Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
mr_halo

Devil's Hole Cave, Boone County, Arkansas

132 posts in this topic

OzarkHowler

I live down in Ripley County, Missouri, we are in the Ozarks down here, a lot of caves too, as far as I know there isn't any scary cave beasts here, but I have heard about this cave before

DfizzleShizzle

Anyone know the cords. of the cave? So maybe someone could try to google earth it or sometin.

EDIT: This also seems kinda familiar to the Mel's hole thread that was posted a little while back. Cept instead of a cave I think it was like a small hole in the ground that went down hundreds of feet or sometin. Someone should chekc the familiararaties of the two stores

Edited by Heartagram3200

Undeadskeptic

Is this related to the Boomer? Said to be either a giant lizard or dinosaur of the North American mountains.

Rob008

There is a 1975 movie called Encounter with the Unknown. The movie tells two stories. The second one pertains to hole in Missiouri. The story goes a boy loses his dog and thinks fell into this strange hole on his dad's property. The dad goes down the hole and comes up screaming with his hair white. Now, does this story sound familiar. I'm attaching the link from youtube. I'm not putting the first story. Great movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAV9dEypH9o&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLF04AE1FB244C4DF1

DieChecker

I was going down the thread titles and saw one by Mr_Halo. I was like... whoa this has got to be like a 5 or 6 year old thread, as Halo has been gone a long time.

Anyway, thanks for the youtube link. Wonder why the dog went down the hole.

zednuts

Great thread guys. Don't take this as criticism but the original story reminds me of events at a goldmine near here. In the 1930's two miners became annoyed by the big Irishman working with them. He was always pushing them out of the way to be the first man at the rockface. Well they started whispering stories that the mine was haunted. The superstitous irishman wasn't impressed till one day he raced down the mine as usual but this time there was a mighty shreik and he flew up the ladder nearly as quick as he'd gone down. That day he packed and left refusing to discuss why.

Turns out they'd put a koala down there at the end of the tunnel ^_^

ropenseeker

The third edition of the nonfiction book "Live Pterosaurs in America" includes a sighting of a flying creature seen in Arkansas. It is thought to live in caves during the day, although this particular eyewitness did not mention that possibility, only what was seen flying:

". . . me and my older brother were sitting in our carport at Union Village Apartments, in Texarkana, AR. It was getting dark but there was plenty of light in the sky when we saw what we believe to be a pterodactyle. The wingspan seemed to be about 25’ to 30’ ft wide. It was probably about 70’ to 80’ off the ground, flying over a large tree in front of the house. I never saw the wings flap; it just glided on air. The incident was very brief but nonetheless was an awesome sight to see. If someone would have told me that they had seen a creature like that, I doubt I would have believed the story until I saw it for myself. . . . We did not see any signs of feathers, just sharp edged wings, the sharp pointed beak, and the sharp pointed crest on its head. . . . I have looked at my dinosaur book and the picture of the pteranodon looked like what we saw."