Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Arrested for Wearing Grinch Mask

__Kratos__

Yes there are some states left where oral sex and sodomy are still illegal, although I don't think any of them are enforced anymore. But nothing specifically about only having sex in the missionary position, as far as I know.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• The Original Chupa King

• Celumnaz

• Katkandoo_kw

I say he should be allowed to wear the mask. The grinch is way cool. He was probably wearing this sucker..

user posted image

642519[/snapback]

I wonder if he was trying to hide his ugly mug by wearing the mask,and if true he must have been one ugly bugger if the mask is any thing to go by

• 1 year later...

i can't believe that people can get away with murder but can't get away with wearing a mask.

thats so stupid!!! There are other ways of identifying people!!! try forensic evidence people its very effective!!!

Wait, what about wigs, are they illegal (even if the person wearing it is NOT bald??) you could always do other things like if you have dark hair, bleach it, put it up in a baseball hat, put on makeup that changes the way you look COMPLETELY, and wear guy clothes or something!! duh

i can't believe that people can get away with murder but can't get away with wearing a mask.

Death Star it is pointless and stupid to necropost like you do. It's a complete waste!!!

Well we know how crooked most cops are.

I would have just kept the mask on to be safe.

There really is no reason to wear a mask when it's

not Halloween. But it also should be uncalled for

to arrest the guy.

The laws are there and they are there for a reason. It's easy to make fun of cops and cry wolf over everything, but it's another thing when you have a law and order situation at hand. Imagine if you are a cop. Some dumb witted wanna-be human rights activists here really amuse me.

If people are allowed to wear masks and play the goat in public places, then every thief and every rogue will be wearing a mask too. How will you be able to maintain law and order? How will you be able to identify people stealing in supermarkets, banks, railway stations, etc, etc? How will you ever get a suspect's face on camera and show it to public for identification? How will you identify terrorists and such, roaming in public places? Will you even be able to make a sketch? What will a crime witness say? He looks like mickey mouse? :lol:

The guy would still wear the mask after he was warned by the cop, only then he was arrested. Suits him fine. What a Moron!

Edited by Bone_Collector

Well we know how crooked most cops are.

I would have just kept the mask on to be safe.

There really is no reason to wear a mask when it's

not Halloween. But it also should be uncalled for

to arrest the guy.

No, most cops are not crooked.

I can see why wearing a mask could be illegal, but a hood? Pfft.

Really though, why is a 42 year old man wearing a Grinch mask in the first place? :blink:

That's what's I was going to say........Holy! What am I doing in The Bizarre Forum?!?

X_x

Edited by The Chupacabra King

Everyone should be able to wear a mask if they want to. I don't see why they would want to though.

You know what, they should have signs every were explaining that Mask Wearing is Illegal.

Man, this is extreamly odd and stupid. I agree with premtive arrests but thats only if the police had been watching a place are person for awile and know they are going to do something. The dude was just walking down a street.

I HEAR BY SAY WE ALL CONVERGE ON THIS PLACE WEARING MASKS!!!

~Thanato

cops are wasting their time doing that when they should be out taken out real problems lol

cops are wasting their time doing that when they should be out taken out real problems lol

Yea, like Micheal Jackson and that Cat In the Hat movie......roger & Ebert ROK MY SHOES!

The way I look at it the people that make the laws are to blame. They cannot control the criminals so they make a sweeping law that everyone must follow, even the innocent.

Why is it that the innocent majority keep having to suffer for the crimes of the few? Every time I am asked to show my D.L. when using a credit card I feel like I am inconvenienced for what the criminals are doing.

We need a new Gov. that takes better care of the people that are not doing crime. :angry:

I could wear a mask in public. Not a Grinch mask, rather something like this. Why? Why not?

Imagine a late evening or very early morning, the streets are pretty much deserted, you're on your way somewhere, and suddenly you see a cloaked figure wearing a birdlike mask walking past silently without paying attention to you. It'd be surreal, yes? That'd be the point. :)

But then again, a Grinch mask? If anything the guy deserved to be arrested for that...

That was my first thought, too. What a bunch of maroons...... :rolleyes:

I agree. did the lawmakers there have nothing better to do?

I have never heard of wearing masks in public being illegal. The state must have felt the need eh? :blink:

Could be punishable with 500 dollars or a year in jail for wearing a mask?! Oh come on....I mean, sure for all the cop knew, the guy was going to rob a bank or a criminal in hiding...but still, thats a stupid thing. :hmm:

Usually if you're wearing a mask you are trying to hide your identity for some reason. Usually the only people who try to hide their identity are people who are criminals. That's the way things work.

This is an ancient thread....

WHEELING, W.Va. - City and county attorneys are defending Wheeling police who arrested a man for wearing a Grinch mask while walking along a city street.

Norman Eugene Gray, 42, was arrested Tuesday. He was arraigned and released on a personal recognizance bond.

Officers saw Gray about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday, told him to take the mask off and not put it on again. Gray removed it and asked why he could not wear it, according to Wheeling police reports. Officers told him wearing masks in public is illegal.

Gray said he felt he had a right to wear it and said it was not illegal. He put the mask back on and was arrested. The mask was confiscated.

Wheeling City Solicitor Rosemary Humway-Warmuth and Ohio County Prosecutor Scott Smith said masks as well as dark window tinting in vehicles can pose a safety hazard to law enforcement officers and hinder efforts to identify criminal suspects.

"When we think about masks, we don't always think of Halloween," Humway-Warmuth said.

Smith said wearing a mask or hood in public is a misdemeanor under state law, punishable by a fine of up to $500 or up to a year in jail, or both. Children up to 16 years old can wear masks. Traditional Halloween masks, safety gear used in occupations, theatrical productions, civil defense or protection from bad weather also are legal.

Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We shouldn't have to give up our rights to make the cops life easier! :angry2: That is complete bullcrap right there. I am glad he put his mask back on! Good for him! The laws shouldn't tell you what to wear and what not to wear!

How this makes me feel can only be expressed by emoticons: :no::angry: :angry2:

Wow, I can't belive that they can't wear masks. They probably don't want anyone to wear a mask because they think that he can rob a place or kill someone and nobody will know who he is. It actually happened in my city, a guy in a Spider Man costume robbed a bank, and since he was in the costume with the spider man mask, nobody knew who he was.

:alien::alien: crypto :alien::alien: