Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope rejects condoms for Africa

Talon

yeah but the point i made is that the reason its such a problem in africa is that the education is just not their.

thats why we dont listen to him and they do.

i mean how many western catholics follow the popes advice lol.

im willing to bet the percentage aint that high.

Hopefully teh Live 8 events and G8 summit marches will raise awareness and political change to such an extent that africans no longer are deproved of their basic rights. the right of choice.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnakeProphet

• Commander CMG

• ames2787

• wunarmdscissor

I wouldn't even bother, wun...

If you tell him any of the real facts he's going to argue with you anyway. rolleyes.gif

668874[/snapback]

Not me Michelle... I hope you mean Snake? I wish wun was around when I was discussing this stuff in an old post, I could not believe what people were saying to justify their belief although I feel now that I am inditing hatred against a religion and I can be proectued now for that???

yeah ivejust finnished my uni exams so i was studying lots hwen i was online lol instead of comin to UM lol sorry

A bit trigger happy with the old mouse there wun?

I hope that the people would ignore the ignorant old fool and use condoms anyway.

What I'm wondering about is the availability of them for the people that choose to take a stand and do what is right.

Edit, no XSAS, I definitely wasn't talking about you. wink2.gif

Edited by Michelle

XSAS yeah mich was talkin about snake.

ya know i actyually agree with snake in a lot of his/her posts.

i like a good debate

so cancer is temporary is it?

mobile phones, wireless internet access , power lines, microwaves , car exhaust fumes , alchohol and the rest all have been found to cause cancer.

a disease like aids which kills you slowly.

caused in many cases by an indulgence in modern technology.

do we decry people with cancer and tell them its their own fault, they should move to the hills and live like pagans?

no.

so why should africans be treated in that way?

If so,then yes it s their own fault.If they know the risk and choose to do it anyway then it s their own fault.

If I get cancer as a result of technology overuse then I wouldn t blame the church for not giving me condoms.

you never know he may see my point of view if i put it accross well enough.

i know im open minded enough to change my beleifs when presented with a well argued point.

i agree with you tho michelle it looks a lost cause.

I see your point of view,and it may surprise you,but I think similar.You think I m defending the church?

I wouldn't even bother, wun...

If you tell him any of the real facts he's going to argue with you anyway.

So far you haven t tried it once.

XSAS yeah mich was talkin about snake.

ya know i actyually agree with snake in a lot of his/her posts.

i like a good debate

668896[/snapback]

Snake is always good for a debate and educated with replies.

If so,then yes it s their own fault.If they know the risk and choose to do it anyway then it s their own fault.

If I get cancer as a result of technology overuse then I wouldn t blame the church for not giving me condoms.

im using an analogy and i simply dont beleieve you would tell someone who suffered form cancer that.

I see your point of view,and it may surprise you,but I think similar.You think I m defending the church?

i dont think tehir position is defendable though. an it doesnt surprise me bvecause im willing to bet you use or have used the rubber sock yourself

What I'm wondering about is the availability of them for the people that choose to take a stand and do what is right.

michelle

there is an amazing man called bob geldof in this country spreading awareness on eevr subject destroying africa , he organised live aid and now teh Live * and G8 marches.

he is an amazing man who is abvout to be in a 46 part serires on the BBC about africa in which he'll detail everything thats wrong with africa including teh Aids prblem and the roots of its problem,

myt regret is that i cannot be in edinburgh for both the marches and teh live 8 gigs because ill be in greece.

im gutted but ive texted my lottery livbe aid ticket thing to do my bit.

if you can somehow get the BBC and watch this amazing man then hell energise you and inform you at the same time.

he is an absolute gift from above.

and im not overreacting.

and i was strongly against a million people mraching to edinburgh at first.

even as recently as last night.

i jhust thought scotland with a population of only 5 million couldnt handle it. i was in agreement in principle, as he says "we have one day to tilt the world , just ever so slightly in the favour of the poor for just one day"

i was wrong the man speaks with such clarity and purpose that teh interview i watched him on last night completley changed my mind

i dont think tehir position is defendable though. an it doesnt surprise me bvecause im willing to bet you use or have used the rubber sock yourself

No,and Michelle knows why.

How about you can't always avoid having sex? Like rape?

How about if you were born as the result of a rape and you had AIDs - is that their fault too?

From what I have read of this argument, Snake is putting forward a bit of a stupid point, much like the Pope himself and would rather have Africans die of a disease they need not get if they used condoms.

So do you also think everyone shouldn't use condoms and there should be hundreds of unwanted children out there, being given up for adoption, abused, left on the streets etc?

You would rather have that than have what you call an unnatural thing?

Never heard of evolution?

The fact of the matter is that sensible humans have evolved to use condoms when they don't want children or STDs, and has thus become natural...

Just my twopenneth.

I wish I could, wun... sad.gif

I'd like to find out exactly how well the word is spreading in Africa though. If I have all this technology and can't see the actual event what is the likelyhood the people there are getting any of it. hmm.gif

How about you can't always avoid having sex? Like rape?

I don t see your point.How is a condom supposed to prevent you from being raped?Or are you actually suggesting to hand out condoms for rapers?

You would rather have that than have what you call an unnatural thing?

Never heard of evolution?

The fact of the matter is that sensible humans have evolved to use condoms when they don't want children or STDs, and has thus become natural...

I heard of Evolution.And if you call that Evolution,don t be surprised if one day we "evolve" into machines.

From what I have read of this argument, Snake is putting forward a bit of a stupid point, much like the Pope himself and would rather have Africans die of a disease they need not get if they used condoms.

Or if they didn t have sex in the first place.

So do you also think everyone shouldn't use condoms and there should be hundreds of unwanted children out there, being given up for adoption, abused, left on the streets etc?

What do you think?

I think that you are stupid, and instead of actually putting forward your opinion you expect us to second guess you.

If you actually read what I wrote you wouldn't have said half of what you just did.

I asked is it a rape victims fault if they get AIDs? To which you have miraculously side stepped.

WELL DONE.

That is the exact reason I don't like to debate with you, Snake. You ask questions to a direct question instead of answering straightforward.

It's pointless...

Being as we already know you're against condom usage for some insane reason, for all we know you might be in favour of illegitimate children and child abuse.

Just answer the question and put forward legible responses.

here michelle check this out.

Live 8

ya know im proud to be british with regards to these things ,w e're always at the forefront of these issues.

maybe we'll make a difference this time!!!!!!!!

It's pointless...

Being as we already know you're against condom usage for some insane reason, for all we know you might be in favour of illegitimate children and child abuse.

I am against condoms?

I asked is it a rape victims fault if they get AIDs? To which you have miraculously side stepped.

If that s what you mean , it could be partially their fault.But apart from that,how is a condom going to help them?

That is the exact reason I don't like to debate with you, Snake. You ask questions to a direct question instead of answering straightforward.

I rather let you answer your own question if that s possible.

Come on Snake not all Aids victims in Africa are victims of rape??

I asked YOU a question I would like you to answer it!

How can you say that being raped is partially your fault?! What kind of sicko says that?!

Are you sidestepping the questions because you don't know what to say and don't want to admit it - I think that's probably the answer.

If that s what you mean , it could be partially their fault.But apart from that,how is a condom going to help them?

this is an absolutley shookcing comment by the way.

how can rape ever be "partially" the victim's fault?

Especially the case which is often happening in Africa where men believe they can be cured from AIDs by having sex with BABIES. How can a BABY be responsible for being raped?

Is it being sexually alluring? I don't think so.