Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is NOT a fraud

gela6101

I don't know what to feel about her. I think she's fake yet I find it fascinating that she has been dead on about alot of stuff~~but hey-maybe she paid those certain audience members. Who's to say what is and isn't real anymore!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• ShaunZero

• coldethyl

^ Ya Stellar loves to pick on random ones.That's how Stellar found me. And it's always bout 'what makes your god the God' and 'how do you know your God exsist' always negativeness about beliefs over God!!

She is perhaps one of the most physcially repulsive humans in the world. Her outside matches her insides.

It's all about the nails :lol:

Derran Brown is not a psychic but i have seen him do the same stuff as sylvia for an experiment to show how these fraudsters work. There is absolutley no way that and human being can contact the dead and speak to them as she does. Youve got to understand that these people are scum and prey on people in times of great sadness. Yeah they can make people feel better, i could tell somebody that their dead loved ones are saying hello and not to worry, id be lying of course but at least i wouldnt be making money from it!

Psychics are very clever and can exploit you without you even realising it. They manipulate you into saying things or giving away clues about the loved one you wish to contact and then using it to make you believe them. There is a scientist who has offered a million dollars to anybody who can prove that they are a psychic in one of his tests, needless to say the money is still in the bank and has been for years. I dare say nobody will ever take the cash!

The only psychic i have ever seen that has made me believe that there is a 1 in a million chance of being real is a guy called Gordon smith, hes the seventh son of a seventh son. He was good but i still dont believe hes psychic. He doesnt ask if anybody knows of a john in the spirit world he never asks your name and sits you down and tells you everything without you saying a word. He was so accurate with details of the death ,dates and names (first and second) and events and attempted contacts since the death. Ive never seen any psychic do it as he does but i still think that it may be scripted or something for TV.

Edited by captain pish

She is perhaps one of the most physcially repulsive humans in the world. Her outside matches her insides.

Agreed. She can't very well have plastic surgery though, that'd make her "Abilities" even more questionable! :o

Anyway, I think it's pretty lame of her to use her "Gift from God" to make billions at the expense of the mourning faithful. So I conclude that she doesn't really have "The Gift."

GAWD :rolleyes: I can't stand it when people who have never had an experience themselves rants and raves about someone they don't even know, having a certain ability. If your going to spend this much time talking about something you truely don't know, why bother.

I bet you haven't "wasted your money on a reading" yet huh. Do us a favour before you come on here claiming what you "know." Go talk to someone who claims to have these abilities and see for yourself what they come up with about you.

There are many many many people out there who do not charge for their services, you are just not aware of them. Its not just one psychic here one there, there are families of them, people right next door to you may have these abilities and don't go around advertising thats their wish. Would it seem more viable to you if they didn't?

Not completely sure who you're addressing, but I'll reply anyway...

I think there may be real psychics, the ones who don't get rich solely because of their "gifts" that is. Sylvia claims her abilities are a "Gift from God" that he wants her to use to help people, but how is she really helping people by charging so much for a few minutes on the phone? Doesn't she already make enough money from her books? If there are real psychics in this world, Sylvia isn't one of them. That is what I believe.

Edited by MadMachine

GAWD :rolleyes: I can't stand it when people who have never had an experience themselves rants and raves about someone they don't even know, having a certain ability. If your going to spend this much time talking about something you truely don't know, why bother.

I bet you haven't "wasted your money on a reading" yet huh. Do us a favour before you come on here claiming what you "know." Go talk to someone who claims to have these abilities and see for yourself what they come up with about you.

There are many many many people out there who do not charge for their services, you are just not aware of them. Its not just one psychic here one there, there are families of them, people right next door to you may have these abilities and don't go around advertising thats their wish. Would it seem more viable to you if they didn't?

I have had a reading many years ago. CRAP.

I won't claim to know much about Sylvia Brown, and I won't claim to know much about what's been talked about on this topic(As I havn't read many of the posts). I will, however, say:

No one is perfect. Even if you're a psychic, you'll make mistakes. And I do believe that IF psychics are real, many spirits can try to get through at once, and it can throw the psychic off. It's a very plausible idea.

Ya Im actually sick of talking about this so I just erased what I was gonna say. If you don't think there are people who don't agree with you, believe me there are tons and tons. They are just mature about it, and don't feel the need to post things that are going knowhere fast. You don't know Sylvia Browne, I don't know her why don't we just leave it at that.

You probably had a reading from a fake psychic. :yes:

Yes. I believe all, I repeat all of them are fake. There has never, ever been solid proof to prove psychic powers.

Edited by ericraven2003

. You don't know Sylvia Browne, I don't know her why don't we just leave it at that.

We judge people by their actions. Sylvia is the village idiot.

Yes. I believe all, I repeat all of them are fake. There has never, ever been solid proof to prove psychic powers.

I'm soon going to have a reading myself. And if he/she's dead on, I'll believe in psychics regardless of what any skeptics say. Wich is why if the psychic IS correct, I won't even bother to talk about it on here.

Edited by ZeroShadow

I'm soon going to have a reading myself. And if he/she's dead on, I'll believe in psychics regardless of what any skeptics say. Wich is why if the psychic IS correct, I won't even bother to talk about it on here.

Research on cold reading so you know what to look for. That way you will not be fooled.

Already done it. The last thing I want happening is me being tricked into believing something false.

Edited by ZeroShadow

So many times they say such generalized things that they could apply to anyone.

So many times they say such generalized things that they could apply to anyone.

I'm alot more skeptical than people think. I just believe that most skeptics take skepticism too far.

I actually spent a little over $2000 investigating mediums and psychics in my area. Heck, even my dad got into it and paid for a phone appointment with this top astrologist from Canada for me (my aunt is into astrology, and she lives up there).

At first glance, things were eerily close. I actually had to put my notes away for a week so that I could regain my objectivity, and even then I had to ask some of my professors to give me a hand analyzing the readings.

One of the things that was kind of neat about it was that different psychics sometimes twigged on to the same thing (notably, one of these things was "a girl in a black dress who thinks you have big feet". As it ultimately turns out, I got that from the first psychic, and then subconsciously mentioned it to other psychics, who promptly seized it and ran with it. It was amazing what an objective third-party opinion could see that I couldn't. The astrologer didn't even come close (That guy charged $400 bucks a reading!).

I got that from the first psychic, and then subconsciously mentioned it to other psychics

Whoa whoa, wait.. Did YOU subconsciously mention it to other psychics? No offense, but that seems a bit dittzy, lol.

Did anyone ever see the Penn & Teller episode where they set a guy up to have readings done. The same guy dressed as a businessman, with all the actions (cell phone talking, antsy to get to next appointments, etc) for one psychic. For another he dressed as a middle-aged suburban father and played the part. And the third he dressed as an unemployed slob with alcohol on his breath. Each psychic gave a completely different reading based on the guy's appearance and mannerisms. The jobless guy was given "info" on finding a job soon and saving money, while the businessman was told of deadlines with clients, etc.

It really fascinated me just how much information was projected from the man to the psychics. It's also great fun to realize just how much appearance is a factor in how people respond to you. I had a secretary at a realty company treat me like trailer trash because I went to move my old beat up truck from their corner (nowhere else to park the night before) to the front of my house (across the street) and since it was laundry day, I had on a tshirt and jeans. A few days later, I went in for information on houses (my fiance and I are house hunting) and was dressed in business casual and pulled up in my new car (I was running other errands, I'm not that lazy I swear!). Then she was nothing but polite and helpful and directing me towards the higher end houses.

I admit it, I really went in there to see how she'd treat me if I was dressed differently. It helped that I was house hunting. But it was immensely satisfying to tell her she could shove it and that office had lost a sale because of her arrogance towards me earlier.

Anyways, I'd love to go to a psychic projecting a false appearance and see just what would happen.

". As it ultimately turns out, I got that from the first psychic, and then subconsciously mentioned it to other psychics, who promptly seized it and ran with it.

I'm curious as to how a 'girl in a black dress who thinks you have big feet' could be told subconsciously. :lol:

Edited by Raptor X7

Sylvia Brown did not get rich by selling best sellers, she got rich by charging people $400.00 for a PHONE reading (and that was the asking price five years ago). That is not even in person. Do you realize there is a waiting list of up to a year to get a phone reading. How insane is that?

I caught her once on the Montel Show (which I watched specifically because she was on there, I HATE talk shows) and she completely lost any credibility with me at all when a woman stood up and asked her what happened to the water in her swimming pool. Apparently, the water had just disappeared overnight. No signs of it leaking, etc. Sylvia told her a space ship full of aliens come and hovered over the pool and took the water. HELLO!!!! :o

Well IMO, she was being sarcastic. Sounds to me that the lady asking the question was asking her a ridiculous question to try and make her look bad. I would have done the same thing as her. Now I'm not saying I believe her or I dont. I'm on the fence about her. But to me, she was being sarcastic when she made that 'prediction' :rolleyes:

I'm curious as to how a 'girl in a black dress who thinks you have big feet' could be told subconsciously. :lol:

Scary, isn't it? :)

In one case, it was simply me leaning forward ever so slightly as the psychic rattled off a bunch of things until she got it all right. In another, I actually mentioned piece after piece without noticing. It's amazing how a person who considers himself pretty savvy can be so easily snookered by people he is going in to supposedly test objectivly. Only goes to show how easily personal bias gets involved into an investigation.

Scary, isn't it? :)

In one case, it was simply me leaning forward ever so slightly as the psychic rattled off a bunch of things until she got it all right. In another, I actually mentioned piece after piece without noticing. It's amazing how a person who considers himself pretty savvy can be so easily snookered by people he is going in to supposedly test objectivly. Only goes to show how easily personal bias gets involved into an investigation.

I just find it a bit funny that you basically told the psychic everything and then later on wondered how the hell he/she knew the information they were giving you. XD