Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Gates Of Hell

JayMark

hey guys.

me and some of my friends just heard about the rumor and we live like 20-30 minutes away from york so were gonna try and head up there. were gonna bring a video camera. im kinda nervous now. im a ***** when it comes to stuff like this. but im intrested.

Is there such a thing as hell?

YES!

Hell:

-Hell is a place you go if you have been naughty -myth

-Another Hell Theory is a place you go if you have done bad things understanding they are bad and still done them. Let me make this clearer. You rob a poor guy knowing it's bad but you wanted to look "cool" infornt of your friends. You feel really bad about robbing the guy, this pain stays with you all your life and more and more are added. etc.. etc.. etc... You die and fall beneath the earth. -myth -Difference betweeen first one is that here you actualy understand your bad actions and feel bad for them ... so the person isn't really that bad.

-Reality of hell, anyone can go to hell if they are weak, they will go to hell. When you go into the other reality you will most likely see good and evil. Evil is in the same place as good is. When you encouter evil it can suck you in. If you are weak enough it can suck you in even when you are alive and practicing (don't know how to call it) erm... practicing your soul? Being dead just gets you to that place quicker. There have been people who where pracitced wrong where weak enough would burn or turn insane. Evil or hell is the same thing, hell is just a lot of evil. Even a small evil can be turned into hell..

--Dunno if this makes sense to anyone reading this. If not I will delete this post.

hey guys.

me and some of my friends just heard about the rumor and we live like 20-30 minutes away from york so were gonna try and head up there. were gonna bring a video camera. im kinda nervous now. im a ***** when it comes to stuff like this. but im intrested.

Heh, listen when/if you do this enter the house/building whatever...

Close your eyes and stay in one spot.

Very loudly say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Deep breath

AAAAAAAA as in the word far. NOT lag AAAAA but "far" AAAAAAAAAAAA

Make sure you do this at night time. I guerantee you that if you do this for say 2 minutes? When you open you eyes and start walking, filming, you will at the very least feel it.

I know you won't do this but if you will, you will have a hack of an interesting experience. :)

Looking at Hell from a strictly Biblical sense.......there are no gates to Hell, and Lucifer and his demons do not live there. Hell is a "lake of fire" into which Satan/Lucifer and his demons will be thrown at some point in the future. I think a lot of popular misconceptions on Hell come from Greek mythology and Hades, ruler of the Underworld. Sorry if all that has already been mentioned. I read the thread but just skimmed through a few posts.

I agree that those places on Earth that seem to be the "Gates of Hell" are actually hotspots for spirit activity, in all likelyhood.

I live about 30 miles from Pennsylvania, I’ve heard repeated telling of this story. I’ve heard a tale where a car chases you down the hill when your near the gates, yet when you’ve ran to the bottom, there is no car in sight. It’s a pretty weird story…I’m not taking my chances going 100 feet near it…

Not to be rude guys...really. Every " Hell's Gate" in every state has a legend regarding it being haunted and that a car chases you. See legends spread through out several places , but they all are quite similar.

JAYMARK : Look, a link to the same legend, different location.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...ell's+gates

Edited by NME_locus

Gawd this was an ancient topic ...

• 4 months later...
Guest Dogpupkus

Bump... Does anyone know if this place still exists, my friend was telling me about this today. If anyone knows, it would be helpfull =)

if you want to know where it is i can take you there. i've been there a few times. i don't think you would come back alive.........

I've looked on the web but I can only find very little informations of them.

Very briefly, the most popular beleif is that they are in Pennsylvania near the old mental hospital (in the long driveway actually). Apparently many patients escaped and died in the woods. So I now have numerous questions:

Did the gate legend originated from the mental hospital's story (ie. patients died and haunt the place making it hell in some sort of a way) or they suppose that those deaths are actually associated with them gates (ie. patients died because they unintentionally crossed the gates)?

I've also read that the gates of hell are the big red gates in from of the hospital but also heard they were 7 gates so are there 7 gates (including the big red ones) or only one? And if there are 7 is the big red one of them? Sort of confusing...

So far I've read something about the 7 gates that looked like this (excuse my poor memory):

Gate 1- Demonic dogs will come to guard.

Gate 2- You see ghosts/spirits.

Gate 3- You see more and more spirits.

Gate 4- You see demons.

And to this date, supposedly nobody went past the 5th gate. Apparently, anyone who was brave enough to go throught the 4th one despite all what they saw and felt either died or never returned except for one who was greatly traumatized.

Thanks, I am very interested in this legend. I don't really beleive in hell BUT I do beleive in ghosts, haunting and evil entities.

Guest Dogpupkus

Unfortantly, i heard that some, if not all of the gates were destroyed/knocked down, but I guess its still a cool place to go

that story spooked me out...no sleep tonight :(...well im off school tomorrow so Gnight anyone!

http://hissheep.org/messages/48_hours_in_hell.html

I always liked this story bec I had found the pamphlet outside.

I do hear alot of strange stories about the Gates Of Hell like the one about having children afflicting the damned at an Gate. Hell&Heaven is what u make of it...be positive.

Think I would take some photos from a distance. Sounds like that can be a very active place. Wonder if it is patrolled any?

Kurnugi (Sumerian for 'land of no return'). It is presided over by Ereshkigal and Nergal. Within the house of Irkalla (Nergal), the house of darkness, the house of Ashes, no one ever exits. "They live on dust, their food is mud; their clothes are like birds' clothes, a garment of wings, and they see no light, living in blackness." It is full of dust and mighty kings serve others food. In Ereshkigal's court, heroes and priests reside, as well as Sumuqan and Belit-tseri. The scorpion-people guard the gates in the mountain to the underworld which Shamash uses to enter and exit. There are seven gates, through which one must pass. At each gate, an adornment or article of clothing must be removed. The gates (gatekeepers?) are named: Nedu, (En)kishar, Endashurimma, (E)nuralla, Endukuga/Nerubanda, Endushuba/Eundukuga, and Ennugigi. Beyond the gates are twelve double doors, wherein it is dark. Siduri waits there by the waters of death, beyond which, is the Land of the Living, where Utnapishtim and his wife dwell. Shamash and Utnapishtim's boatman, Urshanbi, can cross the waters. Egalginga, the everlasting palace, is a place where Ishtar was held.source

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like there were seven gates instead of nine. :D

I've read about this place in my book. I find it very interesting. I want to check the place out myself with a few friends of mine. And I want to see the burned down building. (Yes, I'm guttsy enough to try it.)

Stull Cemetry is another place I find far more interesting then the others. Only because The Devil claims to go there twice a year. And the first time already passed. The reason why the old church was knocked down because someone ruined it. And they say the portal to Heck is under where the church was. ^^ The gates to the old burned down building is now just one. They have took down the others leaving one.

The other cemetry is a somewhat gate. Only because there isn't 'enough proof' for it to be haunted. But I saw pictures of the place & they spotted out ghosts in the pictures. And kinda highlighted the spots. But was found at a website which I lost.

My friend said that someone came into her classroom. (Before she transfarred into my old school.) Went there to all Gates (the different locations) & found objects then finally went to the final gate. But that's all she said really. ^^; Sorry. <---- Since we're talking about it.

OPEN THE GATES TO HELL!!

this might help..... www.mohradio.com

I've looked on the web but I can only find very little informations of them.

Very briefly, the most popular beleif is that they are in Pennsylvania near the old mental hospital (in the long driveway actually). Apparently many patients escaped and died in the woods. So I now have numerous questions:

Did the gate legend originated from the mental hospital's story (ie. patients died and haunt the place making it hell in some sort of a way) or they suppose that those deaths are actually associated with them gates (ie. patients died because they unintentionally crossed the gates)?

I've also read that the gates of hell are the big red gates in from of the hospital but also heard they were 7 gates so are there 7 gates (including the big red ones) or only one? And if there are 7 is the big red one of them? Sort of confusing...

So far I've read something about the 7 gates that looked like this (excuse my poor memory):

Gate 1- Demonic dogs will come to guard.

Gate 2- You see ghosts/spirits.

Gate 3- You see more and more spirits.

Gate 4- You see demons.

And to this date, supposedly nobody went past the 5th gate. Apparently, anyone who was brave enough to go throught the 4th one despite all what they saw and felt either died or never returned except for one who was greatly traumatized.

Thanks, I am very interested in this legend. I don't really beleive in hell BUT I do beleive in ghosts, haunting and evil entities.

I grew up about 15 miles from where the 7 gates of Hell are supposed to be in South Central PA. The area has been visited by so many drunk teenagers, that they have tron down much of what was there. It has been a legend for as long as I can remember.

I've looked into two of the better known "gates of hell" the one in Stull Cemetery in Kansas and Spider Gates Cemetery in MA. My personal conclusion is that its just so much bs. Getting into Hell is easy and the only ones who can leave with impuntiy are demons. They don't need gates, and vortexs they enter where they choose. While I didn't directly investigate(just checked the lore) either site a very good freind of mine, investigator John Zaffis, has gone to spider gates and he also consider the stories mythjcal.

I live about seventy miles away from Stull. I live in the country and we travel to cities such as Kansas City and Topeka to shop and do business. Stull, lying in between the two, is not on a route I normally take, but I have been through there a few times. I've never stopped, but the place doesn't impress me as particularly scary. I did some of my growing up in a suburb of Kansas City, and I don't remember the legend from back then (60's and 70's). Conventional wisdom is that it was started by KU students back in the late sixties. So it would've been in its infancy when I was around there.

Nowadays, the area between Kansas City, Lawrence and Topeka is pretty well inhabited. It's not complete city, but there are a lot of people. Stull is a typical rundown little town that the city people have started building around. There are houses right up to the cemetary and it isn't a big place either. It just isn't remote enough to give much of a scare. The Church that people made such a fuss over is gone now. I doubt you could spend any length of time in the graveyard, either day or night, without John Law hassling you.

I've looked into two of the better known "gates of hell" the one in Stull Cemetery in Kansas and Spider Gates Cemetery in MA. My personal conclusion is that its just so much bs. Getting into Hell is easy and the only ones who can leave with impuntiy are demons. They don't need gates, and vortexs they enter where they choose. While I didn't directly investigate(just checked the lore) either site a very good freind of mine, investigator John Zaffis, has gone to spider gates and he also consider the stories mythjcal.

I live about seventy miles away from Stull. I live in the country and we travel to cities such as Kansas City and Topeka to shop and do business. Stull, lying in between the two, is not on a route I normally take, but I have been through there a few times. I've never stopped, but the place doesn't impress me as particularly scary. I did some of my growing up in a suburb of Kansas City, and I don't remember the legend from back then (60's and 70's). Conventional wisdom is that it was started by KU students back in the late sixties. So it would've been in its infancy when I was around there.

Nowadays, the area between Kansas City, Lawrence and Topeka is pretty well inhabited. It's not complete city, but there are a lot of people. Stull is a typical rundown little town that the city people have started building around. There are houses right up to the cemetary and it isn't a big place either. It just isn't remote enough to give much of a scare. The Church that people made such a fuss over is gone now. I doubt you could spend any length of time in the graveyard, either day or night, without John Law hassling you.

I've read about this place in my book. I find it very interesting. I want to check the place out myself with a few friends of mine. And I want to see the burned down building. (Yes, I'm guttsy enough to try it.)

Stull Cemetry is another place I find far more interesting then the others. Only because The Devil claims to go there twice a year. And the first time already passed. The reason why the old church was knocked down because someone ruined it. And they say the portal to Heck is under where the church was. ^^ The gates to the old burned down building is now just one. They have took down the others leaving one.

The other cemetry is a somewhat gate. Only because there isn't 'enough proof' for it to be haunted. But I saw pictures of the place & they spotted out ghosts in the pictures. And kinda highlighted the spots. But was found at a website which I lost.

My friend said that someone came into her classroom. (Before she transfarred into my old school.) Went there to all Gates (the different locations) & found objects then finally went to the final gate. But that's all she said really. ^^; Sorry. <---- Since we're talking about it.

Moonprincess, you'll be disappointed if you journey to Stull. Read my post about it. :sleepy: I really doubt that you'll be there very long if you go. I doubt that a night in jail would be very fun. :no::yes: It might be scary though.

The seven gates of hell! Here is a link about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_gates_of_hell

I live in Lancaster County, PA, it's the neighboring county of York. I myself heard the story numerous times and allthough I drove past Hallam on route 30 quite a lot I've never gone there. The problem is that the hospital supposedly burned down. But who knows if it's true or simply an urban legend. Then again, there is a piece of truth to every legend, isn't there? :devil:

I do believe this is an urban legend as someone else mentioned. In Madison County, Alabama (Huntsville) on Green Mountain if I'm not mistaken there are claims to Hells Gates so to speak. Nothing of it if you asked me but a big black gate.

I do like the sound of the topic starter though, it makes an interesting tale with the mental hospital.

• 3 weeks later...

what are the Cordinates for this ??? ( im on FlashEarth.com powerd by google earth)

Thx in advance

I always thought the gates to hell were my Ex girlfriends front door.

The reality is hospitals are places where many thousands of people died. There can't be a hospital which isn't haunted. Gates to hell? I don't know. If there is a hell, why would it be underground/in the earth? Vortex...makes more sense to me. Time portal or something.....let's face it anything comming out of nothing would be a bit shocking. But perhaps there is a good explanation. See you have to believe in a certain religion to believe in hell in the first place. To me hell could be right here...on earth many times over. Have you ever watched a loved one die of cancer? Tell me that isn't pure hell. Been there. What about addiction? Tell me that isn't hell. What about hunger? How can one believe in EVIL....Evil sprits, demonds, but not believe in hell? It's a religion thing. Evil is a religious word. Just like Hell is a religious word. Heaven is a religious word. You almost have to study many of the worlds religions to begin to understand that heaven and hell are concepts. Part of a control scheme designed by humans to control other humans. Their concepts based on guilt and shame. If you do good you get a reward, if you do bad you rot in hell forever and ever. Come on.....I have a hard time with that one. Consider this.....if the Bible says God will take care of the children, then why are there child ghosts? And wouldn't knowing that there are child ghosts, seem to contradict what that religion/God has said? Seems to me. Where are the gates to Heaven? Probably my next girlfriend's front door.

• 6 months later...

Reviving an old thread here...

The supposed 7 Gates of Hell are located in Hallam, Pennsylvania, located in York County(about 30 min from Harrisburg maybe). I myself live in Lancaster, the next county east from York, and last night 5 of my friends and I went looking for these 7 Gates of Hell. The Gates themselves are actually the Gates to the insane asylum to keep intruders out, and the nutcases in. However, last night we were looking for Toad Road and never found it. So we stopped at a local gas station off of the main highway and as soon as I asked the clerk for directions for Toad Road, she told me the 7 Gates of Hell don't exist, now I figured she was lying to me already when I hadn't even mentioned them to her. And when I asked her what they were (just to get a little info out of her) she told me they were fictitious and some ghost story. Yet when I asked her what the story was she couldn't tell me. And apparently she knew the man who lives back there but she didn't even know how to get to Toad Road.

According to a post made on the first page of the thread, Toad Road is now Trout Run Road. When I saw that, I was shocked, because we actually found Trout Run Road and pulled onto that because we followed this lady's directions that led us here, instead of Toad Road. It was a very narrow back road, with no road signed on markings on the pavement. And after about a mile or two, the pavement ended and put us on a gravel road. There were plenty of private drives and all, and we actually saw a couple places with gates that we could clearly see, more modern gates to keep cars out however. And at one point we actually saw a little clearing in the woods that we could drive down, but chose not to because of the 3ft tall grass, and the fact that it was probably the spookiest looking drive I've ever seen. With trees very low over top and no sign of civilization. The entire woods where the 7 Gates could possibly be, was Posted with No Tresspassing signs stating that it is a patrolled area.

Many people in my area know about this place, and I know a few have gone there. And apparently they've taken down the fences along the main road to the insane asylum, which according to eyewitnesses were about 8 feet or so that you had to climb over. Supposedly the gates themselves are still there as well as the insane asylum, however; I myself cannot tell you whether or not they are because I did not venture out into the woods. I had no idea this place was right under my nose (we were on Trout Run Road, NOT Toad Road like the legend says it's off of. Could they possibly have changed the name to keep others out? who knows) and now that I have actually located it, and have been right outside, I plan to venture back over to the next county within the week and report back to you all of my accounts.