Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Last Supper *Painting*

LucidElement

It would make no sense if this were actually "Mary magdelene".

There are twelve apostles. So, they would be missing one here, if John were Mary, there would only be eleven.

Then the question arises....where would John be?

646825[/snapback]

It is a complete myth that there were exactly 12 apostles. I should know. Judas laughed at me when I created a web page with 12 spots for pictures. And yes, Mary Magdalene was a full apostle. Read the Nag Hammadi scripts if you need more proof. There was good reason to paint a woman at Jesus' right hand, because Mary Magdalene ate with the men, even though that was not a Jewish custom at that time. We do have a likeness of John Mark, and although I never noticed, one could say he looks a bit effeminate : Portraits of the apostles

Edited by Geoff

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Something Like Laughter

• Amalgamut

• Ashley-Star*Child

• LucidElement

and where did artist get likeness? I find it highly unlikely the Da Vinci picture is a true picture. Jesus and others look European and that is just not possible they would have Arabic appearence.

and where did artist get likeness? I find it highly unlikely the Da Vinci picture is a true picture. Jesus and others look European and that is just not possible they would have Arabic appearence.

743478[/snapback]

Well take a look at what I just posted. Many do look "middle eastern" but not James, and Jesus looked a lot like him. I believe that Glenda Green has an accurate painting of Jesus, and he does not look middle eastern http://www.lovewithoutend.com/images/gallery/archival_1.htm

That may well be but where did image come from? to my "limited" knowledge there are no pictures/paintings of Jesus only someones concept of his likeness

Yeah, Panther's right, there are no "accurate pictures" of Jesus to choose from. Unfortunate, too, because it would have stopped a LOT of arguemnts if there was a snap-shot of the Last Supper rather than an Italian's depiction of it centuries alter. laugh.gif

And thanks, Panther, for setting the record straight on Mary Magdalene. One of the few women portrayed in the Bible NOT as of ill-repute, and she is still branded a whore. Rs-read the passages about her, you folks claiming she was the adulteress. It's not true. Mary just had the misfortune to be introduced a few paragraghs after that story. She was actually ill and went to Jesus for help with her health, and was a very reputable business woman.

That may well be but where did image come from? to my "limited" knowledge there are no pictures/paintings of Jesus only someones concept of his likeness

743494[/snapback]

Hi Panther,

Read the book, you will get the whole story. That painting was chanelled. If you have never heard of chanelling, well thats a new experience for you.

Regarding MM, Judas tells a different story. He tells that MM was a high class whore, but took up with Jesus when he told her to follow him, like all the rest of the disciples - read another chanelled message Mary Magdalene

It matters not what she WAS, it was what she chose to become that matters.

I have actually grown up with the idea (from my mother) that Jesus was in love with Mary Magdelene. However, no matter what His affections for her were, there is NO testimony of Him ever MARRYING her. It IS possible to love someone, and for one reason or another, not be able top marry them.

However, like I've said so many times on this thread, this painting is absolutely IRRELEVANT as it was painted hundreds of years after the event, and is no 'evidence' to the fact that Yeshua supposedly married Mary Magdelene. And no the Da Vinci Code is not 'evidence' either.

I find that channeling to be far less trustworthy and not an accurate source of info

I find that channeling to be far less trustworthy and not an accurate source of info

743890[/snapback]

That was a quick read. no.gif It took me a few days to get the book. But hey, I guess we all have our own ways.

Incidentally there is an attested miracle associated with that painting. Some folks like to say there aren't any miracles, but this happened in the USA, in the last 10 years or so, and has witness statements. So folks can investigate all they like, and even interview living witnesses if they wanted to. That painting got irreparably damaged, and "fixed" itself. Torn through the canvas. A complete hole. And then absolutely no damage at all.

But as you say, it can't be a trustworthy source, because everybody knows miracles don't happen.

Later. I suspect just maybe you are referring to Judas? Well I am not bothered if you don't think he is trustworthy. I happen to have known that individual many years, and to have personally experienced many things that would allow me to state he is an exceptional medium. But you are entitled to your view. Mary Magdalene is around, and currently tutoring a group in Salt Lake City. It really is pretty trivial if she was a hooker or a business woman 2000 odd years ago. The point is she was a full disciple, and she is still doing the Lord's business.

Edited by Geoff

Mary Magdalene is around, and currently tutoring a group in Salt Lake City.

Unless you are talking about sort sort of strange revelation from a past life, I find that highly unbelievable.

Mary Magdalene is around, and currently tutoring a group in Salt Lake City.

Unless you are talking about sort sort of strange revelation from a past life, I find that highly unbelievable.

745420[/snapback]

She is, but she is being chanelled. The way all revelation is revealed.

So we're talking reincarnation. Even if, and it's a very BIG IF this was MM reincarnated, past life information, unless by way of some sort of medium, angel in a dream informing say, is not retained. And, even IF she knew who she was from a past life no soul retains all memory all accounts, or all knowledge.

Ad like I've said in my previous post, channelling is most definantly NOT the way revelations are reveaved. Revelation itself, since you've used that word, was brought to John by way of DREAM.

So we're talking reincarnation. Even if, and it's a very BIG IF this was MM reincarnated, past life information, unless by way of some sort of medium, angel in a dream informing say, is not retained. And, even IF she knew who she was from a past life no soul retains all memory all accounts, or all knowledge.

Ad like I've said in my previous post, channelling is most definantly NOT the way revelations are reveaved. Revelation itself, since you've used that word, was brought to John by way of DREAM.

745605[/snapback]

Boy are you certain of things that are inherently uncertain.

1. Revelation is virtually always chanelled. Virtually always.

2. Dreams are dreams. The Bible was not built on dreams, those guys HEARD the voices of angels, and that is the way it has always worked.

3. Mary Magdalene is definately dead. She is definately not reincarnated. She is definately being chanelled by a group in Salt Lake City. Once a week. But I would think she is pretty busy the rest of the time with other folks, some of whom might know who they are dealing with, and some who would not.

4. The Book Of Revelation, was a dream, and is not revelation. It is mostly complete junk. John will tell you that himself, if you open your mind. John: Book of Revelation is only a mere allegory of some one or more writers and is not the same as St. John wrote.

The English word "revelation" means the revealing of truth. It does not mean that which is found in the book of Revelations.

5. To wind you up completely, reincarnation does not occur in a linear fashion. I remain open to the concepts put forward by Seth that it is parallel universe stuff. But, considering this universe, and your or my consciousness here, there is no reincarnation. (I wrote a book on that subject, so its not a passing comment)

Edited by Geoff

Reincarnation has been accepted since the beginning of time from Hebrews to Early Christians until it was frowned upon.

Dreams which show future events, information that can't be known and is found after the fact, etc are all valid, and the entire Bible is full of them. I'll also make note again of PROPHETIC DREAMS which show FUTURE EVENTS. Even science accepts premonition. And to recount for you AGAIN, Daniel, Enoch, John (and your counter to th is absolutely pathetic), ETC are ALL accounts of PROPHETIC DREAMS.

'Revelation' as a matter of fact was used as a word for ASTROLOGY once upon a time.

There is no 'parrallel universe' the Heavens are there, way UP THERE, you look at it every damn night of your mortal life.

So because something is accepted that makes it right and true?

Dreams are up to interpretation you can make my dream about a dancing bear mean that china is about to attack.....it's a dream something that your brain creates while in a state of sleep......Everything you see in a dream comes from your own mind, maybe you just have a good imagination and a desire to have something special happen to you. I would say that is a normal human thought to want to be different from everyone else.....and dream visions would do that, since you can't prove it one way or the other hmm.gif but hey to each his own, that is only my opinion

• 2 weeks later...
The funny thing about this is that ya'll are talking about is a picture of the last supper which was painted by a man who didn't like the church accurate in the fact that it was mary sitting beside him...But how do you have any more information then he did to say if Mary was his wife, or a disciple in the first place. The Last supper by Divinci does have a woman sitting next to JC....but who cares? We will never know right? It's all about what you as the individual believes. If Davinci believed something that doesn't automatically make it true or false, I suppose the good thing would be that it makes people talk, and hopefully learn and that's always good grin2.gif

735238[/snapback]

But if there is no true to it than why is the church trying so hard to smash the idea.

Could you imagine how things would change if a male dominated religious society that we have been forced to except over all the years was debunked and the the feminine is really the divine and higher power.

The mind control would be gone. How would we survive if we were able to control our destiny without being threatened by the fear of Hell or the Devil.

That we decide how we live not a supreme almighty God.

Just a thought to ponder.

It would be beautiful lord but if any proof exists and it is at the vatican you can be sure that it will never be put out to the public no.gif It would destroy the church....stop the money from coming in and then what would they do laugh.gif

It would be beautiful lord but if any proof exists and it is at the vatican you can be sure that it will never be put out to the public  no.gif  It would destroy the church....stop the money from coming in and then what would they do  laugh.gif

770855[/snapback]

Your right I forgot about the MONEY holly molly. The religious leaders would have to live on our level then.

• 1 month later...

Umm, it's a post (like REALLY post)-event painting, and even if he DID paint a woman into it, it's his opinion, not a firsthand account of the event. It's a painting not a photograph.

I personally don't see any women in it, but who knows.

I agree.... I don't think I could have put it in better words myself.

It all depends which one you look at. In the revised paintings, it is obviously a man in the painting, this one is in most churches, not the original. The original is obviously a woman to the left of Jesus. And what is so hard to believe MM was not someone that had relations with Jesus? Or is hard-headed blind faith led by the church too muchfor anyone to overcome?

Edited by StalingradK

meh... I see a woman. Heck I look at it and it just says "Hi, I'm Mey Magdilinspellitright." to me. I can't help but shrug and say "Ok.. you are." back.. then go on my way.

Talking to paintings is fun. (that should answer the feline staring thing to people X) )

*Pulls SC off to the side and wispers in to her ear "Not so much medication"*

I have seen a picture of the original and it looks like a female!

Jesus was a Rabbi and Rabbi's are encouraged to take a female for a mate.

Man, people come up with so many friggin ideas from little things. It's a painting from a MAN's perspective.... And now we're talking reincarnation >.>

I could probably give you a picture of a naked man and people would say his clothes were sucked up into a blackhole, or make up other ideas about how he clothes got off. You people are VERY odd.

This topic made it to 10 pages. Oh.... My...... God. I'm not bashing the topic owner, because it's not a bad topic, but 10 pages of this stuff. O_O..

Edited by ZeroShadow

Man, people come up with so many friggin ideas from little things. It's a painting from a MAN's perspective.... And now we're talking reincarnation >.>
Reincarnation, dreams, and dogs playing poker!

At least the last few posts were on topic even if one person was having a conversation with a painting.