Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You Reap what you sow

XANITHAR

I used to hate god. Then I just stopped hating him and forgot about him altogether, until he reminded me that life is a test.

A test huh? A test for what?

Lets see, I know why so many people deny or hate God. Because god is a father. He's like family. Most of us hate or bicker with our families from time to time. Some of us even disown family.

Please... In order to hate him because he's family, you'd have to believe in him first.

YOu can choose to disagree and say evolution created us, but just look at the intricate detail of life.

And now you make the common misconception that evolution means no god. rolleyes.gif

God is the worlds greatest artist.

Well, here we go. As much as I hate it, in order to get my point across, I'm going to have to fight fire with fire. God doesnt exist.

Would you want someone who makes fun of you, who plans to steal from you or hurt you to live in your house?

Precisely why, if I believed in the christian god, I'd have second thoughts about living with him in heaven.

So the way I see it, life is a test and those who just simply want to hate him for no reason or won't give him a chance shall not enjoy his hospitality.

No... they'll burn in hell right? God's hands are tied. He cant do anything else but torture them for eternity, right?

Not only that, but he's supposed to be all loving too...

All those who find hard times in your lifes, don't blame god. Thank him no matter what happens to you.

THank him for what? Setting them up for a life of harship and misery? Ever think that maybe that is why some people who believe he exists hate him?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amalgamut

• hyperactive

• Pyxis

• starlitkate

This argument hardly holds any grounds anymore, atleast in my opinion. The universe is so elegant in it's design and scientists come closer and closer to figuring it out. God is a manmade thing that is used to describe what we cannot understand. Why is it so hard to perceive that the universe came into being without A conscience mind behind it? I don't understand why people cannot think outside of that concept.

638865[/snapback]

So I guess its just chance that Earth is the only planet in the solar system to have tectonic plates (which we all know that life could not exist today without these).

I guess the fact that Earth is the only inner most planet to have a moon is just chance. Why not Venus? or Mercury? (Mars has moons, but they are asteriods) Without the moon, life on Earth would not exist. Not only that, but without the moon being as proportional as it is to earth, life would not exist.

To go even further, the moon is exactly the same size in the sky as the sun. Now, tell me, what are the odds of this happening? Considering the moon has slowly been moving away from earth since it came into orbit. But now, with human life, it is exactly the same size in the sky as the sun. Chance you say?

I guess its just chance that the earth is the only planet that can sustain life, thanks to the atmosphere blocking out deadly radiation from the sun. Not to mention providing us with the perfect atmospheric pressure to sustain human life, as well as an abundance of oxygen and water. To go even further this atmosphere has held up for millions of years, and still holds up today.

I guess its just chance that Venus, our sister planet, is very similar in the shape and size of earth (as well as its position to the sun), yet its the most hellish planet in the solar system. It is the closest planet to Earth and the closest in size to the earth, yet the surface on Venus is nothing like Earth. Put an 18-ton truck on Venus, and it will be crushed by the atmospheric pressure and turned into a pool of liquid metal in mere seconds. Put an 18-ton truck on earth, and people will hop in it and drive it for years.

I guess its just chance that humans are the most intelligent species that have ever roamed the earth. We are much smarted than any other race of animal. No other animals in the earth's history have even come close to the accomplishments that humans have.

I guess its just chance that all of these things are a result of a huge explosion billions of years ago that occured naturally.

Tell me, what are the odds of all these things mentioned above happening naturally?

638965[/snapback]

I believe in science, as I have stated before. View the universe for a second as a living organism. It started off with singularity. Within singularity energy and matter where symmetrical, or equal. Now let me compare the symmetry to that of a developing embryo. A few days after conception it consists of a perfect sphere of cells. Each cell is the same and it looks no different than the others. (Much like our universe in the state of singularity.) Although the embryo is beautiful, it is rather useless. As being a perfect sphere, it cannot preform any useful functions, thus like the state of the universe in singularity. For some unknown reason a catalyst caused the big bang to occur, thus breaking the symmetry. The universe expanded and formed into what we know as today. It just so happens that earth is the only suitable planet for life, thus we are able to develop. The earth was not made for us, as Snake_6024 said, we were made for the earth. With how elegant the universe is in itself, there is no need for a God to make it. It's design is woven beautifully. Therefore, metaphorically speaking the universe is God. But do I think of God as a supernatural being, or that we were made in God's image? No.

Edited by Discordia

@Discordia:

well put.

the simplicity of the universe is the wonder of it.

born of one, all within connected.

there may be many more planets with life on them.

life is the history of increasing complexity, it is the result of events, not events for the result.

glad to hear from you. there are those that also would postulate that the universe, as a dissipative dynamic system is alive. certianly the arguement has merits (and more merits than any of the relgious alternatives). do you belive the universe has what the laymen call a consciousness?

I haven't read what Laymen has said, although I definitely will look into that now. I do believe in a sense the universe could have a consciousness, but not like our own.

It amazes me that we can look upon the complexity of the computer in front of us and not deny that it had a creator. Yet we look at the complexity of a single cell or gaze into the universe above us and still deny it was a creation.

Irish

I haven't read what Laymen has said, although I definitely will look into that now. I do believe in a sense the universe could have a consciousness, but not like our own.

640052[/snapback]

laugh.gif

indeed not like our own!

thumbsup.gif

i dont hate god, coz i dont believe in him

and please refrain for telling me that i HATE him, u cant tell people how they feel

Edited by LittlePrincess

(sic)...I do believe in a sense the universe could have a consciousness, but not like our own.

God's can you imagine if it did have a consciousness like our own!?

user posted image

I can see it now; our Galaxy, in all it's personal insecurities and loaded with anti-depression meds, sits down for a long read: "How to connect with your inner nebula!"

user posted image

Seriously though, I believe there is an energy/power, behind everything in creation. Call it a consciousness, goddess/god etc... It's all subjective and if a belief system makes the believer a better person to share this world with, I don't care if they hold the faith that chipmunks are holy! innocent.gif

Of course that would wewe p*** off the Rooster prophets, feather butt little uppity's that they are. user posted image

tongue.gif

Goddess Whispers

Erm, it does....

Angels-Stars

Heaven (10 levels)-space

Hell (10 levels)-also located in space

God-Also in space, at the highest point/level, created universe, including tiny spec of a planet called Earth with mortal humans

Earth-This one's also in space, wouldn't ya know it

They way some people think the Earth is the centre of the Universe and the planets et al just revolve around us. Such small-minded thinking. And everyone wants to go to space. You can! One requirement though, deep space especially, you have to be dead. tongue.gif

Welcome to the board Xanithar. original.gif Ignore the people on here who try to convert anyone believing in God, from whatever religious viewpoint, to their religious belif of science and evolution. Or, you could do what I have in the past and wage war. tongue.gif Eh, either way, no one's gettong converted lol.

You, know, technically, for everyone saying their is no feminity in Judeo-Christianity, firstly there is Mary (some people refuse to respect her, I consider that sexism) and the Shekinah, of whom Jesus said it would be worse to insult that He, is actually female. The Holy Spirit is in the Hebrew language, female. So, thereby, Elohim, two parts male, one part female (the genders of the word broken up), is actually Male-God, Jesus, and Female-The Holy Spirit, or Shekinah.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

Princess, I though you said you believed in God? Maybe I am mistaken...

640819[/snapback]

LOL and where did i say that?

i can assure you that i have NEVER said i believe in god thumbsup.gif

Well I believe there's something, but after 27 years as a Christian, I know that ain't the way. Do I deny God? Well Biblegod I do. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. That you get back what you put out.

I certainly know some people who's got it coming. I'll have my own to pay for.

Now, I've never been the happiest person, but recently I must have p***ed the Devil off (for lack of a better deity) cause I'm pretty much getting kicked in the teeth and spit in the face every day. That's gonna change. But not because of some all knowing God, who watches us from some cloud up above. Cause if he is there, he seems a cruel and evil master.

I even broke down the other night and prayed. I prayed with everything in me for a stop to the pain and misery. I even cried (something I've done a lot of lately as well). Of course there was no answer and the pain was worse when I woke up. Sound fair?

If there are any responses to this I can probably guess it might go something like this: God heard you, but sometimes you must suffer.

Maybe not exactly like that but something close. That's no God I want to worship. He seems to promote suffering. It's like his favorite thing. Suffering happens to everybody, in fact it's been like a disease the last few years. I seem to have gotten more than my share. I'm tired of it, but there's nothing I can do to change it at the moment. But I know it's up to me.

I've moved past the belief. Maybe one day I'll find my heart and find new belief, as for now. I don't believe in magic anymore. Of any kind.

Well I believe there's something, but after 27 years as a Christian, I know that ain't the way.  Do I deny God?  Well Biblegod I do.  I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.  That you get back what you put out. 

I certainly know some people who's got it coming.  I'll have my own to pay for.

Now, I've never been the happiest person, but recently I must have p***ed the Devil off (for lack of a better deity) cause I'm pretty much getting kicked in the teeth and spit in the face every day.  That's gonna change.  But not because of some all knowing God, who watches us from some cloud up above.  Cause if he is there, he seems a cruel and evil master. 

I even broke down the other night and prayed.  I prayed with everything in me for a stop to the pain and misery.  I even cried (something I've done a lot of lately as well).  Of course there was no answer and the pain was worse when I woke up.  Sound fair? 

If there are any responses to this I can probably guess it might go something like this:  God heard you, but sometimes you must suffer. 

Maybe not exactly like that but something close.  That's no God I want to worship. He seems to promote suffering.  It's like his favorite thing. Suffering happens to everybody, in fact it's been like a disease the last few years.  I seem to have gotten more than my share.  I'm tired of it, but there's nothing I can do to change it at the moment.  But I know it's up to me. 

I've moved past the belief.  Maybe one day I'll find my heart and find new belief, as for now.  I don't believe in magic anymore.  Of any kind.

641649[/snapback]

If you can t make it out of there yourself,you should maybe find a person that can help you?

Edited by Snake_6024

Oh I can make it. It'll be a like clawing my way out, but I can make it. It's just right now, I have no desire. Got to feel the bad first.

Oh I can make it.  It'll be a like clawing my way out, but I can make it.  It's just right now, I have no desire.  Got to feel the bad first.

641743[/snapback]

If it were not for the rain you would never appreciate the sunshine!

Chin up! all things in balance. There must be something great on your horizon thumbsup.gif

There might be. I'm not even going to think about the future.

Goddess Whispers

Erm, it does....

641456[/snapback]

With all respect, you are incorrect, relative to the previous discussion comparing Universal consciousness to that of human consciousness.

Consciousness - (Noun) The state or condition of being conscious.

A sense of one's personal or collective identity, including the attitudes, beliefs, and sensitivities held by or considered characteristic of an individual or group: Love of freedom runs deep in the national consciousness.

Special awareness or sensitivity: class consciousness; race consciousness.

Alertness to or concern for a particular issue or situation: a movement aimed at raising the general publics consciousness of social injustice.

In psychoanalysis, the conscious. (*Source Link*)

What you might be referring to when you say that the Universe has the same consciousness as human beings, is known as Unified Field Theory/Consciousness.

Excerpt: (re:Unified Field Theory/Consciousness)

"Everything is Energy.

There is no singularity or One-ness,

for every-thing exists in a Unified Field.

The Unified Field of Consciousness is the Source of Creation,

the no-thing which contains every-thing

the source and substance of every-thing known and unknown

from and within which all experience is constructed."

(*Source Link*)

By definition, while relative to including the human entity in the grand scheme of all things created (i.e.unified field theory/consciousness), the genesis of human consciousness, though sourced from the energetics of the unified field, is uniquely subjective to the reality of human existence or beingness.

It is with deep regret Ashley-Star*Child, to read in your reply that included your address to my observation of the subject of this discussion, that you believe you need "war" with people, that exchange on a subject of this nature, so as to defend your faith. (sic)"... Ignore the people on here who try to convert anyone believing in God, from whatever religious viewpoint, to their religious belief of science and evolution. Or, you could do what I have in the past and wage war."

This is a discussion forum.

As such people share their viewpoints, personal ideals, and philosophy with those that care to read and or insert their own opinions on an issue. It is my observation that no one has ever tried to convert anyone away from their belief(s), in any format. Whether that be religious, scientific, or other. The whole point of joining a community dedicated to discourse is to share idea's and viewpoints.

If you are secure in your faith you do not see others viewpoints as a threat, but rather as their exercise of the same right to hold that belief(s) as you expect to be afforded by others. If you expect respect for your opinions, you must first show respect that other's are entitled to theirs. wink2.gif

"True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance. " Akhenaton

And with all due respect I am not incorrect it's a matter of opinion/faith/belief. Like I've said, no one's being converted here, don't try and change my beliefs, I've studying them, experienced them, and respect them enough to know that I have very good reasons for my somewhat different belief system which IS backed up by text.

Anyway, Pyxis,

Well, most of the time when I pray, even with seemingly impossible things, God hears me and well answers. Sometimes, however, looking bac on a few things in my life wheich did not get answered there were very sound reasons for it. Have a little patience, I'm sure theey're busy up there lol. I don't agree God sends suffering on purpose, this is a 'new' train of thought. When things go right God is blessing you, when they go wrong, God is testing you. Maybe you're problem (and yes, astrology IS linked to God, He very specifically said in one of the texts that He made the horoscopes for every newborn baby, etc) is a bad astrological transit (astrology beyond you Sun Sign), not that that is going to help the situation, but it may explain why your life isn't going so well - and how long you have to sit it out/learn from it.

However, I'm going to pray that God answers you, not that my prayers are any better than yours, but two people prarying tends to get the message there a bit quicker, I think it gives Him a headache lol j/k. I have no idea what it is you need help with, so, I'll just ask for you generally. If God answers you, what will you do?

LOL and where did i say that?

i can assure you that i have NEVER said i believe in god thumbsup.gif

641526[/snapback]

Sorry, I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else.

Man, Goddess...you avatar has got to go!

643060[/snapback]

why would that be! rolleyes.gif the goddess is your friend..... devil.gif

If God answers you, what will you do?

Well see, what if he doesn't? I can't answer that question now, cause I don't know the answer. Time will tell.

Goddess I like your avatar. It is different. This is okay with me. thumbsup.gif

Maybe the gremlins won't take it away. no.gif