Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Last Supper *Painting*

LucidElement

Basically, my question is this guys and gals.. It was painted first by Leonardo Da Vinci, now there is so much controversy on is it Mary Magdalene by his side, and why is their no wine on the table, all these are great factors, which make for a good controversy topic... but my question is, its one guys perspective, and thats what he painted.. so why is their so much controversy on is it Mary Magdalene next to Jesus and the other takes.. its like if JOHN DOE painted it, and there was a FROG next to Jesus they would be like oh my god, did Jesus have a pet.. i hope you all know where im comming from and i hope you can get me some insight and theories on why his painting was and is so controversial, thans all...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Something Like Laughter

• Amalgamut

• Ashley-Star*Child

• GIDEON MAGE

yes.gif I totally agree to what you said. I think it's because its like the painting has been there forever and thats what people conjure up in mind when talking about the last supper. Leonardo being a genius doesnt mean he's an eye witness!

I know what you mean… There’s a lot of controversy concerning this painting, mainly because of Dan Browns book, stating that it was Mary Magdalene sat next to Jesus.

[attachmentid=15218]

[attachmentid=15219]

Even if this is a female - it does look more feminine than masculine - so what? It’s only his interpretation!

post-2178-1117298727_thumb.jpg

post-2178-1117298740_thumb.jpg

That apostle (cannot remember his name) was a male, however he was usually depicted as feminine. In many other paintings, you see him as painted looking feminine.

I beleive the apostle you are referring to is John.

John was the youngest of the disciples and was in all likelihood, very feminine looking.

There is a theory put foward through 'The Davinchi legacy' that states that the apostle we say is John is actually Mary Magdalin, but all the theory is- is a nice story.

I beleive the apostle you are referring to is John.

John was the youngest of the disciples and was in all likelihood, very feminine looking.

645770[/snapback]

Yes, that's his name. Thx Walken. thumbsup.gif

That painting is completely false, if only for the fact that the table would have been different. On important occasions such as this, the table would have been three sided, with Jesus sitting on the left hand side. Also, there would be no chairs, most of them wouldnt even be sitting at all, they usually would lay down and eat. Like everyone had said, this painting is just one mans perspective.

it is one man's persepective.. but soo much controvery now.. i like what Kryso was saying about it all.. about how DaVinci was soo amazing in everything he has done... but i still find this is soo fascinating to talk about.. pleaseee keep your theories comming.

It would make no sense if this were actually "Mary magdelene".

There are twelve apostles. So, they would be missing one here, if John were Mary, there would only be eleven.

Then the question arises....where would John be?

maybe john was busy that day, or he was in the little boy's room, or he was just being a john.....

Well, if you look at it, the 2nd, 5th (mentioned as Mary), and 8th, all look kind of feminine.

really RH... ima take a look at it... JOEY JORDINSON.. im listin to Slipknot now... its soo tight how in his concert he does the upside drum solo.. have u seen it?

The painting does actually show the 'man' next to Jesus, to have breasts...What more proof do you need? grin2.gif

But let us remember - The Da Vinchi code is just a re-worded version of The Da Vinchi legacey.

However, the author of Legacey said it was just a story, where the author of code tells the same story but as truth.... yes.gif

user posted image

The last kiss of a loving wife to her condemned husband! crying.gif

The painting does actually show the 'man' next to Jesus, to have breasts...What more proof do you need? grin2.gif

647160[/snapback]

Where?

user posted image

The last kiss of a loving wife to her condemned husband! crying.gif

647339[/snapback]

I wonder why she only has 4 fingers on her left hand..

I wonder why she only has 4 fingers on her left hand..

647765[/snapback]

Probably because the person who painted it was drunk or stoned or both at the time. thumbsup.gif

there is all types of controversy on this, John The Baptist ALWAYS sits where "Mary Magdelane" is shown. He had a feminine look to him, but his hair wanst nearlyas long, his hair reached his shoulders,not his hips. The dipiction shows someone else, not John. NOT TO JUMP TO CONCLUSION SAYING IT IS MARY MAGDALANE, BEACUSE IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE ELSE although i think that the probability that it is mary magdalane is pretty large, also if you noticed, there is a hand more to the left of "mary" that has a dagger! here is what i see,

user posted image

HAHAHAH THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY!!!

Well, if you look at it, the 2nd, 5th (mentioned as Mary), and 8th, all look kind of feminine.

646896[/snapback]

Thank you for adding that to this discussion RH2097. original.gif

Others have made that observation before, and I can certainly understand why. It's for that reason that I like this Image, which is currently my 'puters wallpaper.

Da Vinci was known for inserting subtle cue's into his work, case in point the theory that the Mona Lisa was actually a self portrait, feminized. The shy grin on her countenance said to reflect Leonardo's knowledge of the hidden truth behind what came to be known as one of his finest portraits.

Da Vinci was known for inserting subtle cue's into his work, case in point the theory that the Mona Lisa was actually a self portrait, feminized. The shy grin on her countenance said to reflect Leonardo's knowledge of the hidden truth behind what came to be known as one of his finest portraits. [/color]

649692[/snapback]

So, was Da Vinci gay?

There are a few other guys in there that look fruity. Not just John.

649662[/snapback]

fruity apostles. perhaps devinci was telling something deep and profound about christianity....