Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scotland: Adoption law for same sex couples

Talon

Single parent families are not the same, and my assertation still has merit while I'm sure there are many successful children raised by single parenting they child is still neglected with the absence of another parent. Stop trying to pick a fight, I've granted you some merit to your argument and if you had read my posts clearly you would actually see i make sense. Stop thinking from the parental point of veiw and start considering the child's.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• warden

• Stixxman

• Commander CMG

I think (considering both parents are of sound mind and aren't abusing the child) that having both a Mother and Father to provide both a male and female role model would probably be the optimum way to raise a child. However I don't think it's a necessity in raising a child, I know plenty of people raised in a single parent household that have turned out to be well rounded, loving and successful people. Thusly showing that having a mother and a father isn't always needed in raising a child. Therefore I see no problem with a homosexual couple raising a child as long as they provide a loving and nurturing home for the child to grow up in. After all isn't that the most important aspect of rasing a child? I would rather see a child raised by a loving homosexual couple than wasting away at the hands of a neglectful couple who happen to be straight.

EDIT: Fixed improper grammer and punctuation.

Edited by TheOriginalF

Stop trying to pick a fight,

I'm not trying to pick a fight I simply pointed out a hole in your argument, its a debate, thats whats supported to happen. If you can't take someone posting a comment on your post you shouldn't post it to begin with. Your the only one who's trying to be hostile here with those very words.

I totally agree TheOriginalF. The way the child is raised is more important than by who.

Edited by Talon S.

You said I was making a critcism when I was making a statement and what you said was aggressive too, am I the only guilty party here. You put words in my mouth by saying what I stated should include single parents. This is not a criticism its merely another angle to look at I know I've been open minded can you say the same or is it obviuos that you only see one side of an argument....yours.

You put words in my mouth by saying what I stated should include single parents.

Its not words in your mouth, thats my critcism of your argument. Everything you said about male and females playing a role is equally true of single parent relationships.

This is not a criticism its merely another angle to look at I know I've been open minded can you say the same or is it obviuos that you only see one side of an argument....yours.

Your new at this so I wouldn't be to harsh, but you don't seem to understand. I'm stating my opinion of your post as the next stage of the debate, your suppost to them defend your post based on what I've pointed out. In debates, commenting on someone's post is not a act of close mindedness, its the point of the whole thing.

Same sex couples,get a grip,when that child goes to school it will be a living hell,before you start all the crap about this and that ,this is true as i have seen it in my old school(a bloody catholic school)that boy came from a home run by nuns and told his guiedens teacher he wished he was back at the home.

When sports day came he would make all excuses not to take part as his two dads would be there cheering him on and he would have died on the spot

Before i go on ,this boys mum and dad split up ,the boy got took into care while the mum and dad tried to get it back together ,it failed,his mum buggered of while his dad moved in his boyfriend,the dad told no one and got the boy back as a so called single parent,he moved inhis lover months later as a couple,the social services didnt give a dam.back to my point

When it came to parents night the two dads came as friends no.gif as not to give to much away to the teachers,the boy sat like a lost sheep while most of the other kids sniggerd at him day and night,not i

He always told me in english that if his dad found another woman ,even days after the split he would not have give a dam,as it would have been close to what he had before and wanted know,he said having two dads is the hardest thing he has everhad to cope with in his life and what they get up to in front of him ,makes him sick,the exact things he would get a row for if seen on the telly.

This boy ran away before he was 16 ,i had met him once in Edinburgh asking for hand outs,i found out later he commited suicide.

This is only one story i know but it shows you the reality of what can hapen if no one looks into same sex couples having kids,the gov is all for it but i wonder how much time has went into research

Before i forget the kids dad is know an alcoholic and his partner has aids

Same sex couples,get a grip,when that child goes to school it will be a living hell,before you start all the crap about this and that

Only because there are parents in the world who raise their children wrong and make them hate gays.

Same sex couples,get a grip,when that child goes to school it will be a living hell,before you start all the crap about this and that

Only because there are parents in the world who raise their children wrong and make them hate gays.

675296[/snapback]

I hope your parents werent of that kind no.gif

What about having the choice where you are all for it or not,without the hate gays slogan.

Its good we have the choice

Its is not a choice. A choice is, do study history or math? do you have pizza or McDonalds? Peoples' entire lives are being decided with bills like this. If you are for equality you for the bill, if you are against equality your against it. There is no grey area in this case.

Edited by Talon S.

Its is not a choice. A choice is, do study history or math? do you have pizza or McDonalds? Peoples' entire lives are being decided with bills like this. If you are for equality you for the bill, if you are against equality your against it. There is no grey area in this case.

675313[/snapback]

If it comes down to it i would vote against it

me too the damage possible far outways the benifits.

me too the damage possible far outways the benifits.

675424[/snapback]

I have four gay couples that talk about it all the time we have drinks ,not all at the same time i might add,they think if there is enough pressure put on the gov they will have kids in no time,thats not a sensible attitude to have

I still tell them, no.gif no chance

Not surprised . Eventually the anti-homo movement will end just like the pro-slavery and anti-equal rights movements ended . People who were simply bigoted will finally be rightfully looked upon as complete idiots rather then people with a respectable opinion . People who are religious will eventually have to accept that it really isnt a choice , and will probobly just ignore that part of their religion .

People who were simply bigoted will finally be rightfully looked upon as complete idiots rather then people with a respectable opinion .

laugh.gif Welcome back Xenojjin, I missed you

a kid that is raised in a home with love,and respect,will turn out a lot better than a kid that is raised without it everytime!

a kid that is raised in a home with love,and respect,will turn out a lot better than a kid that is raised without it everytime!

684956[/snapback]

I agree.

I don't know.It propably won't be a lack of love but more a lack of discipline.Gay marriage should at least be tested.Make it legal for a few years and see if it works.If it doesn't you still can make it illegal.

I don't know.It propably won't be a lack of love but more a lack of discipline.Gay marriage should at least be tested.Make it legal for a few years and see if it works.If it doesn't you still can make it illegal.

685158[/snapback]

you don't need to test Marriage to prove it's success, they work or they don't for a million reasons, Love and commitment is the deciding factor.

Edited by XSAS

you don't need to test Marriage to reat it's success, they work or they don't for a million reasons, Love and commitment is the deciding factor.

Not the marriage.The children.

If having gay parents does have a major effect on a child then I'm sure it is noticeable.

So what does the effect of a single parent on benefits have on a child?

If single parents are proven to be worse,then the people should be encouraged to not raise their children alone.With giving more benefits to 2 parent-families,for example.The same goes for gays.I'm not saying they should stay illegal.I'm merely a bit sceptical to the claim that gays make better parents.

I think they should be allowed to adopt. Why not?

To all who think being gay is a choice.. and gay parents might sway children...

It looks like being gay is biological after all.. however there are more tests to be done... *shrugs*

That aside.. I don't give a rats patoot if a gay couple adopts a child and that child ends up gay as well. As long as they raise that child in a loving and safe home... And I'm glad Scotland's wise enough to see this. Unlike here where people have to be so fricken afraid that we need laws restricting things like this... Sickening...

685196[/snapback]

Your comparing apples and oranges there the situations are in no way comparable. There are different reasons for both, and as i have stated before there are some problems with single parenting too. Like I said before, you can have the most supportive single parent in the world who does everything right but at the end of the day only the ones who are not jaded will tell you honestly that their child needed the other side of the equation. It is not a mark against them it is simply a natural thing that is missing and missed.

This would never come into law in England, due to the fact that England has no Parliament.

This issue would be being debated in the Scottish Parliament, with only Scottish MP's deciding whether or not to try and make it law. But for England, the matter will be discussed in the British Parliament. The English MP's will vote for it, but the Scottish MP's will vote against it, even though Scottish MP's voted FOR it in Scotland and because of that, it would never become law in England, thanks to the decisions of Scottish MP's who are presiding over matters that only concern England and not Scotland and have nothing to do with them.