Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100% original joke

dust19

For some reason, this joke came to me. And I claim it as my very own. I hope I didn't hear it, forget about it, then think I made it up! I'm rather proud of it though.

I was in a terrible accident and became paralyzed from the neck down. My doctor told me that I would no longer be able to drive. Ignoring the obvious I aske "WHY!!?"

"Because you no longer posess any motor skills" He told me.

Lame yes, but still my own laugh.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dust19

• Space Moose

• Bizarro

• j6p

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe

you have to understand my sense of humor. It functions on a separate dimension than most others. Not just another level.

I guess I could go into a long description as to why I think its funny.

1.) The dual meaning of the phrase "motor skills"

-you see motor skills is often used to describe the way the human muscles react and work in time with the brain. But in the "joke" it also refers to one's "skills" in operating a motor vehicle. In both cases, a quadrepilegic (sp?) would possess neither.

(2) It's funny because of it's simplicity...although I actually had to modify the delivery a bit as not to offend anyone out there who may have been in an accident or is paralyzed in any way.

(3)The doctor in the joke doesn't necissarily notice the double meaning in the "motor skills" phrase. He could just be giving a medically accurate reply. (I just imagine him trying to hold back giddy laughter while also trying to remain serious after realizing exactly what he said and how he said it.)

(4) It's funny because I'm pathetic enough to type out all this!

Huhuh...Will we have a complete thesis for each of your Joke man???? laugh.giflaugh.gif  laugh.gif

BWA HA HA HA!!! That is a much beter joke.

I was in a terrible accident and became paralyzed from the neck down. My doctor told me that I would no longer be able to drive. Ignoring the obvious I aske "WHY!!?"

"Because you no longer posess any motor skills" He told me.

Lame yes, but still my own  

Lame.... trying to squeeze another one in there?

"I think it would be funnier if the caption said 'No meat touching, ma'am.'"

- Kevin French, <i>Mission Hill</i>

my joke is my baby. If I happened to have a son who was born with major deformations and mental deficiencies, I would still love him..

such as I love my joke.

wacko.gif

my joke is my baby. If I happened to have a son who was born with major deformations and mental deficiencies, I would still love him..

such as I love my joke.

Ah yes, I have this feeling as well.

Since you have been so brave, I will now share one of my jokes that I find tragically funny but no one else seems to love it.

Marlo: "You know, I am not so sure Genetically Modified food is such a good thing - there are a lot of risks with GM foods."

Billy: "What is the big deal? They have been Genetically Modifying automobiles for years now and nothing bad has come of that."

Marlo: "I've never heard of a Genetically Modified automobile."

Billy: "Sure you have - GMCs. Genetically Modified Chryslers."

So there you go. I bare my throat to you. original.gif

see!? They ARE funny!

Q. How many Ping Pong Balls can fit into a Blender?

A. Because Ice cream doesn't have bones. huh.gif

that's my childhood favorite

Q. How many Ping Pong Balls can fit into a Blender?

A. Because Ice cream doesn't have bones.

that's my childhood favorite

That one is going to need some explaining.

Heheh, I need the ping-pong explained....I too, will add one I think is funny, but usually only get a stare..here goes..

A woman recieves a letter from a company that had put in her new windows..they demanded their pay. Angrily, she storms into the office building swearing that she is being swindled.

"Mam, it has been a year since we have put those windows in, and recieved no payment, how do you figure you are being swindled??"

"I was told when those windows were put in that they would pay for themselves in a years time"

Yeah, yeah, I know, but I have always giggled at that, maybe because I know too many people that would do that blink.giflaugh.gif

okay, the ping pong is funny because and only because of the reaction it yields in large groups. 1 or two people might laught, but not know why they are laughing...only because they know it's a joke. Then a few more people who don't want to look like they don't "get it" will laught as well. It's quite funny.

There were two girraffes in the shower. One said "Hey girraffe, could you pass the soap?" The other one looked at him and said, "What do you think I am! A radio?!?!"

He he he he ... laugh.gif

you really made my day with these jokes ((dust19))

Thansk alot grin2.gif

I have a few other "reaction jokes" as I like to call them. They are very very bad. Not just bad, but wrong in all facets of human decency. I probably would being violating some terms of service by posting them. I think they are nasty, wrong and just plain SICK!, but the reactions they cause are strong..and that is the point. Go to a party, or work., where everyone is having a good happy time, tell one of these joke, everyone will go "awwwwww man!" and probably avoid you for the rest of the evening. It's amazing how it works. It may also, just be where I am from, some people may not be as offended, but the majority will, and that is the point...they have nothing to do with racism or anything like that, just situations that, sick as it is, can be a reality. sad.gif

I am a firm believer that telling a joke is telling a joke, it doesn't have to reflect on the character of the teller. Some joke don't have to be funny, just reaction causing, and to me, I think a strong <shudder> and a look of disgust is a great reaction.

ramble ramble ramble, that is all.

Awww Dust I know the perfect girl for you .

I have a friend who when walking along the roadside and upon spying somebody she may or may not know likes to yell obscure things like . " YOU CAN"T EAT BEEF IN CHRISTCHURCH " do ya want me to hook you up huh.gif ?

nope..I'm to be married next year and there's nobody better! not in the whole universe or any othe rparallel ones either ! grin2.giforiginal.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif