Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolf Sighting

VirtualSanity

i wish i got to see all these neat creatures!

all i see are bears, cougars, geese, wood ducks, mallards, herring gulls, starfish, seals, wolves, coyotes,.....

if only i got to run into a werewolf!

Not literally I hope! If there actually were such creatures it sounds like it could get messy..

..I like your Harlequin duck avatar, BTW! thumbsup.gif

Not literally I hope! If there actually were such creatures it sounds like it could get messy..

..I like your Harlequin duck avatar, BTW!  thumbsup.gif

641203[/snapback]

thanks.

i almost missed him! i was photographing rocks along the river and almost didn't see him along the other side (and then of course after i saw him his mate poped up from behind another rock!)

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but where in Maine, since I am a local Mainer myself. My first post was on the "Creature of Wales Maine" from last year, which I will gladly place right...about...here...

Just got done reading the thread now. I would be interested to know a whereabouts on the location. As TheOriginalF said, there aren't bigfoot sightings in Maine. There was one about ten years ago they reported on the news (Kim Block was excited,) but it turned out to be a cardboard cutout someone had placed in the woods.

That said, though populous in the state, black bears are rarely seen alive or dead, so it might have been checking out your camp. Also, let's not forget that we are seeing a reintroduction and population expansion of wolves and bobcats. Or depending where you are, it might have been this mysterious animal prowling my neck of the woods (pun sort of intended.)

Also, I am suspicious of the way this story was told. Not to discredit you, since more than likely you saw some sort of animal, but you related it to us like you were trying to spook us around your said campfire.

Heck, it could've been a moose. That has happened to me at night before. Very eerie, but didn't eat me. thumbsup.gif

Yes dipaolo13, those darned moose can sneak up and scare the poop out of you if you're not careful. They can be very creepy at night too especially when you don't expect them.

I'd have to go with the bear explanation myself..People think of bears as large, fat bulky creatures that are unmistakeable, but standing on their hind legs they can sometimes seem quite a thin and even wolf-like..

Especially if they've recently emerged from hibernation with their fat reserves low..

Add this to a psychological factor of a large creature near you in the woods at night and you've got a recipe for a "Werewolf" if I ever saw one..

641167[/snapback]

I was going to say this myself. I've seen some pretty skinny bears in the springtime, just after they come out of hibernation and some have rather long narrow snouts to begin with. Bears will also act the way you spoke of....growling and snuffling as though they trying to say something, and they will stand on their hind legs, especially when they smell something interesting. Your fire is no doubt the reason it didn't come any closer, though if you were roasting any marshmallows or wieners the smell may have been what drew it to your camp.

Last spring we had a bear come into our yard and literally rip apart a heavy wooden garbage storage bin. He broke the 2" X 4" wooden frame in two. My hubby attempted to shoo him away and when he did the bear stood on his hind legs and told my hubby off. grin2.gif He was a skinny old bear, but still stronger than an ox.

An American werewolf in Maine?

The probability of this being authentic is approximatly 1/ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Werewolves prefer Europe.

An American werewolf in Maine?

The probability of this being authentic is approximatly 1/ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Werewolves prefer Europe.

641411[/snapback]

So there is a posibility then?? lol

Edited by XSAS

I apologise for my drunkeness this morning.

I think its funny that soem people have denied its a werewolf and put it down as a bigfoot/skunk ape!

No offence to anyone I just find that funny tongue.gif

I apologise for my drunkeness this morning.

I think its funny that soem people have denied its a werewolf and put it down as a bigfoot/skunk ape!

No offence to anyone I just find that funny tongue.gif

641709[/snapback]

You shouldn't post if you are drunk and make no sense.. and why is it funny that this is not a werewolf and not bigfoot ?

Theres all manner of things I should'nt do when I'm drunk but I do so enough of your preaching.

What I mean is you'd expect someone to say its not a werewolf its a bear or something thats real life- but to say its no that its another cryptid tickles me a bit.

I am not preaching I found it stupid trying to make out what you wrote, as for dismissing the werewolf for another crytid, I think it is purely because there is more evidence to support this being a bigfoot I have seen very few photo's or videos of werewolves and in my own personal view a werewolf is more folk lore than crytid.

I have to agree and has the initial poster has not got back to us, I would be inclined to think more along your time waster theory.

And maybee they wern't killed but just turned into werewolves?

the whole more bigfoot evidence than werewolf evidence i can clear up for some people, if werewolves really do exist i think they would do their damndist not to be seen or draw attention to thenself because unlike big foot 'werewolves are people and animal, bigfoot is just an animal and would have no reason not to be seen it makes no difference to him.

You make a good point Sibyll. But , there is always alot of talk between BF believers about shying himself away from human contact. I think it would make a difference to a BF if they were seen or there was concrete eveidence, i.e a body.

Like I said,I will sit on the fence until a body turns up . But theories that bf has a six sense about cameras really does not add to credability.

• 2 years later...

Since i get the impression you were young at the time of this incident, we all must recognize the amazing imagination kids possess. I'm not saying you didn't see SOMETHING, but if it frightened you, why no screams, why didn't you tell your parents?

Ugh, I hate reports like this... why call it something if you don't know what it is?

You didn't see a werewolf, you sw a big furry creature. Describe it in detail and let people offer suggestions. Unless you clearly saw a man turning into a bipedal canid, you did not see a werewolf. Don't make up an answer in your head before you ask a question.

Ugh, I hate reports like this... why call it something if you don't know what it is?

You didn't see a werewolf, you sw a big furry creature. Describe it in detail and let people offer suggestions. Unless you clearly saw a man turning into a bipedal canid, you did not see a werewolf. Don't make up an answer in your head before you ask a question.

How do you know what he saw or didn't see? You don't.

This is a very good point. Werewolve are; more likely than not, just scary stories. However, there is a theory that there may be a large unknown species of canine, which could very well resemble something that would look like a werewolf. Like the Beast of Bray road or the Dogman. Still, it would be nice to have some more information from you. Like for example, the name of this lake you were close to? What time of year? Weather? You know, stuff like that.

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan.

• 1 year later...

lycans dont usually travel alone mostly in packs or groups it must of been wounded or exiled or a nephilim on it but either way you are lucky it did not attack i have seen them when there hungry it could of been bad real fast with out proper training you are blessed seg le angel

lycans dont usually travel alone mostly in packs or groups it must of been wounded or exiled or a nephilim on it but either way you are lucky it did not attack i have seen them when there hungry it could of been bad real fast with out proper training you are blessed seg le angel

Lycans don't normally travel at all.

Because they don't exist beyond the imaginations of Hollywood or the misuse of the phrase Lycanothrope.