Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Last Supper *Painting*

LucidElement

:lol::tu: Good find Mklsgl I had to bring up the post you were talking about:

There are some things that people may not know about the painting. For example, did you know that when DaVinci first started the painting, he started with Jesus. He searched all over for a young man that depicted the life of innocence and purity. He found the man and labored six months painting him. Da Vinci then spent the next six years finishing of the Apostles one by one, until he came down to the last one, Judas. DaVinci wanted to find a model who portrayed the abosolute depravity and hatefullness that could be presented in a man. He found such a man in a prison in Rome. So they took the man there and had him model for DaVinci as he painted. After he had finished painting Judas, he told the guards he was done and that they could return the man. As they were taking the man away, the criminal broke loose of the guards and ran to DaVinci and said, "Oh, DaVinci, look at me! Do you not know who I am?" And DaVinci said, "No, I have never seen you in my life until you were broughtbefore me out of the dungeon in Rome." Then the man replied, "Oh God, have I fallen so low?" Then turning his face back to DaVinci, he said, "Leonardo Da Vinci! Look at me again for I am the same man you painted just seven years ago as the figure of Christ." Just an interesting note about the painting.

Any comments blue?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Something Like Laughter

• Amalgamut

• Ashley-Star*Child

• GIDEON MAGE

Blue speak for yourself, Da vinci was anything but primitive as you are inferring...lol

Actually The so called primitive were pioneers of not only art, but philosophys and nature, and lived in peace ...the true savage is man blue...........

Sheri, I agree the true savage is man. Da vinci was a man. He painted from his understanding of his times. Was he allowed access to the Bible? Did he know much of the times? How come the painting doesn't portray 1st century life? For example how come they are sitting chairs? :huh: They didn't sit in chairs when they dined in a house, they dined on the floor. Secondly, how come they are all caucasians with long soft hair and very feminine? Da Vinci was portraying the nobility of Jesus and the 12 Apostles as well as their innocence, except for Judas.

The reason why Christians are rallying against this movie BM is because it is wrongfully portraying Christianity to the secular world as well as those minds young and fragile in Christian teachings. In many ways, it is an antichrist. It denies the resurrection of Jesus, which was the hope that many martyrs died for in the first through fourth centuries. It denies that Christ ascended into heaven, which scolds the hope that many Christian teachings provide about God's coming kingdom with Christ as our King.

The whole idea of the Da Vinci code is an inconspicuous assault on Christianity, mainly at the Catholic Church though.

:lol::tu: Good find Mklsgl I had to bring up the post you were talking about:Any comments blue?

Yeah I got it from a Bible. Mklsgl may think I'm spreading lies, but who really knows the truth. For example, would you believe if I said that it took seven years to paint the stainglass version of the Last supper at Forest Lwn Memorial Park, Glendale, California. Would you believe me also that Judas had broken five times before it was finally finished on the sixth try?

All this came from my Bible called "The Holy Bible: The Last Supper Edition, which provided the Histories that I showed you. If you believe it to be a lie, then so be it. But I find it to be a valid history.

In all truth, the painting of the Last Supper is a most innacurate painting concerning the Last Supper. Its a shame that Da Vinci didn't know much about the Bible. It wasn't his fault.

i cant believe this... if u guys look at the day i posted this ALMOST!!!!!!! a year ago lol.. im commin up on the year aniversary!!!! CHEEEERSSSSSSSSSS lol........ but it is interesting... and for those who saw the movie.....

if u swtich MARY MAGDALENE, on the right side of the picture she would be LAYING!!! on jesus shoulder...

they say its ficiton, but lots of fact to BACK IT UP!!!

i suppose people see what they want to see.

i suppose people see what they want to see.

Speaking of pictures...the pic on your avatar is freaky...I wouldnt fancy waking up one night and seeing that looking over my bed :blink:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

lol. its a Silly Party candidate from a Monty Pyton sketch.

lol. its a Silly Party candidate from a Monty Pyton sketch.

LOL freaky... :D *shudders* but I like monty python

Yeah I got it from a Bible. Mklsgl may think I'm spreading lies, but who really knows the truth. For example, would you believe if I said that it took seven years to paint the stainglass version of the Last supper at Forest Lwn Memorial Park, Glendale, California. Would you believe me also that Judas had broken five times before it was finally finished on the sixth try?

All this came from my Bible called "The Holy Bible: The Last Supper Edition, which provided the Histories that I showed you. If you believe it to be a lie, then so be it. But I find it to be a valid history.

In all truth, the painting of the Last Supper is a most innacurate painting concerning the Last Supper. Its a shame that Da Vinci didn't know much about the Bible. It wasn't his fault.

Perhaps your Bible is a misprint.....

In 1495, Leonardo Da Vinci began painting the Last Supper on the wall of the refectory (dining hall) of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, Italy, and completed it in 1498. Leonardo was commissioned to execute the painting in the Dominican monastery of this Church by Duke of Milan, Ludovico Sforza.

Source: ccat.sas.upenn.edu

Not that I would expect you to believe it.

Blue,

Spin it any way you wish; you plagiarized disinformation and posted it as factual and as your own original ideas.

It's quite evident that you have very little credible knowledge of 'The Last Supper' and, especially, Leonardo. (If you did, you would never call him "Da Vinci," you would know the common details of his life, and you'd know why the painting does not depict a genuine, historical representation of "The Last Supper".)

Of course, it is entirely your decision to trot out your opinions but in doing so you must express YOUR opinions and not those of another. It's okay to borrow facts and opinions, as long as you cite the original source.

Seems that your bibles teach you how to be ignorant and only look within them for knowledge.

lol beckys mom.. thats funnny!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

its so interesting, i was looking at that paint again, if you think about it there was supposed to be endless amount of wine.. no wine cups as i stated in the topic starter, and even more interesting.. if u did move mary magdalene to the left side of jesus' shoulder, she would be resting her head on him...

not to mention the mirrior image...

what did the intellegent renissance man. Da Vinci, see!!!

Or it could just be the way Da Vinci drew. If you look at the other disciples, they're also looking pretty effeminate, aren't they. Though Da Vinci did have a good grasp of physiology, and probably could have done a life-like rendition, he chose in this instance to follow the traditional conventions of painting in the day, which was not absolutely life-like.

But even if it is a woman, who's to say it's Mary Magdalene?

Regards, PA

I just found out that if you place mary magdalene on Jesus' right side then she interlocks with him "perfectly", but a second look showed that it was not quite perfect seeming to me. John obviously looks like a woman and, with all the backup evidence, I'll say it is certainly Mary.

Edited by RamboIII

• 4 years later...

So...Where's John? :huh:

Wheres the necro post...Right there! lol :P

Empress, this is about 4 years old.

But i havent looked, so i have no idea where john is.

Wheres the necro post...Right there! lol :P

Empress, this is about 4 years old.

But i havent looked, so i have no idea where john is.

WOW....4 years....still no answer :)