Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

student voted 'Most Likely to Assassinate Bush'

Super Pancake

High School Yearbook Draws Federal Scrutiny

May 27, 2005 -- Identifying students as "most likely to …" is traditional high school yearbook fare, but the supposed inclination of one Colorado student has drawn the attention of the Secret Service.

After about 100 yearbooks were distributed to the students at Mesa Ridge High School in the Colorado Springs suburb of Widefield earlier this month, somebody complained about the caption under one student's photograph, which reads "Most likely to assassinate President Bush."

The caption not only upset the school administrators, it also prompted an investigation by the Secret Service.

Lon Garner, special agent in charge of the Secret Service's Denver District, said all threats against the president must be investigated.

"That's our mission," he said. "That's what we do."

Widefield School District officials said the Bush caption, along with another that read "Most likely to hack into the FBI files to see what really happened at Roswell," were pranks that should have been caught before the yearbooks were printed, but weren't.

The district did not release the names of the staff or students involved.

School officials asked students to return the yearbooks that had already been handed out, and about 70 were returned.

Staff members used black markers to cover up the words in those and the still-undistributed books, leaving most students at the school with yearbooks with a black mark under the student's picture to cover up the phrase that caught the Secret Service's interest.

"They kind of ruined our yearbook," said Christina Tredway, who just graduated from the school.

District spokesman James Drew said future yearbooks will be triple-checked before printing.

source

source 2

Sucks to be that kid probably be on a watch list for a long time! laugh.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Idriss

• pallidin

• Back N Black108

• brittish_gurl

You'd think this school would have had a responsible faculty member doing a final edit. Yeesh. This poor kid is branded now as a threat to national security.

thats waht he gets for acting like he's funny adn cool. once one idiot try's to be funny about bush, a whole bunch follow!

wow..... kind of funny

Well that was just plain stupid! Both the school and the kids should hang there heads in shame... mad.gif

Well that was just plain stupid! Both the school and the kids should hang there heads in shame... mad.gif

645324[/snapback]

I agree yes.gif even though myself i disagree with President Bush i still would not say that i wanted him dead to try to be funny! no.gif i bet that kid is gunna be watched ph34r.gif from the government for a long time...............

645324[/snapback]

I agree yes.gif even though myself i disagree with President Bush i still would not say that i wanted him dead to try to be funny! no.gif i bet that kid is gunna be watched ph34r.gif from the government for a long time...............

645848[/snapback]

Yep, he earned himself a permanent gov file.

645877[/snapback]

Its a shame really disgust.gif how one stupid childish act can effect your life FOREVER yes.gif

645877[/snapback]

Its a shame really disgust.gif how one stupid childish act can effect your life FOREVER yes.gif

645881[/snapback]

Yes it is a shame. But let it be a lesson to everyone that threatening the U.S. President is not only illegal, it does not bode well for the general psyche of the individual.

645877[/snapback]

645881[/snapback]

Yes it is a shame. But let it be a lesson to everyone that threatening the U.S. President is not only illegal, it does not bode well for the general psyche of the individual.

645912[/snapback]

Funny that, i HATE George Bush devil.gif and will admit that i have told people i would want to do something like that blush.gif , but of coarse would NEVER carry it out, for all you know this kid could have been hatching a plan.............. unsure.gif

Funny that, i HATE George Bush devil.gif  and will admit that i have told people i would want to do something like that blush.gif , but of coarse would NEVER carry it out, for all you know this kid could have been hatching a plan.............. unsure.gif

645919[/snapback]

Alienation of ideals from our "rulers" or other heads-of-state is a healthy and welcome attitude. This should never be wrong.

The manners in which one expresses such alienation is, however, remanded to that individual to do so in a decent, mature way.

I think the complainant should be voted "Most Likeely to be Mentored by Bush". If everyone ignored the original comment it would have passed into oblivion by July.

:

645919[/snapback]

Alienation of ideals from our "rulers" or other heads-of-state is a healthy and welcome attitude. This should never be wrong.

The manners in which one expresses such alienation is, however, remanded to that individual to do so in a decent, mature way.

645938[/snapback]

Well its not like i'm going to actually do something, i aint that retarted wacko.gif

Wow, poor guy but stil he shouldn't have wrote that. hmm.gif

I cant understand why a final edit of the yearbook wasn`t carried out by staff to remove such stupid pranks, they are the ones trullt at fault here.

Well its not like i'm going to actually do something, i aint that retarted  wacko.gif

645944[/snapback]

Not saying that you are. Relax. My comments were general in nature and in no way directed towards you.

I cant understand why a final edit of the yearbook wasn`t carried out by staff to remove such stupid pranks, they are the ones trullt at fault here.

645949[/snapback]

Still the boy should NOT have wrote that! no.gif

645949[/snapback]

Agreed. I see some administrators getting their *** spanked. The kid needs a "wake-up" call as well.

Oh come on, it wasn't even a serious threat.

If I was him, I would leave the country, seeking political asylum somewhere else.

Oh come on, it wasn't even a serious threat.

646652[/snapback]

How do you know this? unsure.gif for all you know he COULD have been hatching a plan away................?! w00t.gif

For all you know I could be hatching a plan.

Under these circumstances, I say it's safe to say it was no serious threat. If the guy's intelligent, he knows the safety measures surrounding Bush are so that his hatching plan will never have a chance to succeed.

647802[/snapback]

I see. yes.gif well maybe we should work together to make it happen........... wink2.gif

647802[/snapback]

I see. yes.gif well maybe we should work together to make it happen........... wink2.gif

648050[/snapback]

fine just forget me crying.gif

You'd think this school would have had a responsible faculty member doing a final edit.

They probably did. And it probably went through without causeing a second thought.

Yearbook teacher is probably an echo of most journalism and media, passing their ideas on, and this type of thing is the result.