Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolf Sighting

VirtualSanity

Used to live in Maine. I don't know about werewolf sightinga, but there is credible speculation on there being Dire wolf sightings.

This thread is dire, does that count?

• Like 1

Look. I believe in werewolves because it makes me feel empowered. Do I think they exist. No. Show me one and I will change my mind. My belief is based on a romantic notion in my mind and I like it there too bad for everyone else.

Do I believe in bigfoot and Nessie and aliens and travellers from the past . No. Why would they care about us. How do they avoid capture or exposure. Show me a bigfoot and we can braai it . Eat something exotic. It's not going to happen.

But I understand the thrill of it. I am always in search of a bigger fish when fishing. It's an addiction.

But seriously. If you are going to waste your money like that I have some things you might be interested in.

What is more of a mystery is why this was brought back after 9 years..

For some reason it gets bumped every full moon... ;)

For some reason it gets bumped every full moon... ;)

Must be. I log in one or two times every six months or so. And this thread is always there. Stalking me. :yes:

• Like 1

Must be. I log in one or two times every six months or so. And this thread is always there. Stalking me. :yes:

Your avatar says it all, full moon in Spain tonight by any chance? ;)

Your avatar says it all, full moon in Spain tonight by any chance? ;)

Sadly, no. The full moon was last saturday. Don't ask why I know it. ;)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Dear Kate Allen,

I do believe you. I know a lot about werewolves and it sounds like a true story about a werewolf. It actually sounds like a werewolf half way transformed. Not a lot of people know about this. Even though they may say they do after you tell them about it, they wouldn't really understand. People may say that you are crazy but believe your own eyes, you saw it and so did your friend. If you want any information, you can text me on this website.

Sincerely,

Wolfa37

Dear Kate Allen,

I do believe you. I know a lot about werewolves and it sounds like a true story about a werewolf. It actually sounds like a werewolf half way transformed. Not a lot of people know about this. Even though they may say they do after you tell them about it, they wouldn't really understand. People may say that you are crazy but believe your own eyes, you saw it and so did your friend. If you want any information, you can text me on this website.

Sincerely,

Wolfa37

So, why do you think werewolves are remotely possible? What makes you comfortable dismissing all natural laws in favour of the existence of a fantasy creature?

• Like 1

So, why do you think werewolves are remotely possible? What makes you comfortable dismissing all natural laws in favour of the existence of a fantasy creature?

I feel like they did a kind of like a bump podo trying to get it started again. That being said I'll play along i think that the op may have saw something they couldn't identify. Unless there has been new discoveries in the world of nature about werewolves or the ability to shape shift It's probably just a misidentified sighting. I am in no way saying they are crazy or didn't see something I just need more evidence to consider the werewolf.

I feel like they did a kind of like a bump podo trying to get it started again. That being said I'll play along i think that the op may have saw something they couldn't identify. Unless there has been new discoveries in the world of nature about werewolves or the ability to shape shift It's probably just a misidentified sighting. I am in no way saying they are crazy or didn't see something I just need more evidence to consider the werewolf.

I agree it was a bump but my curiosity still stands. Werewolves cannot exist, fullstop. Unless we 100% do not understand the basics of biology, which anyone with a grade 8 education should be able to recite. It just can't happen. So I'm curious as to why they think whatever they saw was a werewolf.

• Like 1

At the time the op started was in a gold age of vampire werewolf fascination with the teenagers...I feel so old saying it like that. Since then it has continued to grow, maybe because of fascination or love of the subject it caused the brain to fill in the gaps with what it wanted. It's a recurring theme I have seen in the alien section.

Say for example the op just became fascinated with werewolves and when walking through the woods sees something the brain can't completely comprehend i.e another person or animal. The brain has to fix this problem and so assigns it the werewolf since it's already on the brain and something the op wanted to see.

My best theory and that's all it is, a theory is that the brain said it was a werewolf to try to make sense of something it couldn't. The op couldn't identify the person,animal, or thing so the brain decided to help fill in the gaps.

• 1 month later...

it's probably a bear to be honest as you saw the shadow of the beast.

Oh great,my first topic >.<.

Only topic, look like the werewolf got her...

• Like 2

Only topic, look like the werewolf got her...

Him too:

Dear Kate Allen,

Sincerely,

Wolfa37

• Like 1

Him too:

Crikey Thorvir...

They are either dead or there are two more Werewolves running around on the planet somewhere...

if you want any information, you can text me on this website ;)

• Like 1

Crikey Thorvir...

They are either dead or there are two more Werewolves running around on the planet somewhere...

if you want any information, you can text me on this website ;)

LOL

• Like 1

Oh great,my first topic >.<.

My topic is based on the fact that I have wittnessed a werewolf in the woods near my camp house.I'm a local Mainer,and am pretty much used to weird sights,but this,was the things that where origanlly supposed to stay in young childern's story books and in campfire tales told late at night--I was wrong.

My mother,father,a friend,and I where relaxing by the lake's shore under the glowing light of our campfire,laughing and telling jokes,when a black figure caught my eye.I hushed Emily and told her to look into the woods,as the snapping of a twig brought my attetion to another spot.A massive,wolf-like creature stood in the shadowed area of the forest.It stood on hind legs and made rather muffled growling noises as it moved,as if talking to itself.It stared at our two shocked faces for at least five minutes,the growling noises pointing in our direction.

Emily was whispering to me muffled sentances,I told her to be quiet,and then the beast was gone...

I'm not lieing,although the beast missed my parents eyes,Emily and I wittnessed a beast beyond the average imagantion,or most humans,anyway.

I am still frightened to this day to wonder if the werebeast still exsits in Miane,or if it was trying to tell us somthing,beacuse the week after there was a terrible forest fire near the town genral store.No-one was killed,and it was put out,but I still dare to wonder if the man inside the werebeast's body was trying to tell some-one about the fire.Perhaps it was arson,and he wanted to warn some-one,in hopes of stopping something before it started?

Unbeliveable,as most I think will find,as basicly all the people I have told the tale to have regcted it and took it as a lie.PLease belive me,as so far,no-one has.

Signed,

Kate Allen.

How far away were you from the creature? What physical attributes suggest wolf like over a bear like?

How far away were you from the creature? What physical attributes suggest wolf like over a bear like?

Um, that post was 10 years ago. I doubt you're going to get an answer. At least from the OP.

Did you actually read the thread?

• Like 2

Um, that post was 10 years ago. I doubt you're going to get an answer. At least from the OP.

Did you actually read the thread?

I did, but not the posting date. I usually just read the OP then a few more afterwards.

I did, but not the posting date. I usually just read the OP then a few more afterwards.

Yeah, I have to be careful about that, I've rezzed some threads when I first started that had no business being rezzed, and responded to people that didn't exist anymore.

Nowadays, I make a sincere effort to see the posting date first. If it's old, I ignore it.

I have read about many werewolf encounters in Texas, Ohio and Wisconsin. They do have red blooded shining eyes with hairy and muscular body.

However, I do think that in many cases people have misunderstood some big hairy guy who was trying to scare them with werewolf. The only difference would be of red shining eyes and strange sound wolves make.

The below link captures the real time experiences of werewolf sightings.:

http://hellhorror.com/werewolves/werewolf-sightings/