Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"The Institute"

j6p

I have relocated, but Not of my choosing, the fates have conspired against me.

I have been residing at the Laury's Station Institute for the Study of Theoretical Physics and Wine Making for some time now. I was getting really good at the wine making part too. In fact I got so good at it I was graduating to the next level; separating the alcohol from the water.

Towards that end, I assembled a rather nifty apparatus, and was deep in the pursuit of my scientific studies on the effects of alcohol on the cerebral cortex and its ability to enhance perception into the mysteries of the universe, when an unforseen side effect caused a rather disturbing incident.

It appears that inebriation effects the inner ear and motor system of Homo-sapiens, and when pursuing this type of scientific endeavor, it is best not to do so in the same locality as the apparatus. I knocked over the flask of distillate into the heating mantle causing an instantaneous conflagration. It nearly burnt down the entire Institute. Luckily the local fire company arrived just in time, and only the west wing was damaged.

Unfortunately all that water from the fire hoses washed out the cinder blocks that were under the wheels of the "Institute", and it rolled down the hill, across the county line, and came to rest in a thicket in the next county.

I am now residing at the Northampton Institute for the Study of Theoretical Physics and Bowling Clinic. The "Revenuers" confiscated the scientific apparatus, and all my reagents. So if my thoughts on the Theoretical composition of time, space, gravity, and the nature of the universe seem a little less enlightened than previously, it is due to the fact that I am currently without aid of any perception stimulating reagents.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Homer

• djdodo

• Halo_Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why ... every thing Islam told us not to do it ... becuase it is bad and it will affect us in some way ... wink.gif

and that is one of the reasons original.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif ..hic.. w00t.gif

user posted image @ Kismit laugh.gif

Cheers Halo , grin2.gif looks like youve got a lovely bottle of wine there , and your drinkin it so classy laugh.gif Kind of makes me jealouse ...

Too right Dj , My post wasn't supposed to look like that at all  :huh:

OOOH Kismit... yes it was! Yes it was! laugh.gif

((djdodo)) Does the Koran actually mention anything about not being allowed to drink alcohol? huh.gif

Funny post, J6P...

Well ... Quran does not say it exactly ... or doesn't say why it is bad ... but what I know ... that it is bad because it takes away the mind ... and makes a person forget about every thing and make him forget about God ... and that is bad ... Quran does not tell us every thing ... it wants us to discover on our own ... grin2.gif

I hope I gave the right info ... thanks ((Phantom)) for asking ... original.gif

that it is bad because it takes away the mind ... and makes a person forget about every thing...

I don't indulge in alcohol, but I still have that problem. Perhaps I should start indulging to reverse the affects laugh.gif