Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you have a gift, you are not alone

openpalm01

Hey openpalm, I know exactly how you feel. sad.gif

However, you seem to think that only a select few of us have the gift. We all have it, only some much stronger than others.

I do not think I am 'more speacial' than anyone else, infact, I am probably less speacial. I do not wish to be different, I do not wish to be higher than others, and I do not portray myself to be some sort of 'jedi'.

But I do know that there is something within me that is different from others. I have preminitions, I see non-physical entities, and occasionally alter things without touching them.

It disappoints me that so many people here are such firm, closed skeptics, striking people down because they have no proof.

To the skeptics out there, I don't care what you say, and if you try and tell me I am wrong when you haven't even met me, I will not listen, because I know humanity is more than just flesh and blood.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Walken

• anami

• Ziggy Stardust

• Mr Ed

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the welcome and the explanations, I appreciate it.

Socrates...wow.

This is something I feel I can see both sides of. Although I am a definite believer due to my own experiences, I also think it's perfectly reasonable not to believe in something you have no proof of. And that being said, sometimes I wonder if requiring such strict proof is exactly what might prevent someone from getting it...isn't the key to this type of thought in general to be open to it, and to truly belive that anything is possible? If a certain phenomenon is collectively (yet separately) observed and witnessed “in the heads” of several different sentient beings, shouldn’t that make the quick-to-dismiss skeptic at least consider the possibility that more exists “in our heads” than we might think? I feel I can relate to the disappointment in Socrates' post about wishing skeptics weren't THAT skeptical. What I have experienced isn't something I feel arrogant or more special about, but simply something exhilarating that I want to share in the most positive way possible. I have struggled with trying to understand the reason for it all.

Where am I going with this...I'm not sure...it's late. But I feel a lot of acceptance here, however strict at times it apparently can be.

Humanity is much more than flesh and blood - It's thought idea and creation.

Your complain bout shouting people down because they have no proof is re-dick-you-less. Whats stopping you from proving your claims if they exsist, after all.

This is something I feel I can see both sides of. Although I am a definite believer due to my own experiences, I also think it's perfectly reasonable not to believe in something you have no proof of. And that being said, sometimes I wonder if requiring such strict proof is exactly what might prevent someone from getting it...isn't the key to this type of thought in general to be open to it, and to truly belive that anything is possible?

647029[/snapback]

That is why it's like a double edged sword. A highly open mind is key, yet commonly when your mind is that open, it can easily be swayed and corrupted into believing a falsehood as truth. When your mind is closed, on the other hand, your apt not to believe it at all and even through proof should always be required, in many cases more than enough proof is given but the skeptic still refuses to believe.

You have to take a stance on it, though, otherwise you'll get nowhere. If you believe, always try and use hard proof to back it up and logic, and if you don't believe, then always have hard proof and logic to disprove it. Without logic, reason, and proof, you're not going to get anywhere farther than your own selfish intentions.

ok to start off I didn't say he didn't have any powers I didn't like the the way he worded his statement that people fear and or are jealous thats not right, I don't know him, he doesn't know us, so how can he say that we do fear people that have powers. If he has powers that is good if he enjoys them, I have no doubt that they are some that have some sort-a powers.

why hasn't he come back and responded? disgust.gif

Use your powers wisely.

Always remember what Uncle Ben said, 'With great power, comes great responsibility'.

post-17632-1117466036_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Ed

Fascinating! No one is afraid or jealous of Openpalm, but everyone needs to shoot him/her down as fast and as hard as possible. Notice please that openpalm did not make ANY claims - we do not know how old, what sex, or what powers this person has, yet some of us seem to have decided that it is a HE, a teenager, a mama's boy loser, and that his non-existant talent is telekenesis.

I am really old, and one thing that I have learned is: Don't jump to conclusions!

Also, even if you think you know everything, if you listen, you will always learn something new.

Here's a rare talent/power maybe many of you should exercise: tolerance.

I am sorry, I should be more jealous of someone who has special powers; but remember, jealousy breeds evil, and evil leads the way to the dark side...

The problem with the statement was it's lack of specifics, not any specific claim itself. Openpalm made it sweeping enough to include everyone who doesn't believe in psi-powers or anyone of a skeptical frame of mind. Therefore it was bound to offend a good half of the board..

And on this forum when you rub a large section of the board the wrong way; you'll be told about it in no uncertain terms..

Although many of us do strive for a level of tolerance there's no need to sit back and allow ourselves to painted with a broad brush by someone who doesn't even know us yet..Therefore, expect some level of agression..

And again, he's not coming back, so it's extremely likely that he was just a Troll. We don't need to pull any punches for them..

You have to take a stance on it, though, otherwise you'll get nowhere. If you believe, always try and use hard proof to back it up and logic, and if you don't believe, then always have hard proof and logic to disprove it. Without logic, reason, and proof, you're not going to get anywhere farther than your own selfish intentions.

647340[/snapback]

Well said The Raven.

Speaking for myself, I wish to believe in a lot of things. The thing is, most of what is posted is crap. I see people making fantastical claims however when reasonable (mundane) expanations are offered. The sceptic is accused of being closed minded or bashing/ flaming. True, I believe most things can be explained within reason. I want to know about the things that get analyzed to bits and still can't be explained. And yes I want some proof, the word of someone typing on a computer somewhere does not constitute proof. It is very easy to lie on the internet.

No one is afraid or jealous of Openpalm, but everyone needs to shoot him/her down as fast and as hard as possible.

The world would be a better place if more people exercised tolerance, however Openpalm would probaly recieved a much better reception if he hadn't been so insulting.

I am sorry, I should be more jealous of someone who has special powers; but remember, jealousy breeds evil, and evil leads the way to the dark side...

Perhaps you will bring balance to the force Mr. Ed tongue.gif

Fascinating! No one is afraid or jealous of Openpalm, but everyone needs to shoot him/her down as fast and as hard as possible. Notice please that openpalm did not make ANY claims - we do not know how old, what sex, or what powers this person has, yet some of us seem to have decided that it is a HE, a teenager, a mama's boy loser, and that his non-existant talent is telekenesis.

We do know that he claims to have psi powers though and is born in 1988.

Hopefully this wil bring in others that have abillities that most people criticize.

Reference to psi.

I've found that the majority of these people aren't really skeptical, they either fear us or are jealous of us. I hope the skeptics come in here too, so they can see that most of us aren't looking for attention, we're looking for acceptance. We are normal, just like born athletes or musicians, we just have a little extra; since it is outside of their frame of reason, people who aren't born with this think we lie.

Use of "us" and "we" when talking about the possession of said (reference first quotation) abilities.

we're looking for acceptance.

Shows that poster is not accepted when he tells people he has powers.

I rest my case.

I am really old, and one thing that I have learned is: Don't jump to conclusions!

Also, even if you think you know everything, if you listen, you will always learn something new.

As Stellar already stated, we do know most of these things - If you didn't pick up on them perhaps you didn't read the post?

Humanity is much more than flesh and blood - It's thought idea and creation.

Your complain bout shouting people down because they have no proof is re-dick-you-less. Whats stopping you from proving your claims if they exsist, after all.

647330[/snapback]

Walken, what proof would convince you? I ask because, as Raven said, in more than enough cases adequate proof has been given but the skeptic still refused to believe. This seems true in my observations as well...no matter what you present to the skeptic, it's always the wind, the heat, sound waves, swamp gas, an illusion, parlor tricks, foolery...etc. It's always something, never the sought-after proof. That is why I ask, what would it be that would be considered proof? dontgetit.gif

If they went on national television and were studied in great detail by scientists, then I would believe him.

As the old adage goes; extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

To tell the truth, I'd almost settle for any concrete proof, extraordinary or not..Yet it seems none is ever forthcoming. All I ever get is.."You wouldn't believe me anyway, so why should I bother?"

Frankly, if somebody has accomplished such a landmark feat as moving an object with their mind, I'd expect a little more in the way of positive thought and less of a trend towards defeatism..

That alone, helps me to believe that the great majority of these claims are suspect..

As the old adage goes; extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

647511[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head. Squarely...

I get rather tired of having teens who come to this board(We get news ones every month or so) who claim to be "gifted" yet offer no proof.

I can claim to be able to levitate a Buick with my mind all while controlling the winds and setting scraps of paper on fire; but unless I back up those claims it is nothing more than childish attention seeking combined with an overactive imagination.

There are several organization that are willing to pay grand sums of money for someone who can show psychic abilities. Millions of dollars could be yours if you were to show your skills, but time and time again EVERY excuse in the world comes up in order to explain why a person could not prove their skills.

If some of these kids were one-tenth as good at psychic abilities(as they claim) as they were at coming up with excuses, they could change the world.

One would hope that someone would be willing to prove their skills; yet no one EVER has. With the dozens of people on this board who claim to be gifted, One would think that someone could come forward to offer SOMETHING in regards to at least evidence if not proof.

Yet no one does...

It goes to show that these claims are no more than childish attention seeking.

i find things that just barly effect the world useful, for instance, moving a cloud infront of the sun to get some shade, or making the wind stop, or just making psi balls for no use.

I ask because, as Raven said, in more than enough cases adequate proof has been given but the skeptic still refused to believe.

Which case is that?

no matter what you present to the skeptic, it's always the wind, the heat, sound waves, swamp gas, an illusion, parlor tricks, foolery...etc.

If theres that many possibilities, then its not proof of psi.

just look we all are responding to this post, all are fussing ( or not agreeing either way you want to look at it) over something that some person posted and has yet to respond themselves, so to me it looks like some child just wanted to see who's skin they could get under.... so lets not give them anything else to be getting off too...

lets agree to disagree...

I went back through all the posts on this, and the 1988 date comes from someone else, not openpalm.

And why hasn't he repsonded? Jeez - would you walk into a room full of people who all want to tell you how stupid and rude and WRONG you are?

All the guy wanted to do was to hear if anybody else had the same experiences he did, and we don't even know what those were.

Sorry, I haven't been on this forum long enough to know what a troll is, let alone immediately assume that somebody is one just because I don't like how or what he says.

Maybe I don't want to spend that much time here - seems perhaps I have better things to do.

bydeby

I went back through all the posts on this, and the 1988 date comes from someone else, not openpalm.

Thats funny because the first thing I would do after being told someone was born in 1988 would be to check the persons profile, which you have neglected to do.

Jeez - would you walk into a room full of people who all want to tell you how stupid and rude and WRONG you are?

You OBVIUOUSLY dont know me.

Haha, this is so funny! All you guys seem to do is quote people and poke critisism at what they have said.

ha ha funny you're right. Not to be be mean, but where the (insert choice word here) is he?

g'night all!