Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

war of the planets

vukxfiles

First we don't know the scope of their technology and I don't imagine it would be like some sci-fi weapon like the Death Star or something just beyond the probable capabilities of the universe "as we can perceive it" unfortunately (I must acknowledge the aliens may have a better understanding of the laws of the universe, but they could also no less).

And yeah they would be a lot more advanced, but it does not mean we will lose, lets say we at least master space flight and laser/nano technology and post military bases on other planets in our solar system etc. We don't need to fight an offensive battle just defend ourselves, look at Vietnam the U.S. was militarily 100 time better then the vietnamese but we still loss the war. The loss of lives, and the need of resources, and the resilience of the Vietnamese was just not worth it,

If we can just defend ourselves for a long period of time, they should give up because eventually they "hopefully" like the U.S. would lose many lives, resources would dwindle (I would imagine getting reinforcement billions of light years across the universe would be a burden) and the cost to keep fighting would not be worth it for a little blue planet out the billions that exist.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Idriss

• PadawanOsswe

• Super Pancake

• TaintedDoughnuts

First we don't know the scope of their technology and I don't imagine it would be like some sci-fi weapon like the Death Star or something just beyond the probable capabilities of the universe "as we can perceive it" unfortunately (I must acknowledge the aliens may have a better understanding of the laws of the universe, but they could also no less).

And yeah they would be a lot more advanced, but it does not mean we will lose, lets say we at least master space flight and laser/nano technology and post military bases on other planets in our solar system etc. We don't need to fight an offensive battle just defend ourselves, look at Vietnam the U.S. was militarily 100 time better then the vietnamese but we still loss the war. The loss of lives, and the need of resources, and the resilience of the Vietnamese was just not worth it,

If we can just defend ourselves for a long period of time, they should give up because eventually they "hopefully" like the U.S. would lose many lives, resources would dwindle (I would imagine getting reinforcement billions of light years across the universe would be a burden) and the cost to keep fighting would not be worth it for a little blue planet out the billions that exist.

670590[/snapback]

I understand and agree yes.gif taking your Vietnam examples into consideration i see your point on them losing recources but how do you know for sure that they have to travel billions of light years away?! unsure.gif in some accounts people believe that alien.gif have already set up underground bases here on earth so it won't be that hard to stock pile mellow.gif but o.k if they did attack us (touch wood) they could easy get help from surrounding solar systems which in themselves will have many planets that could easily contain life therefore they have allies on their side, more weapons and force to defeat us

gunsmilie.gif i'm not suggesting that they have laser beams etc (who knows they could!) there weapons could be a liking to ours but if there was an inter-galactic war our planet will take a serious beating yes.gif

Edited by Kahrie

Considering they might have allies and the closest solar system (almost 9-10 light years from ours maybe more and thats still pretty far) can supply resourses, I still can't imagine getting beat by another Alien race unless they attack us somewhere between now and 2150. Beyond that the only way I can see defeat is by numbers and I mean they come with an army so large that we just do them a favor and kill ourselves and hand over the earth which I hope we pollute it just to spoil it for them.

Outside this planet is huge. We are only one planet and we wouldn't have enough time to go around asking other countries to work together if they just attacked us out of nowhere. But I don't think they are that far advanced in technology than us. They do seem to have mind abilities we don't though, but then again those abilities are probably limited. If they were so much stronger than us and wanted to destroy us, they wouldve done it already. I think the aliens are on our side and maybe there could be a far more dangerous species out there.

if anyone's knows the Storyline of HALO, then you know that humanity was losing a war against a technologically superior force of aliens,BUT not with out an outstanding struggle. If we create a type of volunteer SPARTAN units (no surgical augmentation,abduction,etc..), learn how to travel at faster-than-light speeds,create artificial gravity,make new spaceship weapons/build space battleships,colonise and populate other worlds, create good defense stations and platforms,etc... humanity just might have a chance against a technologically superior force. if you have the fight-and-survival in you, there is hope thumbsup.gif

Edited by PadawanOsswe

I understand and agree  yes.gif taking your Vietnam examples into consideration i see your point on them losing recources but how do you know for sure that they have to travel billions of light years away?!  unsure.gif in some accounts people believe that  alien.gif have already set up underground bases here on earth so it won't be that hard to stock pile  mellow.gif but o.k if they did attack us (touch wood) they could easy get help from surrounding solar systems which in themselves will have many planets that could easily contain life therefore they have allies on their side, more weapons and force to defeat us

670605[/snapback]

A couple other threads around here have discussed that question; if they did have bases here on earth, though, then are we saying that they're here without us knowing about it, or we do know about it but tolerate it or even cooperate with them?

we aren't a united world

668925[/snapback]

you SERIOUSLY don't think the world would unite to save the HUMAN RACE? i think we'd quit our squabbling to save our own kind.

669322[/snapback]

To be completely honest, I doubt it.

669480[/snapback]

i agree.

I think the whole world who work together but only to get rid of the nasty aliens and then push away from each other if they suceed.

I'de rather we have SPARTANS than elves laugh.gif

if anyone's knows the Storyline of HALO, then you know that humanity was losing a war against a technologically superior force of aliens,BUT not with out an outstanding struggle. If we create a type of volunteer SPARTAN units (no surgical augmentation,abduction,etc..), learn how to travel at faster-than-light speeds,create artificial gravity,make new spaceship weapons/build space battleships,colonise and populate other worlds, create good defense stations and platforms,etc... humanity just might have a chance against a technologically superior force. if you have the fight-and-survival in you, there is hope thumbsup.gif

670668[/snapback]

dude, the SPARTAN's MJONLIR(i think that's how it's spelt original.gif) armor weighs about 1-2 tons, youd need to spend your whole life conditioning in the stuff, and youll need to have implants put inside you. and all that technology will take around 2-300 years to research and discover, and im sure no alien race will wait that long for us to make it original.gif

id personally do a war of the worlds strategy and use bio warfare to make them so sick that they die grin2.gif

Edited by TaintedDoughnuts

well the armour wouldnt wheigh that much, The Spartans would use the "Future Warrior" Military enhancement suit, with different kinds of armour built on it,and maybe even forcefield shields if they can be created. thumbsup.gif

Tssch. Space Marines > Spartans.

I prefer Warhammer 40K's dark story where nobody is good or evil. It's much better than Halo's retarded superheroic-Rambo-supersoldier killing everything in his path while teenagers around the world fawn over him. sleepy.gif

I'm going to see War of the Worlds with my dad very soon, so I'll give you my opinion once I've seen it.

Has anyone seen the original? Is it good?

I prefer Warhammer 40K's dark story where nobody is good or evil. It's much better than Halo's retarded superheroic-Rambo-supersoldier killing everything in his path while teenagers around the world fawn over him.  sleepy.gif

671763[/snapback]

I like a good vrs. bad story, the HALO storyline is pure genious IMO.

I'm going to see War of the Worlds with my dad very soon, so I'll give you my opinion once I've seen it.

Has anyone seen the original? Is it good?

671770[/snapback]

Yes, it is a very good movie.

Considering they might have allies and the closest solar system (almost 9-10 light years from ours maybe more and thats still pretty far) can supply resourses, I still can't imagine getting beat by another Alien race unless they attack us somewhere between now and 2150. Beyond that the only way I can see defeat is by numbers and I mean they come with an army so large that we just do them a favor and kill ourselves and hand over the earth which I hope we pollute it just to spoil it for them.

670626[/snapback]

Aliens alien.gif could be siliently invading us right now for all you know w00t.gif they could then take over certain parts of the world by surprise attacks that of coarse we would not know were comingTHEN have the other Alien alien.gif races invade us to make us weaker and weaker then defeating us. unsure.gif hopefully this never happens of coarse (touch wood) they might just want usage of our recourses for their ever advancing economic system dontgetit.gif

Edited by Kahrie

I understand and agree  yes.gif taking your Vietnam examples into consideration i see your point on them losing recources but how do you know for sure that they have to travel billions of light years away?!  unsure.gif in some accounts people believe that  alien.gif have already set up underground bases here on earth so it won't be that hard to stock pile  mellow.gif but o.k if they did attack us (touch wood) they could easy get help from surrounding solar systems which in themselves will have many planets that could easily contain life therefore they have allies on their side, more weapons and force to defeat us

670605[/snapback]

A couple other threads around here have discussed that question; if they did have bases here on earth, though, then are we saying that they're here without us knowing about it, or we do know about it but tolerate it or even cooperate with them?

670864[/snapback]

Well unsure.gif supposedly the government is working with them in these bases

alien.gif this has come from people that were said to be abducted and taken to these bases. they have said to have seen humans and aliens alien.gif working alongside each other in these bases w00t.gif so taking that into consideration i think that there are bases here on Earth the US government knows about them and tolerates them in every way wacko.gif

we never saw them attack, so we don; tknow if they are good at fighting, they are always naked and look weak

I'll make this short.... we would win(as long as bush is out of office)

First off, we don't know if aliens exist. Secondly, if they have the technology for interstellar/intergalactic travel they'd probably have pretty cool guns that could erradicate humanity completely.

However, one must look at the way technology is researched, developed, and put to use. Certain nations and civilizations invest(ed) more technological research in certain fields than others. For example, let's say country A is a coastal country with no enemies to speak of, so they rely heavily on trade and merchants for income and prosperity. Country B, however, is surrounded on all four sides by larger, more powerful countries, including Country A. They would be more interested in military research and developement than economical research and developement. Country A becomes so rich and prosperous that they get over confident with their smaller, less trained military. They decide they want more land, so they invade country B. Country B, having a more sophisticated military, kicks Country A's butt.

What I'm saying is aliens (if they exist) may be able to travel interstellar distances with advanced spacecraft, but may march out to battle with muskets. I guess we may never really know.

I prefer Warhammer 40K's dark story where nobody is good or evil. It's much better than Halo's retarded superheroic-Rambo-supersoldier killing everything in his path while teenagers around the world fawn over him.  sleepy.gif

671763[/snapback]

I like a good vrs. bad story, the HALO storyline is pure genious IMO.

671926[/snapback]

sorry, but the halo story is just a bunch of cliches mixed together to form a sub-par cliched story that my 2-year old brother could make up imo:no: but that's me grin2.gif

anyways, if you read war of the worlds(the original one- a very good read!), then youll know the aliens died of disease, since they evolved beyond disease or didnt have the same diseases that we have. the same will apply here. how do we know that: 1) aliens can breath our same air? what are the odds of an alien race from some distant part of the galaxy breathing our same mixture of oxygen, nitrogen, and trace elements? 2) will the aliens be able to survive the diseases we've been fighting, such as the common cold, all those viruses you get vaccinated for as a child, etc.? i dont think they really can. 3) will they be able to adapt to our gravity? their bodies and weapons, if theyre anything less than light or pure energy, will be harder to control, since their gravity most likely wont be the same as earth's, thus theyll have clunky walking and need to recalibrate their weapons.

Edited by TaintedDoughnuts

First off, we don't know if aliens exist.  Secondly, if they have the technology for interstellar/intergalactic travel they'd probably have pretty cool guns that could erradicate humanity completely.

672416[/snapback]

I don't know why, but I love the way you worded that. It's funny.

Anyhow, how do we know aliens would fight us in a way we could even comprehend? they might fry our fragile little minds with some kind of telepathic lightning bolt, or call us really hurtful names. Maybe they'd stroll out of their ships, present themselves, shake it around, and stroll back inside. Then take over while we were all staring at them, slack-jawed and speechless. It's a mistake to think they'd necessarily use tactics we could understand.

we never saw them attack, so we don; tknow if they are good at fighting, they are always naked and look weak

672408[/snapback]

Remember looks can be deceiving yes.gif if they alien.gif are able to travel across the universe to get to Earth then i think they are pretty capable of holding some powerful firearms gunsmilie.gif i don't think that they would completely take over the Earth but exploit the earth for our recources and even possiblly using us as slaves

Planet of the Apes action unsure.gif

I reckon it is not in their nature to destroy things, however if worse comes to worse .. they will kill us internally.. spiritually not physical wounds... no mortal weapon can kill the spiritual power they have!