Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Waking of the Dead

BurnSide

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Walken

• Shakezulah

• ~Nemesis~

Ahh, but the original Dawn of the Dead was a direct sequel to Day of the Dead,

771436[/snapback]

You mean Night Of The Living Dead grin2.gif

Edited by nick_fury

Yes, i do. crying.gif

Burnside and Disinterested,

I finally had time to read this entire thread uninterrupted. My hats of to both of you. Excellent story so far! I think however you are correct. You need to the actual outbreak to tie it together and progress, but not in a cheesy was.

As you know I live in Toronto where we had the SARS outbreak a couple of years back. We had the local media downplaying the story and urging calm along with local health officials. Yet hospitals/ nursing homes/ clinics etc were all in emergency/disaster mode. Meaning they were basically shut down to the public. People tried not to congregate in large groups and looked at anyone who appeared ill with suspicion. ( I know I had bronchitis during that time and you should have seen some of the looks I got on the subway ohmy.gif ) Unfortunately Chinatown was completely deserted. Emergency services like police/ fire/ ambulance would show up with masks and gloves. Yet I only ever saw one person with a mask on the subway.

Meanwhile we had the international media (CNN) blowing the story out of proportion. They were showing scenes from Asia and claiming it was downtown Toronto ( pahleeze, Ted Turner! I know what my city looks like!) . WHO gave Toronto some sort of black mark (can't remember what it was called) and then Toronto was basically shut down.

It was confusing because the rational part of me kept saying be reasonable, no need to go to panic stations. Yet the baser more instinctual part of my brain was screaming "DANGER!" In the end we all waited and watched and picked up the pieces after.

Dunno if any of that helps.

You are both very talented and I can't wait to read more grin2.gif

That sounds scary-fied, Dot.

Glad I wasn't there. no.gif

Thank you for sharing that Dotty. We are of course about 5 hours away and as such we felt a little bit un-attached to Toronto, but at the same time the danger was being felt here to right down to the fact that everyone was wearing the now-dubbed 'SARS masks'. A few friends were unfazed though, they were happy in some aspects because we got really really cheap flights to TO. heh

If i do ever get around to restarting and continuing this story, that is something i will be writing in. original.gif

Don't hold your breath, mate. hmm.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided, i'm going to continue this story. Yes, that's right.

HOWEVER. I'm going to be starting from scratch. Re-writing almost in full, keeping the concept, but making it more, well, professional.

It's going to be a very LONG process, so you may not even see updates for a very long time.

Why?

I'm aiming for publishing. thumbsup.gif

Now. I'm looking for a favur from some of the artists of this site. I'm looking for a cover to this story. Something from what has been given so far. If anyone wants to step up to the challenge they can feel free to post their works here, and if i choose it, and the book is published one day, they'll recieve a reward for their hard work. original.gif Cheers guys, and stay tuned.

Are there any really good zombie books out there? (Besides Goosebumps and stuff like that, of course)

I don't really know. The Resident Evil novels are excellent, but i can't say i've read a zombie fiction other than those.

Hmmmm... maybe yours will be the first of a sensation that will sweep the entire western hemisphere!

• 1 year later...