Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Backmasking

mystery-man

This has been done before but I'm a new member and I thought I might ask about this.

There have been a lot of backmasked songs, funnily enough rock.

But that sweet little Britney Spears has done one - Hit me baby one more time comes out as "Sleep With me I'm not too young"

There was one With Ozzy Osbourne which said something like "get your gun"

I tried out Cradle of Filths - Dinner at Deviants palace but it's all a load of gibberish but Led Zep's stairway to heaven, I think it's purposely done, forwards is about heaven backwards hell makes sense.

There a tenacious D one as well which apparently says "Donkey Crap"

There's also the pokemon rap and Eminems "my name is" which forwards as "my name is what etc" backwards it says, "it's slim, It's eminem repeatedly" purposely done? I think so go to http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm for more

Edited by mystery-man

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery-man

• Celumnaz

• snuffypuffer

• Discordia

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

.tnetni tuohtiw osla ylsuoicnocbus enod eb nac ti kniht I

.tnetni tuohtiw osla ylsuoicnocbus enod eb nac ti kniht I

648912[/snapback]

maybe that is true, I just listened to karate and on the last couple of secs you hear gibberish so right now I just gonna test it

I think that most of them are intentional. Like Stairway to heaven, it's just too coincidental.

It's true!! You can hear donkey crap

are there any other songs not on my list I should test?

I think that most of them are intentional. Like Stairway to heaven, it's just too coincidental.

648945[/snapback]

Maybe you're right

Stairway to heaven must just be coincidence, it would be pretty hard to do it like that but karate was done purposely.

and Judas Priest got sued for saying "do it" in a song which got ppl to attempt suicide

It's still pretty cool how they do it.

Christians think satan did it

648982[/snapback]

Actually, Satan does my laundry. And my shirts have never been whiter. grin2.gif

There have been plenty of cases of intentional backmasking, but they are pretty easy to decipher from the unintentional. Most of the unintentional usually appear to just be gibberish and it's usually picked up on by people who are looking for these things in the first place. In all honesty when I listen to them I just don't hear anything until I actually look at what the lyrics are supposed to be at that point it's still tough to hear exactly what they are saying.

So personally I just think it's coincidence in most cases.

Edit: This is great link that has many of the famous backmasking examples from the last thirty years. It also provides lyrics and tries to give some insight into what or who caused the backmasking.

backmask online

Edited by TheOriginalF

648982[/snapback]

Actually, Satan does my laundry. And my shirts have never been whiter. grin2.gif

649015[/snapback]

I thought satan would have done your laundry black or red being evil

I've just been listening to Black Metal by Cradle of Filth which I couldn't understand a word of. Is there any way that you can reverse this cos I really wanna know? How could I change an mp3 to wav file?

play it into that windows sound recorder is how I used to do it... dunno if windows media player lets you save as different compression... I'm thinking it does nowadays...

and I think you can do it with winamp too, as well as some other stuff I've seen that is made to play stuff backwards, little homemade type proggies.

Yes, most of it is intentional, but I do believe some of it isn't.

Who were those people that were saying people do it in everyday speech, telling maybe a different version of the same story if they were knowingly lying or something like that?

i think it's a bunch of horse**** at the highest level!who the hell listens to that sh** backwards except somebody wacko for waco?