Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

photo used to represent 3 different nuke sites

I am me

All-purpose agitation: Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty (U.S. government agencies) have published an aerial photo showing an actual Iranian nuclear facility. As it happens, however, the same photo was used to show that North Korea had a nuclear facility. And, as though that weren't embarrassing enough, the file name on the photo was

Iraq-nuclear.jpg.

Brad Friedman discovered this example of the reliability of information you get from the U.S. government, and he published his findings on his blog.

The interesting aspect of all this is very simple: Government officials misled us about Iraq, they publish questionable photos, they categorically deny that U.S. military torture is authorized by the government and say they would never send prisoners to other countries to be tortured, only to be refuted by new evidence coming to light. And yet those who are champing at the bit to go after Iran, Syria, or other countries will cite facts about the "enemy" that justify aggressive action — "facts" that come from the same source, the U.S. government, that has been proven wrong so many times.

The next time someone recites all the dangers from Iran, North Korea, Syria, or some other presumed enemy, just remember where all the information about that country has come from.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I am me

• Celumnaz

• wcturnersr

• __Kratos__

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1 of the pictures are actually linked to a story. So it looks like your anti-bush news site is more misleading in the facts than Bush himself. I only depend on news stories from good sources.

The next time someone recites all the dangers from Iran, North Korea, Syria, or some other presumed enemy, just remember where all the information about that country has come from.

649061[/snapback]

CNN? I already question them. N. Korea's testing and posturing? It comes from N. Korea, no? Iran's reports come out of Iran... quoting each countries officials... at least the one's I've seen that don't have pictures. Is this wrong?

I already don't trust CNN whole cloth. Not sure on the picture thing, need to read more on it... wouldn't supprise me *that* much though.

Only 1 of the pictures are actually linked to a story.  So it looks like your anti-bush news site is more misleading in the facts than Bush himself.  I only depend on news stories from good sources.

649090[/snapback]

the news sites have taken down the other photos that are linked. more than one is linked. read it all and take what you want from it. i don't find it hard to belive. the guy has received two emails back giving a reason for the photo being used more than once. of course if you can't trust this guy's information, why should you trust the government's or anybody's at that?

Edited by I am me

649061[/snapback]

CNN? I already question them. N. Korea's testing and posturing? It comes from N. Korea, no? Iran's reports come out of Iran... quoting each countries officials... at least the one's I've seen that don't have pictures. Is this wrong?

I already don't trust CNN whole cloth. Not sure on the picture thing, need to read more on it... wouldn't supprise me *that* much though.

649096[/snapback]

a lot of times it shows where the news came from, what country, but half the time we gave the news to the particular country and then reported that they were the ones to report it.

that was the deal with the japanese report that north korea shot the missile out into the ocean a month or so back. after living overseas and then seeing what the government will report, i don't find anything too far fetched anymore.