Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope rejects condoms for Africa

Talon

Ok...What is preaching?

As I see it,it s telling sb to do sth, without telling them why.

Saying they have to wear condoms to not get pregnant is still preaching.If you are going to educate them then at least use the full program.Not some cut-out version of it.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnakeProphet

• Commander CMG

• ames2787

• wunarmdscissor

Kratos, condoms themselves are not unethical. It is the fact that they can prevent a human life from developing i.e. if you would've gotten pregnant had a condom not been involved you are effectively a murderer for not allowing egg to meet sperm. make sense? Thought not!

Are you sure the Pope ain't getting any? w00t.gif  w00t.gif  If you look into the history of many of the Popes i think you'll find it quite interesting...

669743[/snapback]

Now now people let's not go personal here... we are talking about a religious leader of hundreds of millions, who might find such talking offending unsure.gif .

*stabs himself to death for being overall PC hypocrite tongue.gif*

669757[/snapback]

Yeah... it might offend millions of people to let out the TRUTH!

Back to condoms... I still really don't get how they are unethical... unless you consider sperm a human being.

669766[/snapback]

The bible states that spilling sperm in vain (yes that's it fellas wacko.gif ) is a sin.... which raises the question - is trying to have a baby a sin, cause obviously u can't tell precisely for 100% if it'll work or not (but you can raise the odds by trying in specific time of the month wink2.gif ).

Kratos, condoms themselves are not unethical. It is the fact that they can prevent a human life from developing i.e. if you would've gotten pregnant had a condom not been involved you are effectively a murderer for not allowing egg to meet sperm. make sense? Thought not!

This way,both sides are murderers.As I said,you have to use their methods in order to inflict a change.Educating them would be simply the lesser evil.

Well to be honest, I didn't see the point in going in to great lengths in this thread about the advantages and disadvantages of Condoms.

Of course the only 100% effective way of not getting pregnant or having an STI is abstinence, but this is unrealistic.

Condoms are 97% effective, which is a hell of a lot better than the 0% the Africans are getting.

Someone needs to tell them what the benefits are of using them, and the dangers of not using them, but because I didn't write the entire argument for using condoms, you say it's preaching ?!

Snake, everyone is a murderer if you believe to some sort of religion. What about the poor vegetables that you chop up for salad? Or those little baby chckens that you fry for your omelette? I guess we should all become fruitarians and have unprotected sex all the tme, so that we don't run the risk of possibly not going to heaven or offending some religious leader... blink.gif

Kratos, condoms themselves are not unethical.  It is the fact that they can prevent a human life from developing i.e. if you would've gotten pregnant had a condom not been involved you are effectively a murderer for not allowing egg to meet sperm.  make sense?  Thought not!

669777[/snapback]

Well then there goes 2,999,999 (if I'm not mistaken) possible babies who die for each baby that is actually formed sad.giftongue.gif .

Well to be honest, I didn't see the point in going in to great lengths in this thread about the advantages and disadvantages of Condoms.

Of course the only 100% effective way of not getting pregnant or having an STI is abstinence, but this is unrealistic.

Condoms are 97% effective, which is a hell of a lot better than the 0% the Africans are getting.

Someone needs to tell them what the benefits are of using them, and the dangers of not using them, but because I didn't write the entire argument for using condoms, you say it's preaching ?!

No not you.

But I m afraid that s what is going to happen once they start to "educate" people.

It s way easier to simply tell them to start using condoms than ,as you said,going in to great lenghts about the advantages and disadvantages of Condoms.And not to forget: It s cheaper.

I for one would rather have them dictated to wear condoms and not die.

Surely that's better.... or maybe you would rather have everyone die of AIDS so we don't have to educate them.

Wow, Erikl, you've sure been busy!!! Seriously though, freedom of choice is the issue here. freedom of choice combined with a large dollop of education.

I for one would rather have them dictated to wear condoms and not die.

Surely that's better.... or maybe you would rather have everyone die of AIDS so we don't have to educate them.

As I said.The lesser of two evils.

Wow, Erikl, you've sure been busy!!! Seriously though, freedom of choice is the issue here. freedom of choice combined with a large dollop of education.

I m 99,97823895z19561983502875% sure he made that number up.

Edited by Snake_6024

Average Number of Sperm

300-500 million sperm are released every ejaculation, and 1.2 trillion sperm are produced during a man's lifetime.

Source

Talk about a lot of dead kids... this is an EPIDEMIC!!! tongue.gif

Average Number of Sperm

300-500 million sperm are released every ejaculation, and 1.2 trillion sperm are produced during a man's lifetime.

Source

Talk about a lot of dead kids... this is an EPIDEMIC!!! tongue.gif

669847[/snapback]

Damn we are worse than Stalin and Hitler combined.... oh wait, no, they were males as well tongue.gif.

To answer the original discussion:

The Pope is a MORON. (I really have to say this even though I know I'm going to be warned).

To officially NOT approve use of something so simply lifesaving as condoms so that regular people could make love in a safe way is just...sick.

And to argument with and rely only on sexual restrain because free sex goes against the Bible is stupid.

More condoms for Africa and money for Aids/HIV research!

Damn we are worse than Stalin and Hitler combined.... oh wait, no, they were males as well .

I don t think they had the chance to release their sperm as often as some members on this board here,with the world domination thing running,and all.

Plus:

According to Erikl, "spilling" our semen is considered as a sin?

RELIGION RULES.

Edited by AshKatNah

To answer the original discussion:

The Pope is a MORON. (I really have to say this even though I know I'm going to be warned).

To officially NOT approve use of something so simply lifesaving as condoms so that regular people could make love in a safe way is just...sick.

And to argument with and rely only on sexual restrain because free sex goes against the Bible is stupid.

More condoms for Africa and money for Aids/HIV research!

I still don t get the Africa thing.Is it only limited to Africa? That would be a little hypocritic of the pope.

No, but I think it affects Africa more than any other part of the world. Therefore the debate.

Damn we are worse than Stalin and Hitler combined.... oh wait, no, they were males as well .

I don t think they had the chance to release their sperm as often as some members on this board here,with the world domination thing running,and all.

669861[/snapback]

lol! laugh.gif

No, but I think it affects Africa more than any other part of the world. Therefore the debate.

Pff,what s the matter then.Send in some missionairies of other religions and let them deceive the Africans to make them use condoms.Simple as that.Any protestants willing to go to Africa?

Pff,what s the matter then.Send in some missionairies of other religions and let them deceive the Africans to make them use condoms.Simple as that.Any protestants willing to go to Africa?

669882[/snapback]

The other great religion in Africa is Islam, which isn't much better when it comes to the use of condoms as we all know rolleyes.gif....

Wow snake, more indoctrination. What a greta idea!!! Let's try education instead of religion, I'm convinced it'll work better.

In what way is educating about condom use misleading them?

You keep going on about the dangers of using condoms - well what are they then, I'm keen to know.

In what way is educating about condom use misleading them?

You keep going on about the dangers of using condoms - well what are they then, I'm keen to know.

No,I simply stated that condoms can t prevent you from every possible consequence of sex.93% isn t it?