Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The smell of roses

saint seiya

I smell roses and call me crazy insane whatever I have tried in the past to find the source of those roses but in the dead of winter not a rose bush in site I have smelled them

recently in the last 2 weeks I have smelled them while sitting on my neighbors porch and again yesterday I called my neighbor last night and was told her sister passed away .

in the past I have had close friends and family pass

coincidence maybe ?

Coincidence or you need a CAT scan. No joking.

• Like 1

I have always heard that the smell of roses when there are no roses around means a good spirit or angel is around.

• 1 year later...

I am a skeptic, I am a no non-sense type of guy and I always find logical answers for everything.

This happened to me in December of 2007. My father had passed not even a week and I was at his house in the backyard taking care of some business. I wasnt really thinking of much. Many of the things Im about to explain are exactly as others have stated to the "T".

The faint smell of roses started and I immediately turned to see where it was coming from. I was very cold out and nothing was green. I began taking bigger breaths to confirm what I was smelling and the fragrant aroma just got stronger and stronger. It too lasted from 2-3 minutes.

I surely thought someone had pulled up front to pay their respects all perfumed up so I walked around the house and saw no one. The neighbors houses were too far and none were out. I kept trying to find the source then I remembered a rose bush he and my grandmother loved dearly. I walked over to it and it was all brown stems not even a leaf on it. The fragrance was not coming from there but it was then that I realized what was happening. I had never before heard of any of this but I knew.

I told many people about it and heard similar stories from some. Very funny about the middle of winter as the others but that is when my Dad passed.

I was talking to a friend about the Holy Rosary tonight and I got this huge taste of a perfume in my mouth not my nose...Not neccessarily roses and I had nothing perfumy around. It reminded me of my dad's house and the rose smell so I looked it up online and thats why Im positng tonight.

My father and grandmother were very spiritual so I know it was divine. Anyone who puts a negative on this may be the demon so just ignore it.

I feel so very blessed to have experienced this very phenomena. Made GOD so very real to me.

• Like 1

It happened to my friend's father after he died. As soon as he did, they could smell roses/flowers in the room. It brought them peace and gave them a sense of relief that their loved one is in a better place. I've read about Saints and Nuns who've passed and still maintain their pleasant roses/flower scents.

I am a skeptic, I am a no non-sense type of guy and I always find logical answers for everything.

This happened to me in December of 2007. My father had passed not even a week and I was at his house in the backyard taking care of some business. I wasnt really thinking of much. Many of the things Im about to explain are exactly as others have stated to the "T".

The faint smell of roses started and I immediately turned to see where it was coming from. I was very cold out and nothing was green. I began taking bigger breaths to confirm what I was smelling and the fragrant aroma just got stronger and stronger. It too lasted from 2-3 minutes.

I surely thought someone had pulled up front to pay their respects all perfumed up so I walked around the house and saw no one. The neighbors houses were too far and none were out. I kept trying to find the source then I remembered a rose bush he and my grandmother loved dearly. I walked over to it and it was all brown stems not even a leaf on it. The fragrance was not coming from there but it was then that I realized what was happening. I had never before heard of any of this but I knew.

I told many people about it and heard similar stories from some. Very funny about the middle of winter as the others but that is when my Dad passed.

I was talking to a friend about the Holy Rosary tonight and I got this huge taste of a perfume in my mouth not my nose...Not neccessarily roses and I had nothing perfumy around. It reminded me of my dad's house and the rose smell so I looked it up online and thats why Im positng tonight.

My father and grandmother were very spiritual so I know it was divine. Anyone who puts a negative on this may be the demon so just ignore it.

I feel so very blessed to have experienced this very phenomena. Made GOD so very real to me.

Thank you for sharing and my I'm sorry about you father. I hope it brought you some comfort that you were given such a blessing from God.

Yeah I sometimes smell delicate Rose odours and it always brings to mind my Grandmother who loved roses.

Mind you, there were roses blooming last time I was hit with the smell but they are the variety that have a reduced odour and different scent or none at all, just the typical rubis scent

I'm quite the opposite of many posters here so far. When I do smell roses I immediately associate it with death and bad feelings. For me it has nothing to do with peaceful a passing or fond memories. The scent of roses simply reminds me of funerals and loss.

• 2 years later...
On 6/7/2005 at 0:45 PM, saint seiya said:

Well theres this legend in Mexico that when someone dies you start to smell roses.It is said that when you smell roses it means thatwhoever died is close. But has anyone heard of this?

I experience this alot, hoping to find out why, I usually get knews of someone Has passed away. I get scared when it happens, thought I was just crazy at first.Hope someone. can explain.

Edited by cajundee

On 3/6/2009 at 2:25 AM, E. Sommer said:

I work for a hospice on the marketing team---I don't spend a lot of time with patients one- on- one, but yesterday, March 5, 2009---I heard from one of our nurses that a patient that I know and spent time with was actively dying. I found out that the patient's son wanted her fingernails painted one last time---so I went out to paint them. When I walked into her room at a nursing home---an strong, beautiful odor of roses hit me...and I asked the nurse if she smelled the roses...I looked around the room---no roses anywhere...there were a few camellias around her dresser---i smelled them---camellias don't have a strong odor, if any odor at all. The nurse told the rose smell was from the angels that were around her...I've had no prior knowledge of the smell of roses and impending death----and I experienced death and smell of roses---absolutely incredible---glad someone started this posted---it helps explain what I experienced. Thanks

ty very much

• 1 year later...

I could smell roses in my bed room on the same night one of my friends commited suicide. 

Edited by Avalanche

15 hours ago, Margaret1313 said:

I smell roses a few days before someone close to me is going to die. 

Hello, welcome to UM. 

Care to explain? I’d hazard to say that it’s a psychological thing.