Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is NOT a fraud

gela6101

Sylvia Browne is a world renowned psychic. She has been a professional psychic for nearly 50 years. She has helped police solve more than plenty of murder cases without charge. She admits that not all of her predictions are going to be correct but basically more than most of them are. Some people just want to be downers and put people down, so let's not do that in this posting area. Let's discuss some of the amazing God given abilities that she has.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• ShaunZero

• coldethyl

Being psychic is not a gift that God would give to anyone.

And if she is so psychic, how come she isn't rich by winning a lottery of some kind?

The usual response is 'with great power comes great responsibility' laugh.gif.

They don't realise how right it is quoting something from a fictional comic.

And if she is so psychic, how come she isn't rich by winning a lottery of some kind?

642514[/snapback]

Because she is already rich by selling millions and millions of books which by the way has been all #1 sellers says the New York Times

From Amazon:

Sorry, no matches for the search term "Sylvia Brown Bestsellers" were found.

They have all her books on the site, and not one is recorded as a bestseller or comes up in the bestseller lists.

Try, try again.

I've read 6 of Sylvia's books, seen on her Montel a couple of times, and have done some online research.

Some of her theories about the afterlife strike a strong cord of truth in me...and some of her ideas are so weird that I say, "NO WAY!"

As for her psychic ability...a few of her predictions have come true, and she has been uncannily accurate in helping the police, etc. in certain cases. At the same time, she has been really, really wrong on a lot of stuff.

I'm still up in the air with Sylvia. I'd like to believe her, but there are some things she says and believes that I just can't swallow. I have to admit that her books had a big affect on me--the things that sounded "true" really changed me.

I wonder if we can pick and choose what we believe true about her--or is that cheating?

If half of the time you're right and half of the time you're wrong, it's called guess work, or deductive reasoning. Most people who have any wits can predict the same stuff and come up with the same ideas.

If you had psychic powers, you would be right 100% of the time. You can't only decide to hear what she got right and turn a deaf hear to the wrong. laugh.gif

And you are qualified to speak about god as if you knew everything about him?

Because she is already rich by selling millions and millions of books which by the way has been all #1 sellers says the New York Times

I'd much rather see a few headlines saying "Psychic Sylvia Brown wins lottery" a couple times before I think anything of her.

And you are qualified to speak about god as if you knew everything about him?

642565[/snapback]

The teachings of the Bible frown upon this.

Why is it that we (as humans) think we know everything? There is not one person on this board that can say 100% that she is or is not a psychic.....we may never know, if you believe that she is, then believe & if you don't, then don't. It is amazing when ANYONE can predict anything, and if someone can help solve some of the crimes that she has helped to solve then bully for them......it's ridiculous to sit & argue over something that can't be proven one way or the other.

There is not one person on this board that can say 100% that she is or is not a psychic.....we may never know, if you believe that she is, then believe & if you don't, then don't.

642941[/snapback]

I agree. I think that Sylvia Brown is slightly psychic, but she acts and exagerates certain points. I think that some of the major psychics do that. Honestly, If you were psychic, would you want the whole world to know? I wouldn't. About the why don't they predict the lotto number? Maybe it's that they can't predict certain things like the lotto or race track results. Another idea is that their are psychics that can predict it, but they don't because they're using their powers something much, much more important...

I think she is the real deal but maybe she isn't I think it is good she tries to help people through. Intersting some of her perdections are such as in 2010 the aliens will reveal themselfs and in 2026 that atlantis will reappear just something to ponder.

she ai'nt a psychic,she's a money grabbing fake!

user posted image

And who says that god is anything like the one in the bible if god even exists?

A lot of her perdiction weren't even right; that is why I do not believe her.

Look we have figured you out newbie. We all know that you are Sylvia Browne. It is nice to know that you have come and try and convince us that you are not a crazy fraud yourself, but we all know it is you so come clean.

Edited by Mr Ed

^ Ouch! That's sure is a friendly welcome! rolleyes.gif

Slyvia Browne is a joke....

I see lots of you have claimed she has solved lots of crimes, perhaps you can point these out...

Her claim that she worked with the police has been investigated and found wanting, the policeman she says she worked "along side" does exist but NOT in the police dept and for that matter NOT even in the same state she said and he himself denys ever working with her.

Another example of Browne's amazing powers was when she told a couple searching for their missing child that the child was alive and well in a city in Japan, that she had been snatched by child traders, not long after this revelation (on the Montel Williams show no less) was the childs body found and a man arrested and convicted of her murder, the child had died several weeks before Brownes amzing insight of Japan.

Oh and despite agreeing on the Larry king show to take Randi million dollar challenge she still refues to speak to the JREF (which organise it) it has been over 3 years and counting.

I have NO DOUBT whatsoever that Ms browne is a charlatan...

Teddy.

Edited by Hammys Teddy

I wouldn't go as far as to say that she is a fraud. She like many psychics DO have genuine abilities. BUT....these abilities are limited at times.

Sylvia has had tremendous opportunies that others have not been fortunate to have.

I do not think Sylvia is a fraud, but she is not worse or better than many of the other psychics that I have come across.

As for her success....I say GOOD FOR HER! She'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Slyvia Browne is a joke....

I see lots of you have claimed she has solved lots of crimes, perhaps you can point these out...

649482[/snapback]

Actually, I don't think there are many of us that believe her claims; it's just a small minority.

Edited by DarkSinister

And who says that god is anything like the one in the bible if god even exists?

649345[/snapback]

The God I believe in is the one the Bible speaks of.

Edited by Amalgamut

The God I believe in is the one the Bible speaks of.

And what gives you the right to say that the god IS your god?

Sylvia is good at telling people exactly what they want to hear and writing books about the subjects to make money. If you watch her on Montel, when she is not sure of an answer she rolls her eyes and scratches her face with those long nails of hers. I think that everyone has the abilities that she has, we just need to strenghthen them. We are born with these abilities and some families know this and raise their children to embrace and strenghthen them. Oh, by the way I don't believe they come from some God either. The powers we have come from within and once we begin to use and understand them we will understand why the creators of these Gods created them in the first place, (fear of the unknown).

Sylvia is good at telling people exactly what they want to hear and writing books about the subjects to make money. If you watch her on Montel, when she is not sure of an answer she rolls her eyes and scratches her face with those long nails of hers. I think that everyone has the abilities that she has, we just need to strenghthen them. We are born with these abilities and some families know this and raise their children to embrace and strenghthen them. Oh, by the way I don't believe they come from some God either. The powers we have come from within and once we begin to use and understand them we will understand why the creators of these Gods created them in the first place, (fear of the unknown).

650563[/snapback]

When people do idle movements such as scratching, playing, sweating, etc, when trying to tell somebody something 99% of the time it is a lie, especially if done when you are trying to have a "vision" or whatever that fraud claims to have.