Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen King's New project: Rose Red

NessyK

I understand that Stephen King has written a new film called "Rose Red" based on the "true" life story of the Mansion in Washington State called "Rose Red".  In 41 years, over 26 people disappeared or were murdered on its premises.  Some under very mysterious circumstances indeed.

Check out the Parapsychology Dept. research, of Beaumont University into the subject at:

http://www.beaumontuniversity.net/programs2.html

Do you think it's a hoax?

For the record - I do.

;)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NessyK

• Mystify

• Tommy

• dean-g

Here`s another link on some info about the movie....

http://w1.192.telia.com/~u19211139/roseredseatle.html

As for the truth behind it.... I find it hard to believe the account is true so far just purely based on the fact that there are very little sites about it off Google...

But i'll keep looking.

None the less... i would still go see the movie... looks good to me.

;)  Aaawww, Shucks!  Thanks Tommy!

By the way, does anyone know anything about Beaumont University?  I "registered" with the parapsychology Dept and I've received an official looking e-mail in return.  However, if you check out their website, one of the parapsychology courses for the degree is a study of Rose Red.  VERY GOOD hoax, if that is what it is!

NessyK

Thanks to Mystify I saw this, which appears to answer my question

King placed the fictional Rose Red house at Spring Street and Sixth Avenue near the turn of the century, on a foundation of blood and tragedy that spawns its supernatural forces.

God, he is good!  Sorry that he's going blind though.

Does anyone else have, as I do, every book he's ever published?

Oh excellent, thanks for pointin` that out ... looks good. Have to keep a close eye one that!  ;)

Oh and NessyK, that Gargoyle is pretty Freaky!  ;D

I Actually had the chance last night to watch the first part of Rose Red`s 6 hour mini series. It was actually pretty good.

Now the characters in the movie are nothing close to resembling the ones off the site Nessy first provided, thus leaving me to believe that King's was a rendition based on possible true accounts.

It was a very good story none the less and hope to get to watch the other 4 hours left.

the film does look really good can't wait till they show it over here or it comes out on dvd.

cheers for the link Nessyk

Oh and is it too early to ask for xmas pressies?

as I would really like one of those Gargoyles it would look just right on the side of my house....plus it would annoy the neighbours! *lol* ;D

Sorry, but i thought the movie sucked.  It was terrible, even for King.  The acting is so crappy, but i guess thats what I get for watching a made-for-tv movie.

Stephen King comes up with great ideas for books and they always start brilliantly.  BUT he seems to get bored 3/4 of the way through and hurry his endings (they usually end up pretty 'panny' me thinx).  Shame though.

:-/

:)

MC, I never said it was up for awards. It`s a paramount pictures movie. It`s not supposed to be the greatest as it was made for TV. I enjoyed the story behind it and found it none the less entertaining...

ScaryD you hit the nail on the head there, the build up is great but ending is rushed or flawed in some way and i generally come away dissatisfied from king's novels and TV movie adaptions - the Stand is a great example of this.

Anyway a link about Steven King stopping writing:

http://www.cosmiverse.com/scifi01290202.html