with ambulances outside the first public screening?

It still seems a bit much. To get scared to death by a FILM?

When I get a bit jumpy watching a film I always imagine the guy holding the boom mike picking his ****.

A little too much personal information there, I suspect.

Back in the 50's they use to label a lot of the B movies that way, just to get people to come in and see them.

In my time at the place I work . We have had 3 "Bollywood" movies filmed there. I hope it wasn't anything I did ..... unsure.gif

Warning or not, there are going to be people that do things they know they shouldn't. How unfortunate sad.gif

There was an old movie called The Screaming Skull (it had a few different names though, that is the one that I know) that offered a free burial if you died of fright during the showing of the movie. Since it wasn't that good, I'm sure no one ever cashed in.