Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scotland: Adoption law for same sex couples

Talon

Blackleaf, it really must be asked....have you ever visited the planet earth? huh.gif Why you take such offence at the fact there are Scottish MPs is beyond me, given English MPs have spent the last several centuries deciding matters in Scotland. Let's not forget our glorious role as Thatcher's guinea pig, with the additional role as dumping ground for English toxic waste.

In any event, your prejudiced fantasy is just that, a fantasy...I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I highly doubt Scottish MPs wake up in the morning, and immedietly wonder what new plans they can hatch to sabotage the English democratic process.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• warden

• Stixxman

• Commander CMG

Seraphina, you dont understand. The Scotishs PMs do that everymorning. They are cheating you if the say the contrary. Or maybe you are in league whit them...yes, you are an evil scotish how want to destroy the great and mighty british empire!!!!!! AHHHHHBNHHHH

*Oliver, please, i am jocking about this tongue.gif *

blackleaf u need to leave your paranoid deluded little world.

what does this thread have to do with your crusade against all things un-english?

Not surprised . Eventually the anti-homo movement will end just like the pro-slavery and anti-equal rights movements ended . People who were simply bigoted will finally be rightfully looked upon as complete idiots rather then people with a respectable opinion . People who are religious will eventually have to accept that it really isnt a choice , and will probobly just ignore that part of their religion .

684390[/snapback]

I can't believe you would compare slavery and equal rights in the same breath as same sex relations. Thats like when that chick from the veiw said she had almost been killed because she was in thialand two weeks before the tsunnami. blink.gif

I can't believe you would compare slavery and equal rights in the same breath as same sex relations.

Why not? Being racist again black people is much the same as being against homosexuals....either way, the person is question is ignorant/backwards enough to judge someone, and try and deny rights to them, based on characteristics they're born with.

I can't believe you would compare slavery and equal rights in the same breath as same sex relations.

Why not? Being racist again black people is much the same as being against homosexuals....either way, the person is question is ignorant/backwards enough to judge someone, and try and deny rights to them, based on characteristics they're born with.

693599[/snapback]

I agree with Sera on that,

Its all the same prejudice behavior with varying levels of serverity, which society/government lays out.

As for the topic,

Same sex couples should never ever be given presendence over a suitable "traditional couple" who wish to adopt. why should a Kid be forced to being slagged thier entire school life, to me the homosexuals who disagree are selfish and taking the childrens best interests into consideration

Blackleaf, it really must be asked....have you ever visited the planet earth? huh.gif Why you take such offence at the fact there are Scottish MPs is beyond me, given English MPs have spent the last several centuries deciding matters in Scotland. Let's not forget our glorious role as Thatcher's guinea pig, with the additional role as dumping ground for English toxic waste.

In any event, your prejudiced fantasy is just that, a fantasy...I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I highly doubt Scottish MPs wake up in the morning, and immedietly wonder what new plans they can hatch to sabotage the English democratic process.

688484[/snapback]

But that was equal. When English MP's were deciding matters in Scotland, they were also deciding matters in England. Also, they did so in the BRITISH Parliament. But now there is the situation when the Scottish MP's vote for thimgs such as top-up fees in the Scottish Parliament, but English MP's aren't allowed to vote because it concerns Scotland and not England, but when MP's had to decide whether or not top-up fees be introduced into England, Scottish MP's voted, too, even though English MP's weren't allowed to vote on to-up fees in Scotland!

And guess what happened? The Scottish MP's in the UK Parliament voted FOR top-up fees in England, so because of that English students have top-up fees even though nearly ALL English Mp's voted AGAINST it. That's not democratic. Why should Scottish MP's decide whether top-up fees be introduced into England when English MP's can't decide if they are to be introduced into Scotland? If it wasn't for Scottish MP's voting in ENGLISH matters, we wouldn't have top-up fees now.

But, as I was saying, when English MP's decided matters for Scotland, it was done in the British parliament in exactly the same way that Scottish MP's decide English matters. So that was equal. But now Scotland has its own Parliament, but England doesn't, and it's not very fair that certain Scottish issues are decided only by Scottish MP's whereas ALL English issues are decided by Scottish MP's, too.

It isn't fair, and England needs to have its own parliament with just English MP's in it without any Scottish MP's. And if the Scots don't like that democratic form of governance, then the English can always campaign to get rid of the Scottish parliament.

Let's not forget our glorious role as Thatcher's guinea pig, with the additional role as dumping ground for English toxic waste.

Don't you mean BRITISH toxic waste. Are you telling me that all toxic waste produced in the UK is produced just in England, or are you telling me that the Government should dump British toxic waste just in England?

blackleaf u need to leave your paranoid deluded little world.

what does this thread have to do with your crusade against all things un-english?

689543[/snapback]

Being paranoid is about beng worried about things that aren't happening.

The things I'm worried about are happening, so it isn't paranoia.

It IS the case that Scottish politicians have a say in ALL of England's political issues, whereas a lot of Scottish issues are only dealt with by Scottish MP's and NOT English MP's.

Why should the Scots not allow English politicians to help decide whether or not to bring top-up fees into Scotland - make it a Scottish politicians issue only - , but Scottish MP's were allowed to decide whether or not top-up fees be introduced into England, and voted FOR the introduction of them into England, whilst nearly all English MP's voted AGAINST it and Scottish MP's voted AGAINST the introduction of top-up fees into Scotland.

Can someone tell me what's democratic about that? We've only got top-up fees in England thanks to Scottish politicians, even though English politicians had no say about top-up fees in Scotland!

Blackleaf please stop using any thread to go over this ground again..... Stick to the topic at hand....

Why should the Scots not allow English politicians to help decide whether or not to bring top-up fees into Scotland - make it a Scottish politicians issue only - , but Scottish MP's were allowed to decide whether or not top-up fees be introduced into England, and voted FOR the introduction of them into England, whilst nearly all English MP's voted AGAINST it and Scottish MP's voted AGAINST the introduction of top-up fees into Scotland.

Blackleaf, as a final nail in the coffin to your fantasy world, allow me to point out that the number of English MPs in England vastly outnumber the number of Scots....I could also get into how the Scottish MPs down there live and work in England, but I'm sure you believe they take a plane down from Glasgow everytime there's anything to vote on, just to annoy you personally tongue.gif

Anyway, the point is however that, even if every single Scottish MP (note, MP Blackleaf...not MSP...MP) voted for or against an issue, they would make absolutely no difference whatsoever if "nearly all" English MPs voted in the other direction. You're talking about a matter of some sixty or so individuals somehow managing to outvote some four hundred?

There are top up fees in England because your English MPs voted it in. As much as I'm sure you feel more comfortable blaming all your troubles on us Scots...god knows, a lot of English grew out of that a long time ago and realised we're actually a pretty useful and industrious people after we gave them some nice presents like....you know...penicillin...telephone...radio...among other things. But nope, you'd rather just run around ranting across the board in an effort to offend every western nation in the world, and make half the members think you're a racist little child, spawned at the dawn of time in a joint operation between Hitler and the then Grand Wizard of the KKK.

Now however, as this topic isn't about you Blackleaf...although I'm sure a lot of insulting PMs are...Scar made an interesting point tongue.gif

Same sex couples should never ever be given presendence over a suitable "traditional couple" who wish to adopt. why should a Kid be forced to being slagged thier entire school life, to me the homosexuals who disagree are selfish and taking the childrens best interests into consideration

Children have been known to torment children who have parents of a different race. Does that mean that black and asian couples should be pushed to the back of the line along with homosexuals in favour of a good, airian, blonde, blue eyed, and most importantly white couple?

What we should have learned by now is that discrimination shouldn't be dealt with by sweeping it under the carpet and pretending it doesn't exist. It should be dealt with by educating people, and making them acklowedge the fact that homosexuals are, in fact, human beings. Measures like this, accepting a homosexual couple as being equal to straight couple, is a step in that direction.

Of course you're going to have idiots who hate homosexuals...whether out of person ignorance, religious beliefs, or so on...that's why the government needs to do something about it, not say "oh, this homosexual couple look like they'll be excellent and commited parents....but nah, we can't let them adopt, because kids at school will poke fun. I know, let's give them to this pure blooded white couple! Hail the new Reik!"

Your a little paranoid about racism Seraphina, not everything is about color of skin. You are comparing two different things here. Scar was not talking about race he was talking about whats best for a child when you compare same sex couples to hetero couples, there was nothing about race so you can't turn this into a rant. It wouldn't make a difference if the hetero couple was multicultured or not, thats not the comparison.

Blackleaf, as a final nail in the coffin to your fantasy world, allow me to point out that the number of English MPs in England vastly outnumber the number of Scots

Only because England has a larger population than Scotland. But there are more Scottish MP's per capita than English MP's and Scotland is OVER-REPRESENTED at Westminster.

Anyway, the point is however that, even if every single Scottish MP (note, MP Blackleaf...not MSP...MP) voted for or against an issue, they would make absolutely no difference whatsoever if "nearly all" English MPs voted in the other direction. You're talking about a matter of some sixty or so individuals somehow managing to outvote some four hundred?

Yeah, MP's not MSP's voted to decide whether or not to introduce top-up fees into England. But that was because that decision was made in the BRITISH Parliament with MP's from all over England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, whereas the decision to introduce top-up fees in Scotland was made by MSP's in the SCOTTIH Parliament. MP's from England, Wales or Northern Ireland had no say, even though Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish MP's had a say in the introduction of top-up fees into England.

How can you say that's fair? The decsision should have been made in an ENGLISH Parliament, with just ENGLISH MP's. After all, this had nothing to do with Scotland. It affected England only.

What’s all this got to do with same sex couples adopting? Absolutely nothing.

Blackleaf, if you want a discussion on devolution keep it in the SAME THREAD you started it in, and stop making it an issue in every other story. Any further derailment of this thread will have it closed.

I see what your getting @ Sera,

But in in all honesty Scottish MP's .................... laugh.gif

Kidding,

The way I see it a Child which requires adoption should have the easiest transition into an adopted family.

I.e.

If you had a white toddler,White couple, Black Couple and a same sex couple, and they could all provide, and care for the child then the white couple should get presedence. If the child was Black then the Black couple would get presedence. If a Hetra couple was not found to be suitable then the same sex couple should be allowed to adopt.

Its not a matter of being of me being against them adopting, as long as the kids get the best on offer then im happy.

Its not about the parents, Its about the kids

Perhaps if I articulated my post like that it would have given you a better Idea of where I'm coming from

Edited by Scar