Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Backmasking

F. Mulder

I have software that you can play music backwards with. If you guys tell me songs you have suspicions about, I can figure out the lyrics and tell you guys them.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fallingalien

• F. Mulder

• PadawanOsswe

• Great Big Sea

check out this sites supposed backmasked songs, is the britney spears one real?

click here

Freaked me out just a bit. Never heard HIghway to heaven backwards.

though these song's could have been edited to sound like they do in reverse... or its just randomn sounds that sound like words.

cause some of the supposed reverse "stairway to heaven" lyrics dont make sense at all blink.gif

That song missy eliot did... Work it... the Chorus is backwards... help any?

I have software that you can play music backwards with. If you guys tell me songs you have suspicions about, I can figure out the lyrics and tell you guys them.

657228[/snapback]

where did you get the software? try linkin park songs, like breaking the habit.

The Britney Spears song reversed is real. I downloaded the song, then I used Sony Sound Forge to see if it was true. Yep..yep it's true.

If you want to hear the music played backwards for real, get a microphone got to the recording program in 'Entertainment' and record it then reverse the song, some of it is real, I said the lines and it came out saying stuff.

The Queen one only sounds like "It's fun to smoke Marijuana"

I suggest you download Karate by Tenacious D right at the end you hear a mubled line, play it backwards and then you get the words "Donkey Crap" very clearly.

Stairway to Heaven really freaked me out though. First it's about heaven backwards it about hell, I can't work out if it's coincidence or purposely done, what do you lot think?

And Britneys Spears' one is strange but probably real. Saying "Sleep with me I'm not too young"

And then theres the Weird Al Yankovich song which says "Satan eats Cheese Whizz" (What's cheese whizz btw?)

• 2 months later...

Ok, first off, Cheez Whiz is cheese in a can. Second of all, my friend is a big Zeppilen fan (he owns every album) and he was searching through satanic stuff about the band, and it said that how they came up for the lyrics for Stairway to Heaven, is because they were sitting around the fire in a hotel room, and then the lyrics came out of the fireplace. It was actually a witch giving them the song. I just got the Stairway to Heaven Poster, and it actually talks about " a lady we all know" and then later it talks about "and soon the tune will come to you", and suddenly it all makes sense. I have to admit, listening to it backwards really creeps me out.

click here

657235[/snapback]

Reverse speech (unless it's deliberate) is one phenomenon I think is ridiculous. It's hard enough to talk forward. How can you decide what you want to say forward but somehow at the same time unconsciously create a secret message backwards?

Most clips I've heard (like in the above site) are really not convincing.

But they do still kind of creep me out.

Edited by Rare and Unusual Human Creature

Missy Elliot work it? Huh, well she is the kinda person to do that in her songs original.gif

click here

657235[/snapback]

Reverse speech (unless it's deliberate) is one phenomenon I think is ridiculous. It's hard enough to talk forward. How can you decide what you want to say forward but somehow at the same time unconsciously create a secret message backwards?

Most clips I've heard (like in the above site) are really not convincing.

But they do still kind of creep me out.

795765[/snapback]

One way, is if you wanna say hello, you say hello then play it backwords, then make the noise.

There was a Pokemon song? dontgetit.gif The stairway to heaven song backwards is creepy. I remember listening to that song backwards on this site a few few months ago.

Hello iv been looking at backmasking a bit and just wanted to add that the song everyday-buddy holly may contain a backwards message. In one line it says 'love like yours will surely come my way' and reversed i made it out to be 'love hurts when someone gets in the way of things'. I discovered this when playing all of my music collection backwards. Also found work it-missy elliot to be true, when I tried some of the mentioned michael jackson songs I couldn't hear any of the given words.

i just played my tenacious d cd in reverse in my dvd player to figure out it was saying 'donkey crap' when i first got it. i didn't use a bunch of expensive equipment. worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been interested in Backmasking for quite a while. I would have made a topic on it, if I had not found this.

I'm just startin' to like Led Zeppelin.

I've always liked Queen.

That John Lennon 'Imagine' one is wierd.

Along with the Pink Floyd one (hence my avatar/sig).

check out some of r. gary patterson's work. his books are a pretty fun read. some of them get into back masking. a lot of this is just phonetic reversals though. that's where you hear a syllable backwards, when you combine it with other syllables played backwards your mind tries to make words out of it.

a famous example is "revolution 9" by the beatles. played forward it says "number nine" repeatedly, but backwards sounds like "turn me on dead man"