Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happened to

The Drake

So, we know that Judas betrayed Jezus. But i'm so stupid that i don't know what happened with him. Is it in the bible or can we only guess what happened?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• GoddessWhispers

• Gabriel

• SilverNitrate

I think in one of the four gospels it says he hanged himself, in another it says he fell over a cliff. So may be he hanged himself on a tree over a cliff and the rope broke?

Matthew 27:3-8 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

Acts 1:18-19 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

So after he hung him self they named a graveyard after him and he did fall from his noose , hit the ground and burst open guts eveywhere. i wonder y he exploded?

he was up there for a few days and started to rot.

kinda like Henry VIII. they waited a little too long to put him in his coffin. when they finally got to it, he wouldnt fit, and they tried to shove him in, and he exploded.

Man, even i knew that about Judas.

Isn't there a legend about the pieces of gold? They're still burried in the field or something.

i think so burnsy the story gets a little fuzzy there people either bought the feild with the boold money or burried the money and othe strangers there. i wonder if the graveyard exsist sill or its been lost?

id would be a good find. it all most sounds like he was turned inside out.

the graveyard has probably been paved over into a parking lot.

Just a tidbit...

Has anyone else seen the dreadful movie, Dracula 2000? The only good things about it were Gerard Butler and the premise. Seems that Dracula was actually Judas--who, after he hug himself, is cursed to become the undead--hence, the fear of the cross and the fear of silver. I thought that was pretty original. Too bad the movie sucked.

the graveyard has probably been paved over into a parking lot.

652835[/snapback]

Or a strip joint tongue.gif

He committed suiucide by hanging himself on a tree after being chased by demons, and extreme guilt.

Judas was Jesus COUSIN (from what I've heard), and initially, Jesus' favourite apostle. Just as satan was God's favourite, so was Judas to Jesus. In the end, Jesus got Judas (and everyone dead from Adam and Eve onward - everyone went to hell or Sheol before Jesus unless they were a prophet) out of hell, and for the first time, humans went to their designated 3rd level of Heaven. Jesus therefore literally because th 'doorway to Heaven' and allowed furture generations the chance to enter Heaven, life deeds dependant.

Judas, also, it was said, turned against Jesus by God's will. Why God chose Jesus' own cousin to turn against Him is anyone's guess but it was according to porphecy (or part of it).

The legend about the feild is false, at least as far as I know. The gold was used to pay for a grave yard because it was blood money.

Judas himself hanged himself.

The legend about the feild is false, at least as far as I know. The gold was used to pay for a grave yard because it was blood money.

Forgive me, but what gold?

Excerpt:

"Then one of the 12, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, and said unto them, 'What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you?' And they covenanted with him for 30 pieces of *silver." Matthew 26:14-15.

*Shekels of Tyre were the only currency accepted at the Jerusalem Temple and are the most likely coinage with which Judas was paid for the betrayal of Christ. (*Source Link*)

Re:The purchase of Potters field has a conflicting history to that afforded in the bible. (*Interesting read though wink2.gif ) *LINK*

Here's an aside, re: Judas's alleged hanging by the neck until dead. How, if the rope breaks, does one fall headlong to the ground? unsure.gif

Edited by GoddessWhispers

QUES: Was Judas ever forgiven for betraying Jesus?

Yes. Judas said, “I have sinned,” [and] “I have betrayed innocent blood.” This meant that he repented and was forgiven by God the Father. Most churches never inform their congregations about this fact. Now read it for yourself.

Matthew 27:3-4:: King James Version (KJV) – “Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.”

bump

Consider also that Judas fulfilled his mission, per Jesus instructions. Because Jesus was fulfilling Old Testament scripture's prophecy about the coming of the Messiah.

Make no mistake; Jesus was not poor! He was educated by the Essenes and his family, who were Carpenters (for generations), during the era of his birth (between 4 & 7 B.C.) would have been well paid for their skills, given the environment and materials at hand. One who is skilled in the labor of transforming wood into working materials was highly valued. Consequently he would have had access to the best education because his family was of means. And as such he would have been well versed in the Torah and the ancient prophecies foretelling of a savior. Hence his re-enactment of all of the signs attributable to that saviors arrival, in the New Testament. (*Link*

Further, in relation to Judas and his alleged "betrayal". His mission was foretold as well. "Betrayal by a friend" (see above link). And I think if one considers Judas' departure time, relative to Jesus instructions, to go forth and report his whereabouts to the Pharisees, it is obvious that Jesus and all of the Apostles must have allowed it.

John 18:3 Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. (*Link*)

Do you really believe all of those followers of the Christ would have allowed Judas out of the room (sight of the first communion), if it were not that they were told to by the Christ himself?

When that band, led by Judas, came for Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane certain of his disciples who were with him proved they were not adherents to a philosophy of non-violence. (slicing off of the soldiers ear by sword). Even Jesus did not proclaim himself to be a prince of peace.

Matthew 10:34  Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

If Judas is believed to have hanged himself, as there is much contention over that issue alone, perhaps it was because he could not live with the fact that he had fulfilled the orders given by his family (Jesus), that would insure Jesus' Crucifixion. One of the worst measures of capital punishment applied under Roman Law. Hence, crosses today may symbolize the Christ story, however in the day they were reviled and feared, as a symbol of capital torture and death. sad.gif

Edited by GoddessWhispers

1. Yes it was silver not gold

2. That was the point I was trying to get across SN. Jesus forgave Judas and got him and every other soul from the beginning of time out of hell. St. Jude (there ARE two, however), IS Judas, and a plague of St. Jude is on our house here.

3. Whether Jesus was well educated or not isn't all that relevant. He WAS however, of a royal bloodline through both Mary AND Joseph. I agree Jesus did not say He was a Prine of Peace, He said He;d turn family memebers against each other and said Himself He was NOT here for peace. He was here for Revolution. However, e wasn't doing the 'first Communion' on the 'Last Supper', what He was doing was what is ALWAYS done on a Passover Sedar...breaking bread, which He changed the symbolism of. He did let Judas go, because He knew what had to happen.

Now about the cross, originally the symbol for Christianity was the fish (for Pisces) as Jesus was the sacrifice (Pisces deals with sacrifice), there were no crosses, and personally, I think they could have chosen a better symbol.

3. Whether Jesus was well educated or not isn't all that relevant. He WAS however, of a royal bloodline through both Mary AND Joseph. I agree Jesus did not say He was a Prine of Peace, He said He;d turn family memebers against each other and said Himself He was NOT here for peace. He was here for Revolution. However, e wasn't doing the 'first Communion' on the 'Last Supper', what He was doing was what is ALWAYS done on a Passover Sedar...breaking bread, which He changed the symbolism of. He did let Judas go, because He knew what had to happen. 

How is it that the fact he was well educated is not all that relevant!? He was of a royal bloodline, is true and most everyone knows that. That he was fulfilling the prophecy attributable to the heirs of King David , is because he was educated as to the history of his people and the prophecy of the Messiah in the ancient texts. Information an ignorant man would not have had, bloodline not withstanding.

Yes, the breaking of bread is passover. Everyone who studies the bible or knows anything about the subject of this thread, knows that too. However when Jesus blessed the bread and wine at passover and passed it to his disciples it became the first communion, and symbolic of the new testament.

Matthew 26: 26-28

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know ASC, it's one thing to have faith. It's another to be contrary to others while trying to represent your knowledge of that faith by deliberately contradicting what others have put forth so as to insert your own opinion, which while contrary in attitude, re-doubles that which has already been said by someone else! Perhaps it's because someone who isn't Christian dares proffer knowledge about the faith, that you don't respect and so you say the same thing they said because you are of the faith. What ever the case, you'll probably say that same old tired line about trying to convert you or make you doudt your belief's just because I said that, but that's just a cop out and others see it for what it is.

In truth, if you knew as much as you think you know you would realize education of the ignorant isn't an attempt at religious conversion; it's an attempt to educate the ignorant, which everyone is, about something or another. It's not a sin, it's not a crime, and vanquishing the veil of ignorance isn't conversion, it's the first step unto knowledge.

That the ignorant flail and cry, "You shall not convert me!" , when approached by those who would seek to assist the ignorant to step out of the darkness doesn't prove one is devout of faith. It proves they are devoted to remaining faithful to ignorance, in the name of faith and that's when it becomes pathetic!

"True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance." - Akhenaton

What? Whose being converted - did I say a word about converting?

I don't personally see how Jesus (or, rather, more technically, YESHUA, which was His REAL name) being educated has any relevance to this thread. Being educated in the Torah means what to the fact that He fulfilled prophecies outside of His own control? Did people run after Him while He healed the sick, dying, etc because He was educated? No amount of eductaion can bring a 3 day old dead man (Lazarus) back to life, no amount of eductaion would make Roman emperors put an innocent man to death with punsihments more severe that a pyschopathic murderer. No amount of eductaion could have affected the Star of Bethlehem, a triple conjunction from occuring at His very brith which riled up Herod, etc.

Yes, He broke the bread (or Matzah, technically), and drank the wine, but what I'm pointing out is that these customs of BREAKING Matzah 'bread' and drinking/handing around wine was ALREADY a Passover custom. Jesus, changed the meaning of Passover which THEN because what peopl now refer to as 'first Communion' but it wasn't an entirely new custom. Jesus was doing a normal Passover Sedar, and in doing so, like I said, changed the meaning of it.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what it is your getting at....