Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Last Supper *Painting*

LucidElement

fruity apostles.  perhaps devinci was telling something deep and profound about christianity....

649746[/snapback]

And what might that be?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Something Like Laughter

• Amalgamut

• Ashley-Star*Child

• LucidElement

fruity apostles.  perhaps devinci was telling something deep and profound about christianity....

649746[/snapback]

And what might that be?

649747[/snapback]

have you looked into roman history like i suggested?

look at the first followers of jesus and compare that to the followers of the apostles/bible writers....

look at the differences....

then you will see what i mean about the fruitiness of following the apostles.

have you looked into roman history like i suggested?

look at the first followers of jesus and compare that to the followers of the apostles/bible writers....

look at the differences....

then you will see what i mean about the fruitiness of following the apostles.

649751[/snapback]

Why would Roman history help me when there is supposedly no history other than the bible about Jesus?

there is plenty about early christianity in roman history.

it will tell you about the early christians. it will show you the roots of what became paulianitry (or whatever term you prefer for the NT basis).

there is history of "jesus" via these people outside the bible. pehaps the clearest idea of what the "message" was can be found there.

for example, these people really did believe the end of the world would come in their lifetime. also, these people felt freed and happy as one could be via release from fear, ego, and guilt.

you can also learn about things like where that fish-thing symbol came from and how it was used. follow re-ligio -> go back to the origins!

649692[/snapback]

So, was Da Vinci gay?

649737[/snapback]

Yes, Da Vinci was homosexual.That shocked me

also if you notice, "Mary/John" is leaning against the male next to her/him and giving him loving eyes, and, although <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' t="window.status=''; return true;">da vinci</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">da vinci</a> was homosexual, i dont believ he would paint one of the apostles as homosexual. Also, to my extent of knowledge, John The Baptist was not homeosexual. Therefor, it is not john,

Also! The disembodied hand weilding the dagger, could be john in the background, behind the other apostles, with a dagger showing hatred towards mary magdalane, it is stated that the apostles WERE jealous of Mary, becuase Jesus supposedly favored her, it is a mystery that may never be solved

Edited by JohnnyBoyC

Umm, it's a post (like REALLY post)-event painting, and even if he DID paint a woman into it, it's his opinion, not a firsthand account of the event. It's a painting not a photograph.

I personally don't see any women in it, but who knows.

Exactly. Da Vinci wasn't there, so how would he know the whole story. I could make the same painting and put 12 hookers in "The Last Supper," and would this indicate that 12 hookers were actually there? I think not.

So, regardless if its a girl or a guy it means nothing.

Edited by Amalgamut

it looks like a female to me i dont see how you guys can say that it looks like man. But you do have a point its only 1 mans interpretation of the event that he was never at so it doesnt really matter if its a male or female. But why are you so resistent to view it as a female if it doesnt matter?

But why are you so resistent to view it as a female if it doesnt matter?

--- must --- defend --- the --- faith ---

--- must --- not --- question --- bible ---

--- must --- obey ---

rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

What it means is that at the time it was written, some great minds considered the Vatican to be lieing about information.

also if you notice, "Mary/John" is leaning against the male next to her/him and giving him loving eyes, and, although <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' t="window.status=''; return true;">da vinci</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">da vinci</a> was homosexual, i dont believ he would paint one of the apostles as homosexual. Also, to my extent of knowledge, John The Baptist was not homeosexual. Therefor, it is not john,

Also! The disembodied hand weilding the dagger, could be john in the background, behind the other apostles, with a dagger showing hatred towards mary magdalane, it is stated that the apostles WERE jealous of Mary, becuase Jesus supposedly favored her, it is a mystery that may never be solved

649860[/snapback]

Dude this John is not even that John...

who wrote the Last Supper in the bible.. and is their a picture of it in the bible, the new testament... i have a bible that has pictures.. does anyone no who wrote the last supper... was it John? if so what versus, thank you all...

who wrote the Last Supper in the bible.. and is their a picture of it in the bible, the new testament... i have a bible that has pictures.. does anyone no who wrote the last supper... was it John? if so what versus, thank you all...

652437[/snapback]

The scriptures are...

Matthew26:17

Mark 14:12

Luke 22:7

The authors are...

Matthew, John Mark and Luke.

What's so bad about it even if Jesus had a wife? It's not the end of the world...

Edited by Doccy

it looks like a female to me i dont see how you guys can say that it  looks like man.  But you do have a point its only 1 mans interpretation of the event that he was never at so it doesnt really matter if its a male or female. But why are you so resistent to view it as a female if it doesnt matter?

650504[/snapback]

i guess you could say because it add's pointless controversy to the bible's integrity.

one mans painting causes a huge ruckus for no reason.

i guess you could say because it add's pointless controversy to the bible's integrity.

one mans painting causes a huge ruckus for no reason

It's only pointless if you have blind faith. People who like to think for themselves view his painting as something to ponder and make a decision for themselves based on what they see. You say it is clearly John when all I see is a female who is wearing the exact opposite color clothing as Jesus Red and Blue. You can clearly see the knife to her throat. Does it mean thats proof someone was trying to kill the female in the painting no! it only means da vinci wanted to portray his point of view on that event.

How do you know for a fact it caused a ruckus for no reason! If it were up to the church this Book would have been banned right! Christians have tried getting this book banned but couldnt!

wrong.

if you count the heads and arms the hand weilding the dagger is coming from no one.

the link i posted has a very good photograph of the painting. you can zoom in onto specific parts of the painting and clearly see who is holding the knife.

and i count thirteen heads and 26 hands.

It just looks kinda like a girl but some men do. I doubt it is a girl maybe he made a bit of a mistake or this is guy is a gay sicko.

It just looks kinda like a girl but some men do. I doubt it is a girl maybe he made a bit of a mistake or this is guy is a gay sicko.

653384[/snapback]

the greater number of people that know of you, the greater number of opinions form (since everybody has one).