Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

11:11 What does it mean?

ADHD Inattentive

It's called a biological clock dude, I can usually guess the time and be right within 10 minutes of the accual time. Yours is just extrasensetive, really, people who get worried about this stuff need to 1.Chill out and explore their brain some more or 2.Stop getting high tongue.gif . Since yours is so sensetive, your brain knows when it is a certain time of the day... lucky you sad.gif

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• mystery-man

• SlimJim22

It's called a biological clock dude, I can usually guess the time and be right within 10 minutes of the accual time. Yours is just extrasensetive, really, people who get worried about this stuff need to 1.Chill out and explore their brain some more or 2.Stop getting high tongue.gif . Since yours is so sensetive, your brain knows when it is a certain time of the day... lucky you sad.gif

794896[/snapback]

I was wondering, you have WW2 interests right? I know for sure November 11, at 11 a.m., 11 minutes, 11 seconds means something significan that happened in WW2?

Well, I asked you on the other forum anyway (Mysticism/psyche/astrology).

• 1 month later...

Hi, I read this topic a while ago, and kinda forgot about it, until I started to experience this 'phenomenon' if that's what it is.

I work shifts, and my hours are unusual and are all over the place, there's no set pattern for the week, every day is different so I don't have a regular time for going to bed. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been waking up in the night to find that my clock says 1:11am. It's happened six times I think now and it's got me wondering.

It's a pain in the **** when it happenss and you have to get up for work at 2:30am!!! :angry:

• 1 year later...

I've been experiencing this "prompt" for quite some time. I don't remember when I started recogizing it and I don't know what to make of it. Confusing, mystifying and troubling are a few words to describe it. Now that I know that I'm not the only one, I'm even more confused, mystified and troubled.

Here's one quick example:

I was at Best Buy, looking for any new cd to listen to, but just couldn't find anything suitable. Upon leaving the store, I was sort of "pulled" toward the showcase of cd's near the front of the store. After visually skimming a few, I picked up "The All-American Rejects" album called "Move Along". I turned the cd over to review the contents and was frozen. Track number seven was entitled "11:11 p.m."

That was the first time I seen the number besides looking at my clock. That was in December. It's now February and I'm having this happen about twice a week on average. This is just... strange. It fills you with a sense of awe and, at the same time, a chill of fear. But these feelings are natural when dealing with the unknown.

The last couple of years I have been expierencing something rather odd. No its not any alien implants or stuff like that, it’s the number 11:11. I swear I see this number at least three time a day but I just cant figure out why? I’m sometimes hesitant to look at my watch or an alarm clock because of this; this is really starting to freak me out. :cry:

Does anyone else have this problem or with any other double numbers?

Example- 12:12, 1:11, 2:22 ext.

Not exactly the same, but I am constantly seeing the number 107. Could be just that I notice it more, but I swear I'll see it at least 20-30 times a day.

I havnt been on the forums for almost about a year and so, and I just remembered about this topic.

Ive been seeing 11:11 alot to! PM and AM, but mostly PM

An explanation: Perhaps we see other times too, like multiple times but 11:11 is the easiet to remember. Maybe something do with our brain finding a similiarty or something, so it makes us remember it more often.

Your not alone.I have been getting it for years.I wouldnt freak out,numbers cant hurt you.There are a few message boards about it out there if you search 11:11.Joining one might put your mind at ease.Seeing 11s is more common than you think.

Add me into the 11:11 group. This has been going on since I was a young child. Interestingly, I was adopted. It wasn't until much later in life that I found out the time of my birth was 11:11! I had always assumed that was the reason until I started to read this & found all of you.

I seen 13:37 the other day. :P

Although I used to ALWAYS wake up at 6:37.

The last couple of years I have been expierencing something rather odd. No its not any alien implants or stuff like that, it’s the number 11:11. I swear I see this number at least three time a day but I just cant figure out why? I’m sometimes hesitant to look at my watch or an alarm clock because of this; this is really starting to freak me out. :cry:

I think, I think that you are having the simptoms called Iamaattentionwhore. Here is an advanced case,

linked-image

Imo, sounds like an onset for an OCD problem-- or once you notice something you are more likely to notice again, and again & again, kind of thing...

I can't believe this topic is still going on.

Let's take a look at 11:11 for a moment.

How many months have a repeating number? hmm we have 01, 02. 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, and 12... Wow only eleven is a repeating number, geez that must mean something... guess what it does. 11 is the lowest possible interger with a repeating number. So what does that mean. For starters, the ONLY date that can have all the same numbers is november the eleventh.

Now Lets take a look at a digital clock....

The only time I will ever see all the same number on my clock is 11:11. There is no other way to have all the same numbers on a clock, again because it is the lowest possible interger with a repeating number... yes you could argue 22:22 could show up. but it won't show up on my clock or the vast majority of clocks that are not 24hr clocks.

If that is not making it click for you.

take a look, 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, they all look similar in that they are repeating numbers and you might think you should find them in about the same frequency. Well guess what, that is just not the case.

for instance:

How many buildings are there that are 11 stories tall? quite a few

and 22 stories tall? a lot but less

and 33 stories tall? even less

44 stories? .... you get the point

How many 11th streets are there? a lot

22nd strees? a few

33? streets... not a lot

44th street? ????

55th??

99???

So what are the chances of someone living on 11th streat on the the 11th floor in the 11th apartment?? not that great at all but WAY greater than the 88th street on the 88th floor and the 88th apartment.

There is no magic here, it is simply the lowest and most common repeating number. You WILL see this repeating number more than any other if you pay attention to it. It is not a sign of anything other than the fact that is the most common, so put it to rest people,

I had that problem for a week last month. I would wake up every night at 3:33am. Throughout the day I would like at clocks and they would have double numbers too. I don't know what to tell you. I sympathize though...

Imo, sounds like an onset for an OCD problem-- or once you notice something you are more likely to notice again, and again & again, kind of thing...

Yeah, kinda like the moive, 23, where the dude keeps on noticing these numbers and the more he thinks aobut it the more he sees it.

The more you think about it the more your brain will fixate upon it. I could pretty much make myself get up at 6:00 2 years ago. I was doing it for about 3 months without having to set an alarm clock. For 2 weeks I had to keep telling myself I need to wake up at exactly 6:00, and at first I wouldn't, gradually I started to get closer and in the end I didn't even have to think about it before I went to bed. This just goes to show that your brain can pick up certain times that are meaningful to you and give you great interest. I also seem to see 11:11 a lot, and I think your brain fixates upon it because it is so simple and so appealing. The only number that can be on a digital clock that has 4 integers that are the same. The more you will think about it the more your brain will fixate upon it and it will distinguish it. With so many people experiencing it, there is really nothing paranormal about this. It is merely your brain recognizing patterns and making note of them and subconsciously making you wake up or look at the clock when it is 11:11. That is my theory anyways ^_^

I asked a friend a few years ago this question -' you look at the clock and it's always ,,,,,,' her answer was the same as mine 2:22. I'll go out of my way to look at a clock , feel like I need to look at one , and there it is.

who knows why? maybe an internal clock?

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley

I swear, the first thing I opened up my eyes to was my clock and it read.. yes, 11:11 AM.

That is just too weird.. the timing was just perfect!

And guess what? I went to my CNET profile and it said this:

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:11AM PST

Again! I see it and it's not even on a clock. (Not even my correct timezone!!) It just appears out of nowhere on just about anything! :blink:

Edited by LiQuiD_FuSioN

I swear, the first thing I opened up my eyes to was my clock and it read.. yes, 11:11 AM.

You sleep late ;)

I cannot help but think there is more to this 11:11 thing. I too see it a lot and there are other things with 11. Like my mother passed away on 3/11, the same day of the Madrid Bombing. I started seeing 11 over a year ago, maybe two, and now see it every day. Also over the past year or two I have had several dreams of nucular war. Of course, this is probably the effective scare mongering of the U.S. gov and media. Never the less, I do not believe in coincidence. There is more to this 11 thing then meets the eye.

P.S.

Psychic_Student, how can you feed into that BS? Cindy Sheehan, what ever she may be, has the right to stand up against the war and should not be degraded for it. We may or may not agree with her but she has the right none the less. I find it funny, the only way people find to disagree with her is to discredit her with BS like that. What about facts, what about the truth... How easy we forget.

Edited by Jerz

Interesting because I also see 11:11 alot....in fact I have started calling weird moments 11-11 moments.

I can't believe this topic is still going on.

Let's take a look at 11:11 for a moment.

How many months have a repeating number? hmm we have 01, 02. 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, and 12... Wow only eleven is a repeating number, geez that must mean something... guess what it does. 11 is the lowest possible interger with a repeating number. So what does that mean. For starters, the ONLY date that can have all the same numbers is november the eleventh.

Now Lets take a look at a digital clock....

The only time I will ever see all the same number on my clock is 11:11. There is no other way to have all the same numbers on a clock, again because it is the lowest possible interger with a repeating number... yes you could argue 22:22 could show up. but it won't show up on my clock or the vast majority of clocks that are not 24hr clocks.

If that is not making it click for you.

take a look, 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, they all look similar in that they are repeating numbers and you might think you should find them in about the same frequency. Well guess what, that is just not the case.

for instance:

How many buildings are there that are 11 stories tall? quite a few

and 22 stories tall? a lot but less

and 33 stories tall? even less

44 stories? .... you get the point

How many 11th streets are there? a lot

22nd strees? a few

33? streets... not a lot

44th street? ????

55th??

99???

So what are the chances of someone living on 11th streat on the the 11th floor in the 11th apartment?? not that great at all but WAY greater than the 88th street on the 88th floor and the 88th apartment.

There is no magic here, it is simply the lowest and most common repeating number. You WILL see this repeating number more than any other if you pay attention to it. It is not a sign of anything other than the fact that is the most common, so put it to rest people,

I completely agree. Im open minded, but come on...a group of angels using a digital clock to remind humankind to be good?? If there were angels trying to get the attention of so many people all over the world, you would think they would do something a little less subtle..like write a message in the sky with clouds or something...

People probably aren't seeing 11:11 anymore than they see 7:14 or 3:29 or 4:01. It's just that the human brain like patterns, and can notice and remember them much easier than things we see as 'random.'

Think about phone numbers...which is easier to remember: 221-1122 or 538-7694? The brain remembers patterns...its the reason for pneumonic devices.

The average person probably looks at clocks (or a series of numbers in general) hundreds of times a day. Its such a inconsequential thing that most of the time the number is stored in short term memory, and then dumped cause it isn't needed. But, if a pattern is detected, it might stick alittle longer. And not only that, once you 'realize' that you see the number 11 alot, you will notice it where before, you would have never remembered it.

We have all had this happen: a word you dont remember ever hearing in your life is taught to you. suddenly, you are hearing it all over the place. for example, i remember being in middle school and having centrifugal as a vocabulary word in my english class. suddenly, i was hearing that word on the news, in daily conversation, etc. i couldnt understand why once i learned a word, it suddenly was being used everywhere, but then as i got older, i realized that it wasn't being USED any more, its just that I NOTICED it more.

Same effect, but even moreso with repetitive numbers.

But, by the way, I happen to see the clock at 9:11 all the time. Another memorable number, especially for Americans...

Edited by SunDogDayze

I completely agree. Im open minded, but come on...a group of angels using a digital clock to remind humankind to be good?? If there were angels trying to get the attention of so many people all over the world, you would think they would do something a little less subtle..like write a message in the sky with clouds or something...

People probably aren't seeing 11:11 anymore than they see 7:14 or 3:29 or 4:01. It's just that the human brain like patterns, and can notice and remember them much easier than things we see as 'random.'

Think about phone numbers...which is easier to remember: 221-1122 or 538-7694? The brain remembers patterns...its the reason for pneumonic devices.

The average person probably looks at clocks (or a series of numbers in general) hundreds of times a day. Its such a inconsequential thing that most of the time the number is stored in short term memory, and then dumped cause it isn't needed. But, if a pattern is detected, it might stick alittle longer. And not only that, once you 'realize' that you see the number 11 alot, you will notice it where before, you would have never remembered it.

We have all had this happen: a word you dont remember ever hearing in your life is taught to you. suddenly, you are hearing it all over the place. for example, i remember being in middle school and having centrifugal as a vocabulary word in my english class. suddenly, i was hearing that word on the news, in daily conversation, etc. i couldnt understand why once i learned a word, it suddenly was being used everywhere, but then as i got older, i realized that it wasn't being USED any more, its just that I NOTICED it more.

Same effect, but even moreso with repetitive numbers.

But, by the way, I happen to see the clock at 9:11 all the time. Another memorable number, especially for Americans...

I agree that we tend to notice patterns, ever if they have no real meaning. I also do not think it is a flock of angles with nothing better to do. Still, have you ever had a dream that came true or had a feeling that something was going to happen and then "bam" it happened? I know I have. This is one reason to give this 11 thing more thought. Maybe everyone that is seeing it has something in common, like core beliefs or qualities?

Then again, if I went to bed earlier I would not see it on the clock evey night.... hmmm.

I agree that we tend to notice patterns, ever if they have no real meaning. I also do not think it is a flock of angles with nothing better to do. Still, have you ever had a dream that came true or had a feeling that something was going to happen and then "bam" it happened? I know I have. This is one reason to give this 11 thing more thought. Maybe everyone that is seeing it has something in common, like core beliefs or qualities?

Then again, if I went to bed earlier I would not see it on the clock evey night.... hmmm.

Yeah, I definitely can't say that there is NOTHING to the 11:11 phenomenon. I just don't think it's a fantastical as some of the previous posts have suggested.