Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What to do when your house is haunted

Starlyte

Thanks to the type of work that I do, I meet people on what seems an almost weekly basis who have (or claim to have) a ghost in their house. These otherworldly encounters may not be occurring at the present time, or may have happened in a house where they used to live, but they assure me that strange things did, or do, occur at the place they inhabit.

Perhaps even more frequent than these chance, fact-to-face encounters are the phone calls and email messages that I receive from people who also claim to be going through the same predicament. All manner of strangeness may be reported and on many occasions, the callers and correspondents will ask what they should do about their uninvited and often spooky guests.

Should they move out? Should they stay? Should they talk to the specters or ignore them? What is the best thing to do in this situation? And most of all, should they contact a ghost hunter to come in an investigate?

LINK

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VikingEd

• Kismit

• djdodo

• uranium101

I've heard many things about this subject but no real answer except for calling a ghost buster (they are real).

I have a theory I beleive you should embrace the ghost, ghosts are meant to haunt you! If you don't care about them why would they stay? They would get bored and leave just like somone would do if you ingnored them when they are annoying you.

Hope I could help

Starlyte, I have some personal experience of this sort of thing, I am skeptical of a lot of things and I like a joke, but what happened to me was something I do not wish to experience again. About 13 years ago my mum and her boyfriend bought a chapel (small church thing) and converted it into a house. The 3 bedrooms were downstairs, and the kitchen and living room were upstairs. After about 2 weeks things started to happen. I'd be in the living room (upstairs) and I'd hear someone walking about downstairs, even though I was the only person in the house. Eventually I realised that it happened so frequently I had to tell someone. I told my mother and I couldn't believe it when she said she had heard the same thing. After that it got more intense. I remember very vividly when my girlfriend and I were alone in the house. We were in the bottom bedroom when we heard the front door lock click and the front door open, even though we hadn't locked the door. I just assumed that it was my mother, and shouted "Hiya!" No reply. I though ' bloody hell, she's deaf ' so I shouted "Hiya!" again. No reply. What happened next freaks me to this day. We heard footsteps coming down the hall and stop outside our bedroom door. We were petrified! Sarah (ex girlfriend - who can back this up) and I were papping ourselves. Then, all of a sudden there was a HUGE thump from within the bedroom, and we just lept up, put all the lights on and phoned my mum and told her to hurry back!

There's far to many things that happened to me to write down here, but it lasted about a year - and then my mother bumped into a woman whos dad had built the place (Early 1900). Apparently she had a sister called Rose who was knocked over by a bus just outside the chapel. My mum invited the surviving sister to come and have a cup of tea and look at how it had been converted into a house. She loved it. She basically gave it the thumbs up. After that, NOTHING! All the hauntings STOPPED!!!

If I went into detail, it would be too long - but I KNOW now that there are things beyond this world.

(Thanks for having the patience to read it!)

I've just realised, my long post didn't really answer your question. I think from my experience that trying to communicate with the spirits is probably the best way forward. Perhaps a medium or a qualified exorsist. Hopefully they can find out why the spirits are still hanging around, and then steps can be taken to appease them, or (if they are malevolent) get rid of them.

I hope this helps.

hmm ... wink.gif

I really don't know ... unless I have the experience my self ... but maybe ... I am not sure ... just maybe ... I might move to another house ... alien.gif

What ever happened to good old investigations , with a camera/video and tape recorder or even pen and paper . I think I would do these things before calling an exorcist ..

Eh? All i'm saying is that if the occupants of the house KNOW that their having problems of a spiritual nature, then it's best to get it sorted out. A meduim could visit and make contact. Try and find out whats keeping the spirits earth-bound. If they refuse to bugger off then a member of the clergy could help. Last port of call, an exorcist. What's wrong with that???

Is this coz i'm new here??

Viking Ed , although there is a wierd and painfull innitiation for those people who are accepted on the forum . I can assure you this isn't it , I mean where is the goat and the candles and the blood not to mention those proding implements ?You'll know when they get you with the new guy stuff. unsure.gif

I merely would like to point out that a sceptical investigation is a better place to start . Anyone who feels they have something outside of there scope of understanding happening in there house should make sure its not just bad plumbing before consulting an exorcist .