Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you believe?

Amalgamut

If God came down from heaven, would you believe it?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. If God came down from heaven, would you believe it?

• 1) Yes
    • 2) No
    • 3) Maybe

study the homunculus....

645923[/snapback]

What does a "homunculus" have to do with this conversation?

study history from a less biased source than the bible....

645923[/snapback]

Hmm...? What kind of history are you talking about?

seriously... there is an awful lot about the earliest christians recorded OUTSIDE of scripture....

645923[/snapback]

Ok, like what?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amalgamut

• hyperactive

• BurnSide

• Jodie.Lynne

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The lord of the rings trilogy is just as believable as the bible.

Don't try to back up your beliefs by what the bible says. It can't work like that.

645926[/snapback]

Don't try to compare christianity to LoTR. It can't work like that.

Thats like me trying to compare taking my trash out, to the BB. wacko.gif

By the way, you make no sense. What else am I suppose to use to "back my beliefs?" Should I use "Julia Child's Cookbook" instead?

amal: go look into classical studies....

the homunculus argument is an argument that relies on a homunculus to be valid, but since homunculi do not exist, the argument is invalid...

just like your arguments have been in this thread...

the homunculus argument is an argument that relies on a homunculus to be valid, but since homunculi do not exist, the argument is invalid...

just like your arguments have been in this thread...

645931[/snapback]

Um.......

So you are saying that a homunculus does not exist. Ok, so does this automatically mean that Christianity does not exist?! Hmmm....

I guess you are comparing the "Homunculus" to "Christianity."

Bad analogy. wacko.gif

Almost as bad as the "LoTR" analogy, but not quite as bad.

The "LoTR" analogy is pretty bad.

quote clearly christianity exits....

it is just your (christianity's) arguments are built on false pretenses rendering the entire argument false!

did you look up your roman history yet? lots of good info about the early christians recorded there..... you really need to look outside the bible more... i am not saying it will make you turn on the religion or anything, but it will help you understand it quite a bit better. the early christians were quite a bit different in their beliefs than the following generations..... fascinating stuff... everything needs to be viewed from its social/cultural/historical perspective.

If God came down from heaven and said he was the creator of the universe, and performed all kinds of miracles, would you believe it?

642267[/snapback]

user posted image

Came down where?

Yes I would I believe in miracles. It isn't impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Which God are you refering too? The monotheistic god that Abraham created or one of the several thousand that came before? As for heaven and hell, aren't they really euphemisms for good and evil?

allow me to pick apart your question

firstly i apologise as i have not read all posts so i may be repeating something or missing something if that is so please discount this post)

you question is far to vague to give a response to especially a yes/no one

what do you mean by if god came down? do you mean if i saw what i thought was god or whether god actually existed and came down infront of me and did something, and by something what does he do?

You can take many interpretations of that question and it is FAR from simple and clear. unless your demonstrating that everyone should vote "maybe" (which i believe is the right answer) since it depends on the circumstances.

do youi see what i am highlighting

it is open to more than one meaning here from what i gather are the possible meanings of the question.

Welcome CROR!

I hope you enjoy your visit here at UM Forums. thumbsup.gif

thank you Zandore, everyone has been very friendly.

I have read a few topics over the past few weeks, but have now felt it necessary to add some questions and explainations that previously i would keep to myself.

i look forward to intelligent reasoned debating, and thought provoking questioning.

These forums do us all a great service in the sense that we can help each other in both education of knowledge, and development of reasoning and coherence.

You sound like you just might fit in. Some can be a bit rude here so do not take anything to heart but with a grain of salt. thumbsup.gif

I voted "Maybe". Revelations speaks of a character who will come and deceive the world into thinking that he is Jesus Christ returned (the anti-Christ). This character will be able to perform miracles and wondrous acts to try and convince us he is the real deal. So it really depends on the situation when this God character comes claiming to be God and performing miracles as to whether I'll believe him/her/it.

I voted "Maybe".
You...A God fearing Christian voted "Maybe". laugh.gif

Which God are you refering too? The monotheistic god that Abraham created or one of the several thousand that came before?

668717[/snapback]

What do you think?

As for heaven and hell, aren't they really euphemisms for good and evil?

668717[/snapback]

Um...sure?

what do you mean by if god came down? do you mean if i saw what i thought was god or whether god actually existed and came down infront of me and did something, and by something what does he do?

668736[/snapback]

I'm referring "God" as to some being that came down from the skies, and proclaimed to be "god", and performed mircles that nobody else had ever seen.

You can take many interpretations of that question and it is FAR from simple and clear.

668736[/snapback]

I think its pretty simple. I didnt realize people would have such a tough time answering it. rolleyes.gif

unless your demonstrating that everyone should vote "maybe" (which i believe is the right answer) since it depends on the circumstances.

668736[/snapback]

There is no right answer. Its just a simple poll in where I wanted to see what people thought.