Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In search of Noah's Ark

UM-Bot

noah.jpg
While Christians who take the Bible at face value don't doubt the possibility of discovering the remains of Noah's Ark, caution ought to be the order of the day, a Southern Baptist seminary professor said. "A large portion of the interest surrounding the issue seems to be centered in the desire to prove the miraculous," said Timothy Pierce, professor of Old Testament at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BP News

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iaapac

• fallingalien

• aquatus1

• Spud Webb

Still, the good professor has a point. If you are going to use something as proof, you should make sure that A.), it is actually proof of something, and B.) whatever it is proof of has a need to be proven true.

not sure if any of you had heard of this story but, there was a basket with fish and bread in it, adn there was hundreds and hundreds of people who needed some, so they started giving out the food and there was only like 5 fish and one part of bread, they still kept giving it out but it never ran out, god kept replacing it, I think the same with the arc, even if it was small, god would have kept making room

well people are pretty dumb to begin with...

"True knowledge comes from knowing that you know nothing"

The real tradgedy is produced from those who do believe in some blind faith without question.

"ALL TRUTH PASSES THROUGH THREE STAGES. FIRST IT IS RIDICULED, SECOND IT IS VIOLENTLY OPPOSED, AND THIRD... IT IS ACCEPTED AS SELF-EVIDENT."

An Fourth, it is replaced by another Truth as time passes.

This article reminds me of Kennedy's (was it him?) admonition to the creationists "We do not need to teach that the Earth is Flat or that the stars fall from the heavens in order to believe in God."

You never know. There could be boats buried oin mountains all around the world, covered up with rock, debris and snow. Many civilizations have marked the period of a great flood. And when the waters receited boats were trapped in their landing strips.

if it had been found wouln't it be a huge deal on the news? i havent heard anythning about it being found on the news.. i remeber seeing some pictures of the ark though, but they werent sure if that was really the ark.

The Ark, if it does exsist, would have been made primitivley. It is a very off-chance that it could have exsisted for thousands of years and survived.

Fundamentalist christians, on the other hand, might say that it cannot be derstroyed because it was made in gods will, but as a liberal christian I see it as just a story/fable.

I just hope not too much money is being spent on this laugh.gif

I put the story of Noah along with the story of the Odyssye. It has its base in fact, but was written as a story to be told verbally as most cultures keep their history. And you have to embellish a story or No One will remember it. sleepy.gif

The fact that it was wood is the entire idea behind it all. That much wood in one place some think there should still be a sign of it left behind. But then again if it came to rest on high land they must have lived in it for a long time because trees would have been washed off the hill side. And years after it came to rest maybe they just took it apart to build condos hmm.gif But maybe that is where it went they should look more into the materials used to build the structures near the place it came to rest. Who knows! yes.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Its already been found Dude Late story tongue.gif

Dont belive me

Check dis:

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/noahs-ark-07.htm

660630[/snapback]

He's right. For the simple reason that you can not control someone who is spiritually aware. Better to keep the masses ignorant until you can use the knowledge to your advantage. Here's a picture.

user posted image

On a slightly different but related subject. Have you heard of this story of the guy who says is about the retreive the ark of the covenant?

Kabbalist Blesses Jones: Now´s the Time to Find Holy Lost Ark

14:03 May 20, '05 / 11 Iyar 5765

An unnamed Kabbalist has granted blessing to famed archeologist Dr. Vendyl Jones to uncover the Holy Ark of the Covenant. Jones plans to excavate the Lost Ark by the Tisha B’Av Fast this summer (Aug 15). Cont...

Kabbalist Blesses Jones: Now´s the Time to Find Holy Lost Ark

We are currently in the end times! Is your soul prepared?

"True knowledge comes from knowing that you know nothing"

The real tradgedy is produced from those who do believe in some blind faith without question.

"ALL TRUTH PASSES THROUGH THREE STAGES.  FIRST IT IS RIDICULED,  SECOND IT IS VIOLENTLY OPPOSED,  AND THIRD... IT IS ACCEPTED AS SELF-EVIDENT."

661326[/snapback]

Wow, great quotes. Mind if I use them in a sig?

The Ark, if it does exsist, would have been made primitivley. It is a very off-chance that it could have exsisted for thousands of years and survived.

Fundamentalist christians, on the other hand, might say that it cannot be derstroyed because it was made in gods will, but as a liberal christian I see it as just a story/fable.

I just hope not too much money is being spent on this laugh.gif

662587[/snapback]

I think it was well crafted. However, I highly doubt anyone will ever find anything from it much less it still being intact.

If they do ever find the Ark... what does that prove? That some guy built a pretty big boat?

• 5 weeks later...

Personnally I think its a bunch of crap all of it, stories made up to tell kids. We should just let this drop, its a waste of good money. There are tons more religieus stories like this, some even better, so why havent the others been investigated yet? Cuz there are no good ''naturel coincidences'' based on those stories, like the Noahs Ark one.

I mean come on, a guy builds a boat and takes a whole zoo with him and seeds the whole world (or however the story goes like) hmm.gif Yeah sounds really true to me.

No offence meant this message, just my opinion I like to share.

Edited by Baku

First off, there is a possibility the Ark is on that Aramat mount. or whatever it's called. Also as far as the Ark of Convenant-I had read a story that I can't find now that was a guy saying he had dug for over 10 yrs. and found he Ark but after he found it, he decided to leave it. Cuz God says it won't be revealed until the End times. Yet there I've seen on tv that they say it's kept in this hut like structure and is guarded all the time. So some big people are lying here!!

• 3 months later...

I actually saw this on unsolved mysteries and another man also believes he's found Noahs ark. Another witness years later claimed to see the ark in the same area. It was snowy werever it was and it looked as if the ark had split in half. They could see different levels and decks. I'll try to find a link. I honestly think it sounded more credible, but I could be wrong. Prob. Am I dunno

It is generally accepted that the Noah story originated from the early Sumerian writings involving Enlil and Enki. Even at that, there would be problems with the story. First of all, there is not enough water in the hydro-system of the earth to create a rain to cover the earth. There are, however, early writings from Greek philosophers telling of a time when some cosmic event pushed Mars close to the earth . . . . close enough for lightening bolts to pass between the planets. If that is true and it is discovered that Mars has sodium and chloride deposits, then the great flood could have occurred at that time since the gravity of the earth is remarkably stronger than that of Mars and it could have literally pulled the water from Mars onto the earth. This would explain several things such as why we continue to discover rocks from Mars on the earth (France, Anarctica, Africa, China) as well as explaining why Mars is a dry planet in spite of the fact that it has distinct water lines and level markings. It would also explain why the oceans are so incredibly salty . . . . so salty, in fact, that there was never enough salt deposits on the earth to create that level of salidity.

If that was the case, we still have a problem with the dimensions given in Scripture since the craft would not have been large enough to perform the tasks prescribed, considering the quantity of animals and the food supply necessary for them. Remember, it was not a pair of each animal . . . . read again carefully.

Generally I think we are dealing with an ancient myth but I am nonetheless intrigued with the thought of Mars as the source of our oceans.

That story where the ark was found as posted earlier is false. Carbon dating told it wasn't old enough to be Noah's ark.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you have heard but, some guy with his son went on mount ararat and got some wood that was under snow cut some off and they did a test on it, it was around 5000 years old, erfect amount of time ago.

but now they won't let anyone on the mountain to look for it or anything and you know why right? I'm not trying to be mean or anything but, they're musilum and they don't want people finding proof of christians God. This would prove Christians religion correct, anyone who says no means they don't wanna believe

It is generally accepted that the Noah story originated from the early Sumerian writings involving Enlil and Enki. Even at that, there would be problems with the story. First of all, there is not enough water in the hydro-system of the earth to create a rain to cover the earth. There are, however, early writings from Greek philosophers telling of a time when some cosmic event pushed Mars close to the earth . . . . close enough for lightening bolts to pass between the planets. If that is true and it is discovered that Mars has sodium and chloride deposits, then the great flood could have occurred at that time since the gravity of the earth is remarkably stronger than that of Mars and it could have literally pulled the water from Mars onto the earth. This would explain several things such as why we continue to discover rocks from Mars on the earth (France, Anarctica, Africa, China) as well as explaining why Mars is a dry planet in spite of the fact that it has distinct water lines and level markings. It would also explain why the oceans are so incredibly salty . . . . so salty, in fact, that there was never enough salt deposits on the earth to create that level of salidity.

If that was the case, we still have a problem with the dimensions given in Scripture since the craft would not have been large enough to perform the tasks prescribed, considering the quantity of animals and the food supply necessary for them. Remember, it was not a pair of each animal . . . . read again carefully.

Generally I think we are dealing with an ancient myth but I am nonetheless intrigued with the thought of Mars as the source of our oceans.

Nope, mars and earth would have crashed together. If you believe that but don't believe there's enough rain to cover the earth then something isn't right.

But you're right there isn't enough rain to cover the earth, God made the rain in the clouds to flood for 40 days and 40 nights.